Posts by panyncor

SOLD!   These are the original version LCD-2s (rev 1). The headphones have treated me very well — a perfect complement to the HD-800 — but I need to buy a set of CIEMs so something has to go.   This version of the LCD-2 is only available on the resale market. The sound is smooth but delivers great dynamics, and the bass response is remarkable. They scale well and I have them paired with a balanced cable custom made by ALO (XLR 3-pin x 2). The cable is a $200 value by...
I've decided to get a pair of HE-6 and would like to try connecting them to speaker taps. If you have a cable you'd like to sell, please let me know.
SOLD!  Thanks for everyone who contacted me -- and thanks to Head-Fi for hosting this great forum.   I purchased these new in 2010 and had them reterminated to a balanced connection (3-pin XLR) by ALO. Haven’t listened to them much in the last couple years (prefer the HD-800), so it's time to give them a new home. The condition is very good   Price is $685 (buyer pays shipping and Paypal fees). The headphones will come in the original metal box and with the original...
SOLD! Thank you to everyone who inquired -- and thanks to Head-Fi for hosting.   This is your chance to purchase the now-discontinued Audio-Gd Phoenix (purchased new in 2009). I’m enormously fond of it — my main amplifier and pre-amp for many years — but I don’t have as much space as I used to and need to consolidate my gear.   Here’s the original product page. And a link to Skylab’s review (“a world-class headphone amplifier . . . super-enthusiasically recommended”)....
SOLD!   This is a compact US-made 24-Bit 192K DAC that incorporates a high-current power supply. It accepts SPDIF and optical inputs and can output two single-ended or one balanced signal (using a proprietary cable that's included). It also has a phase switch (0 and 180 degrees).   As mentioned, this is a very compact solution: two matching aluminum boxes, each of which can be held in one hand. Stack them, place one in front of the other, arrange them side by side,...
Yes, it is. Several nibbles from nice people but no purchase yet.
Still available.
Sold   For sale is an RCA-terminated 'Trio' interconnect from Jena Labs (3 feet). I purchased it used from Echo Audio in Portland, OR this past February. Great interconnect but I haven't used it since purchasing a balanced power amp in June.   Price includes shipping in the continental US.
Good question. I've never heard a headphone that didn't benefit from being balanced -- in every case, there's been improved sound stage and precision. Of the headphones I've owned and balanced, I would rank the D7000s in about the middle as far as benefit.     This isn't meant to be a discussion thread, but if it helps for context, here's how I rank "benefits from being balanced": T1 (huge benefit) > AD2000 > W5000 > D7000 > LCD-2 > SA5000 > HD800 (relatively modest...
Thanks for the bump, MLE. And you know -- in case anyone else is considering it -- one neglected upside of kidney trading is that it's a very nice way to lose weight.