Posts by hifimanrookie

we are going into circles here...first mstage was my first amp..and yeah..when i had it i thought it drove it well..just like u are sayin now..but found out the 337 was much better..second..the he500 is just as hard to drive as a he560..so no need to hear it to know that..but okay..u have a point...and was not referin to ur yulong specifically when i said that some people say their budget amp drives a planar to its max..it was in general..But..let us rest this...u have ur...
If ur new to this hobby..do as i did (and many others who now have a true higher end rig): u start with lower end stuff...i started with a beyer mmx300, went onto a he300 and slowly went up to he400, he500 and now the code-x..thats the normal way when ur a newbie in this hobby...so in my opinion when u start this hobby with a VERY expensive (yes 900usd is expensive!) and then finish it off with a cheap amp etc is just other way around..its like learning how to race/drift...
For ur info.I owned almost all he phones of hifiman except the he4 and he6 (but listened many hours to a he6) and owned a modded he500 for more then 2years before i replaced it with the headphone i have now...and i tried many many many amps..and owned amps from low end affordable but still good for the money: matrix mstage, mid tier: the 337.. to high end: PaGAnd i found out with the he500 that the better the components around it the better it sounds... the mstage drove...
+1 i totally agree..NO 200 usd worth of amp will make the he560 sound good..if u believe that then its best to get a lower end headphone as for sure the he560 wont get the quality signal it needs to sound as it should..well..any higher end phone needs that.....no 100-200usd amp will do any higher end headphone justice...yeah they will maybe drive it..maybe...and make it hearable...As far i know of and in my experience..only the 337/339 and the lyr (the original) can drive...
I know..i will put it on the floor..and i wont need filters in between..already contacted BC (they also made the 3 filters i use already with surprising results) for a power supply..they since recently make very highgrade ones.. So i dont need filters then between pc and psu
the cable that almost fits all headphones soundwise (except maybe the lcd2) is the very affordable Black Widow 22awg..it does well with almost all phones as it has all the positives of a food copper cable without the nagatives...and best of all..its very affordable compared to other better quality copper cables...and there are lots more who can confirm this assumption of me....and if they for what reason dont do it for u..they are very easily sold!
Well already know the switching powersupply of my 1000usd worth of asus laptop is rubbish anyway ...so am looking for a better quality lineair powersupply to replace it with...
I dont know about that..technically it shouldnt matter..but..i spoke with a audio techincal engineer who is into 'audio grade pc's' also and he told me compressed flac and their original, wav, could (and i say could) sound different..as flac is compressed like rar for files...the cpu (=interference) has to work everytime to uncompress them and sometimes the driver used to do that isnt perfect..so u could lose some musical fidelity in the proces...wav is pure..no...
The biggest difference i hear between mp3 or vinyl 24/96 rips is the loss of soundstage..the mp3' s sound more as they are playing in a horizontal row instead of more 3d...there is a biggest sense of space in wav 24/96 compared to mp3.. Especially if u use older material to compare..(thats minimally compressed as almost all modern artist do nowadays) like queen or pink floyd or enya or even kate bush among others....if u compare those with mp3 versions even almost deaf...
Just in case he cant find the profile page and goes to to toxic outdated internet site, this is the page we mean:http://www.head-fi.org/u/279519/toxic-cablesHave fun choosing!