Posts by hifimanrookie

I dont know..what i do know is thT no matter the peak..low or high..or no matter the difficulty of the music to be played or even how many play at same time..I hear everything perfectly..even at very low levels ( i have very sensitive ears remember..so my volume cant be turned up a lot) i hear thundering lows and those extremely difficult to hear details in silent passages in classical music..or those playful little thingies some artists (like queen) put in their...
650.000uF in total. but only 5.23w into 50 ohm output .. Both measured...and nominal figures..so it could be a bit more But as i said before...this amp was created and built to drive a he6....as i wanted to buy one..so gilbert took (literarly!!!)!the internals of his NSL power amp (from its production line) and made a mini version of that amp...so basically i have a speakeramp..tuned and modified to drive a he6.But..my code-x has extra dampening/ modification and i...
I opened the power supply couple of times now in the first 3months i had him....it was sweating silicone to the outsides..normal thingie with all bc amps as he uses lots of silicone instead of straps etc..he provided me with a special thingie to open up the cover..take it off...so i could clean the cover safely with a damp soft cloth...now its clean..no sweating or smelling of silicone... so i know its insides..and its HUGE..but i was careful to do what he said and also...
Damn..u lost it now...heheheSeriously though....my amp needs to be ON always to be on optimal operational temp..those capacitators need constant current to be totally charged 24/7 i understand..i actually tested it in real life: as u remember i took my stuff to a high end audio shop here in the netherlands as they were curious how their own new headphone amp would compare to mine (they knew blue circle already).. So i drove 80km..my amp was off for at least 10hrs..and when...
I dont know..but he warned me never to open up the powersupply before being switched off from wallsocket for 15min, as it could be dangerous
i wonder which power amps ur talking about..as most higher end mono poweramps i ever heard (and owned two in past) have HUGE of everything and weigh a ton...and my back can back me up on that when i decided to change the room a bit...ouch... But as i also said..i dont have experience with nowadays/recent speaker amps....maybe now its all about lighter stuff in the amps...dont know...as i dont own any 2 channel speaker amp at the moment, only a multichannel onkyo amp from...
Hehehehe..u wont believe it..but we have been talking in improving the powersupply even further...yep..bigger of everything mmmm maybe i Could suggest to power my amp by a mini nuclear reactor..now that would be fun Before that i liked collecting tubes tuberolling is a very dangerous and addictive game..as it can turn out very costly ....i know from experience....but good thing is that the better ones are easily sold to others...i had couple of premium tubes and in a...
Lolz..damn...i am wondering how crazy u guys think i am:D
And others prefer the sound of a lyr or 337 (or any other good sounding tube amp)...and tbere are even a small amount of crazy bunch of lunatics who love both...i am one of those am already looking into an amp that has best of both worlds for next year..but for now its a secret what it will be...hehehe
Thanks mate for ur advice on the 6channel thingie...but i do have Not to bad onkyo multichannel receiver i use for blue ray movies also (with a affordable Oppo blue ray player) and not to bad multi channel tannoy loudspeakers connected ..so i will give it a try on that...hope my neighbours wont kill me because of the little (hehehehe) rumbling I had to get customed to ipthe sound of kraftwerk...especially the live concert i have...NICE dudes..and thew audienxe goes...