Posts by hifimanrookie

dont want to scare you..but that looks like a cracked cup they (tried to) repair..check the he5 forum to find solutions.hope i am wrong..mine is still as new and i got mine as one of the first...but as you read i treat het more carefully then a newborn baby..always covered to protect from sun..dust and moisture..and only touch hinges with my fingers to prevent sweat on the wood...but it still looks as if it was made yesterday
the code-x (HE5) is almost just as powerhungry as the he6 so needs power and needs good quality amping to shine as they can ( it would be pity if you use a mediocre amp with these special headphones)...so get yourself a higher quality headphone amp with around 5w output and you are good.Try blue circle audio..i have a true balanced custommade amp/ dac from them and you wont believe your ears how they sound matched together in combo with the dual mono silver based cable (...
that looks yummy...unholey time? What you mean..its only 3:52am here.so very early..whahahaHey Frank..i just took my first very careful babysteps into the ciem world..so be prepared to receive an order soon for a...fck..dont have a clue..as long its not copper..as the pro330 v2 that i got sounds a bit dark now with the N5 i use it with. Any ideas? Working on new stuff maybe?
+1 i agree with craftlyclown...i am a longterm buyer of cables of toxic (owned some top of the line models in custom version) and i can promise you the cable will blow you away ( take around 100hrs burn in time for the sw)..patience will be rewarded..17 weeks is nothing for us (older dudes) some of us waited more then 8 months for some audio pieces They now own and love.
dont get me wrong..i use the cayin n5...when.i say darker then expected doesnt mean its muddy..as voices are superclear and you can hear the smallest details..but compared to my code-x its dark..but it can also be because my code-x is an full size open headphone...and a whole different ballgame headphonewise and has a custom silver based cable on it..but nevertheless i love the pro330v2....its my first iem since ages when i swore iems off after i got a 'fight' with my...
In december i got a pro330 v2 sillicone myself and i have to say it sounds suprisingly dark for e neutral iems..almost audeze lcd2 dark..including the fleshy lows we love so much of that full size headphone (i guess its bmaybe because of the copper cable that came with it), but i guess you can improve the darkish sound by getting a silver based cable like the silver widow..but that detail, midrange and roomy sound...incredible! But i have to admit i had to get customed to...
Mine is still as new..using it almost every day for at least 3 hours a day...but i treat them like babies..no direct sunlight when not used (under velours blanket) and after very use i let the leather pads (audeze) dry (sweat) overnight and next morningi put blanket on them until next usage...and i try to avoid touching the wood with my hands..only hinches are touched...
I once started with toxic cables with a 4wire BW for the he500 i once had..gives a very fleshy sound without sounding dark as many copperbased cables around. You wont go wrong if you go for the bw... ru going balanced or single ended?
I dont know any cable brand who makes custom cables which lets you try them out before buying...its a calculated risk you have to take...like when you buy custom iems or custom amplifiers or speakers or even custom headphones...you go with your guts and what reliable people/ customers say about the product (i especially dont mention reviews made by 'professional reviewers', as those sometimes are not to reliable in my experience.For the rest..read yourself up on forums of...
Happy newyear people for later..