Posts by hifimanrookie

Dont listen to the techies here...follow ur ears... Not the numbers.. Yes the lyr2 is a much better amp then the vali..period! And its not only because the lyr has more watts... It just has better parts inside..is more musical also because of its hybrid design and better parts contributes to a better sound..no matter what u measure, resistence of planars (wtf is that anyway) or whatever a techie can come up with..And somebody mentioned the 339... I had a modded 337 and...
U have my blessing
Yeah we would, like this:And say: MAY THE TOXIC FORCE BE WITH USBut am glad my code-x has fluffy thick leather pads and a soft leather headband that keeps my ears from stretching out to much My cable..well..i trust frank blindly...if he says he will try to make me a dual mono,dual 3pin xlr, 8wire balanced, 18awg, french silk sleeved copper venom for my code-x, then i am almost sure he will be able to do it, as we both know he can do the impossible with cables.he proved it...
how loud do u listen to music my friend? i normally listen on low volumes as my very sensitive ears dont allow for loud sounds, as some of u know. my experience is that the 'lighter' quality the amp, the less u hear (but more of the noises u dont wanna hear!)..especially on low volumes (in the tracks) and silent passages..like in classical pieces, with changes from extreme soft passages to very loud passages ..The better the amp is designed and assembled (am not talking...
or people posting remarks just to be able to post anything to get attention or reactions and not contributing anything to this informative thread..people come on..even if one believes his butt needs burn in..let him believe that..dont try to nail that person to the wall just because u disagree, or think u know it better...as it only ends up in debates no one has any profit from it.
Hi!Yeah i can understand having a 8wire monster pulling onto ur in-ears would pull them out easily and not very comfortable I will have first 8wire copper venom for a hifiman headphone (with its tiny smc connectors) ever made frank told me..(its not even sure its technically possible frank told me..but he will try his best) so u can guess i am very anxious..and reading how ur rc4 sounds like and how u like it makes me even more wanting it... And who knows i try a silver...
+1 I agree..if u dont use other (better) cable then the sound wont change..BUT..of u use a bad quality adapter u could damage the quality of sound...best case scenario would be getting adapter of the same wire u use in ur own headphone cable.thats why i let toxic made the adapter out of the exact same wire as my headphone cable (8wire 22awg BW)And a tip in general..a well designed single ended amp is in no way worse sounding then a mediocre designed balanced amp..and...
Yes u can..remember my darkvoice 337? It was a single ended tube amp..but with a adapter cable (from toxic cables) from single to dual 3 pin xlr connectors i could use my new balanced BW cable, awaiting the balanced BC amp i now have
Check page just earlier then this..Kiats and I answered ur question on this
Just To give an example on ur post and a question to u: do u actually believe that a mjolnir with a he500 will be just as good (or better) as a sr007 (midrange stax) with A midrange stax amp? I choose this as an believable example as almost no one believes my amp sounds (almost) just as good with my code-x Btw..I also heard here on headfi that some respected headfi'ers were not to impressed of the cavalli liquid gold either;)..so thats not news to me. But my friend..if u...