Posts by hifimanrookie

okay guys...as promised..my little comparison between my loaner 4wire Silver Widow and my own 8wire custom Silver Widow 22awg 'Reference' I promised to do a first impressions/comparison between my loaner 4wire Silver Widow 22awg and my own 8wire custom Silver Widow 22awg "Reference"... and as u guys know i do that deadly honest and in my own way..so frank..take notes if u read any remarks for improvement.. sooo here it goes.First impressions between my loaner SW and my new...
my apologies..its been very hectic in my life the last two weeks or so...didnt even have time to use my rig....but this weekend i will try to put some kind of comparision together..
if ur in that boat u should try its sibbling.. The darkvoice 337...they sound more neutral then teh 339.. More ss like..probably of of the most ss sounding tube amp existing.. But with the beautiful traits of a good tube amp almost no ss amp has.. Maybe an idea? Its a powerhouse with the right tubes..
having owned a modded 337 for 3 years i can state this is an tube amp that sounds the most like a neutral ss amp.....its absolutely stunning sounding if u use tungsol 6sj7gt meshplates as drivers and tungsol 5998 (or bendix 6080 with graphite plates) as power tubes...powerful sound but still detaily...but warmer then any ss amp u can get ur hands on...in my opinion the 337 is residing in a grey area between pure tube sound and pure ss sound...ofcourse if u use warmer TCA...
i agree with my friend shini.. The better ur gear the better the sw22 can show its qualities.. So u know what to do next.. Get urzelf a custom 10k+ headphone amp and the new he1000 and ur in heaven.. Hehehe oopd
For anyone interested..i hope that my new sw22/8 will be burned in by the end of the coming week and so i can do a honest comparision between the new cable and the loaner regular 4wire sw22 i still have in my possession..already have the tracks ready in my head to do that so bare with me if ur curious...
i had the sister of the 339... The darkvoice 337.. Had it 3 years.. No issues at all...and had luck with the tubes also.. Never had a faulty or buzzing one... :-)
i tried my modded darkvoice 337 (brother of the 339) with a he6... It can drive it ..but that says it all...best get a quality speaker amp or a custom quality headphone amp (like mine) to drive ur he6 to its best...imho ofcourse.
dude.. Why should i buy a new 339.. I had an extremely modded 337..and u know that.. And i still have the cables that were specifically made for that amp"*.. So i thought it could help someone else who has a 337 or 339...as the new owner didnt need cables.. So they need a good home as my new amp has its own custom specific cables... And no.. I dont need a new 339..and u know the reason why i dont need any other amp... LolzAnd if i wanted to sell the cables i could put them...
Yes they come with 2 standard powercords..but in my experience the 337 /339 reacts very well on better powercords and plugged directly into the wallsocket!!! No extensions!.where are u at? I have maybe a good deal for u to upgrade the standard ones for custom versions specially made for for me for a modded 337..but they have shuko plugs..u really can hear the difference! for a very special price... Pm me if ur interested.