Posts by jagorev

These headphones, while they are the best-sounded closed full size headphones I've ever owned, have one of the worst cables I've ever seen. I don't exactly treat my headphones badly, but this cable has gotten inextricably tangled, and is fraying at a few different points, after just a few months of use. Advice needed: 1. Should I send these back to Denon? Do you think they'd fix the frayed cable under warranty? 2. Can I recable them without spending an arm and a...
Quote: Originally Posted by xguntherc Shure make as quality and well loved full size as they do IEMs?? I'll look at the denon but I want open cans. Or are they open? Not open, but I find them uncompromising in spite of being closed. They have great soundstage, detail, and bass. That being said, if you're set on open, I think the Sennheiser HD 595 is a fine sub-200 all rounder (amazon has 'em for under 200). Easily driven by almost anything....
$215 for the Denon D2000 is a fantastic deal. Amazing all purpose headphones, they match up well with considerably more expensive open headphones. Great soundstage, they'd work well for gaming and pretty much any music I've tried on them sounds great: B&H link - Amazon
I honestly don't think the three headphones being considered by the OP are much of an upgrade to the D2000. If you're going to upgrade, save up for a big upgrade (wait till you can afford to buy something in D7000 or HD 800 territory)
Long time since I last posted on head-fi. A few years ago, I was a true headphone nerd, accumulating amps and headphones like they were going out of style. I listen to a lot of classical music, and the best headphone for classical music I've ever owned, until now, has been a Sennheiser HD 600. However, in the last few years, my living situation (small apartment in a big city) has meant that I have had to deal almost exclusively in closed headphones. I sold off the HD 600...
For $50 apiece, you can get either the Sennheiser PX-100 (open) or Sony Eggos (closed)... neither can be beat for price/value, imho. The KSC-75 is a great starter, but not sturdy or comfortable enough to be a headphone I'd be happy using all the time.
Bump
Bump
This is an iPod I purchased just three months which I have barely used. It's in excellent condition and will be shipped in original packaging. I am also including a high quality leather sleeve, and the unused AppleCare Protection Plan to safeguard your purchase. Price: the whole package cost me $310 a few months ago, and is in nearly brand new condition. I am willing to sell at $174 or best offer. Shipping via USPS Priority Mail with insurance and delivery...
SOLD Two high quality IEMs in very good condition - I'm selling them only because I don't find much use for my IEMs these days. These are a great entrance to portable audiophilia. SOLD In the interest of hygiene, I will not be including my used sleeves and wax filters in the package - you should set aside $5 - $30 to purchase new ones, available here Shipping via USPS Priority Mail with insurance and delivery confirmation within the continental US is included in the...