Posts by moot11

AHH, nice! I was trying to set up a sub $200 system and many recommended the u turn orbit, but with all the necessary additions it brings things past $200, so I'm just going to buy the one you recommended. One last question: I have to choose either powered speakers or headphones and a amp, right? There's no way to set things up where I can have both options?
Ahh, I see. In that case, I should be able to plug the turntable into the Vali and the Vali into headphones, right? Thanks.
Hi Guys,    I'm planing on putting together my first turntable set up and have a few questions. I'm planning on having my setup consist of the following parts:   Micca MB42X Bookshelf Speakers Schitt Vali U Turn Tuntable   My question to you guys, is if I'm missing anything? I did some reading, and I believe the turntable will plug into the Vali amp and the vali amp will then plug into the speakers. Is that correct?   My other question is if anyone has additional...
   Thanks for the responses guys. I haven't had a chance to buy a cheap IEM yet, but I plugged in a pair of HE 400 and B&W P5 and the static/white noise/hiss is still present. I took a look and I do have a surge protector, but I'm also sharing the surge protector with a router, and a whole bunch of other devices (every outlet is plugged in). I'm guessing it's an issue with how many devices are plugged in?
 Doh, that was silly of me. I set it to high gain and I'm really happy with the setting and don't feel like I need an AMP. 
I just got a pair of HE-400s and I've been using them with my Xonar STX sound card. I'm finding that the volume is a little subdued, so I'm guessing I'll need an AMP.  Does anyone have any recommendations for an AMP in the 100 dollar range? I'm thinking EO9K?     home setup HE-400 Xonar STX   work setup B&W P7 mod+vali
I have a STX with HE-400s. I'm finding that my headphones aren't very loud, and was wondering if I either need an AMP or if I might have some settings wrong?
I recently picked up HE-400 and I've been using it in my home setup. I find that it isn't very loud, so I'm assuming I need a better AMP. Should I take the vali from my work setup and bring it home (so that I'm only using the DAC at work)? I'm reading that the P7s don't really need an AMP.    I ask because my old 598s sound a lot "better" and are much louder with my home setup. Maybe this may be due to a personal preference?    Thanks!   Home Xonar...
Picked up a P7 and using it with a vali modi combo. I hear a lot of white noise when my music is paused. I emailed Schiit and someone responded that the P7s are insanely efficient, so they would expect that I hear the noise floor.    Can someone confirm that this is the case? I don't have another pair of headphones to test at the moment. 
 Good point, and good to know! THANKS!