Posts by jnorris

Try removing or inserting the plug slowly to see if at some point both earpieces make sound. If they do, then it might be that the jack on the headphone or the plug on the source may be slightly out of spec and are not connecting correctly. As for continuity, there should be some continuity between the tip and the sleeve and the ring and the sleeve (left to ground and right to ground, respectively), but none between the tip and the ring. Finally, take a AA battery and...
The headphone output on most older amps was just the speaker output padded down with resistors. If your headphone out is ok but the speaker is cutting out I would look at poor connection/oxidation at the speaker terminal itself. If the volume and balance pots were malfunctioning you'd hear it both on headphones and speakers.
 Don't get me wrong - I use and enjoy both analog and digital sources. But in my quest for the ultimate audio experience I would hope that manufacturers would be trying to get me as close as possible to the live event, or at least the master tape, and not some approximation of an incredibly flawed and finicky reproduction medium.I will say this, placing a record on the turntable, cleaning it, cleaning the stylus and gingerly placing it on the record, then sitting down to...
 They must be injecting clicks and pops - or maybe just a reverse RIAA EQ circuit followed by a normal RIAA circuit. I don't think they can simulate the effect of improper VTA, cantilever/tone arm interactions, or inner groove distortion.
Our needs expand to fill available space. You probably won't have room to grow for too long. I filled up 128GB in no time so I added a 1TB hard drive via an OTG cable. I have to provide external power for the drive so there goes portability. It never ends.
I, for one, find it refreshing that people are letting their defenses down and admitting that they can't hear a difference. I get so fed up with zealots that replace a piece of wire then need to impress everyone with their command of golden-ear superlatives in describing the "transformation" of their audio systems.
I'm using the DX-50 with an OTG cable attached to a 1TB hard drive and it works well with the original DX-50 firmware. Anyone know if it will it work with RockBox or has that not yet been implemented?
Sigh... I can't hear the difference, but I know there has to be, and as long as I know there has to be I will not be satisfied with an MP3. Illogical...yup...stupid...maybe - in light of the space savings between FLAC and MP3...pigheaded...definitely.
Anyone having issues with the touchscreen sensitivity? I find that if I touch the screen to scroll up or down through a directory listing I wind up selecting whatever I touch and I have to hit the back arrow to return to the directory list. Very annoying! This was with all versions of the firmware including 1.2.8. Response to the pause, forward and backward buttons also remains sluggish.
I found the TDK IE800 on clearance for $24 at a Homegoods in South Jersey.  There were two sets, but I only bought one because I wasn't familiar with them - I only knew about the BA200.  I didn't get to hear them until later that night, and I was leaving for home in New York well before the store opened the next morning.  Once home, I realized how good they were and I was kicking myself for not buying the second one.  After scouring TJ Maxx, Homegoods and Marshalls up here...