Posts by Clay

I have never listened to the Cowboy Junkies before and I picked up the Trinity Session based on a post on this forum Thanks :-) The Trinity Session - Cowboy Junkies (WOW! great) Ssssh. - Ten Years After (picking up old favorites) Volunteers - Jefferson Airplane Very best of the Doors - Doors The Sheffield Jazz Experience - Awesome (never liked Jazz before)
I grew up on Heineken. I like them very cold - freezer for 10-20 minutes. Now I drink water and Latte's.
eBay - buy and sell investors.com - I am learning a ton reading the investors corner every day. This is the on line version of investors business daily with some free stuff. americanbulls.com - free stock buy sell site. has daily candle action and daily buy sell stocks once you log in for free. maximumpc.com - For when I build PCs - just about time to upgrade to a P4 http://www.worldzone.net/music/andystereowz/audio.htm - incredible wealth of information about...
I have a 70's ...Rotel RP-3000 70's Micro Acoustics 2002 (still looking for a stylus) 70's Micro Acoustics 282e I just picked up a ~60's Empire 208 - it looks really cool, yet could probably use a new upgraded arm. One guy on the web does a mod for ~$2k to this table, yet that is too rich for my blood. I have a McIntosh C20 tube preamp - it is well known for its phono stage. I am out of room, yet based on this thread, I will find somewhere to park my turntable...
One of my friends is selling a Perreaux (2150B or 2350). He says it will have much better bass than my B&K ST140. I was wondering you any of you have opinions on these amps. I am running the Mac C20 into a Pyramid (cheap) electronic crossover then to a Dynaco st70 for the highs and the BK for the lows bi amp into old ess AMT 1A. Thanks, Clay
Millerdog, that is interesting. I will have to check out what PG&E does in the Bay area and how much hz and volts change. I saw a Monster Power stabilizer at Good Guys for $1,500 that actually maintains exact power if the input is 80-120v. The big impressive meter on the front shows what it was doing. It was adding a few volts when I saw it (and it was constantly changing a bit). It must also regulate the hz. It looks cool and impressive. A bit rich for my blood...
Does anyone use tributaries cables or have an opinion on them vs. other cables like the Outlaws for tubes and electronics? My budget would be ~<$100 a cable (I have 7 total). I am using the white ones (A3) from pre-amp to crossover and then to the amps except the Dynaco 70 has the rca jacks so close together I am using a monster standard interlink 200 - shaved a bit off the rca jackets so it would fit. I am using the tributaries "blue" delta audio for the sacd...
The JVC has plenty of power and discrete outputs so that is a good start. I bought the B&W DM 302 for my son and a Monitor Audio ASW 100 sub. It is a really nice setup. Later I picked up some DM302 demos for $150 for myself before I went crazy and got a ton of vintage gear. The 302 received some great reviews. They are oop, yet used are available or they have a new model that is probably as good or better. The sub sounded better than the others including the B&W. ...
As I remember you can only play metal tapes in cassette recorders that handle metal. It affects the bias and Eq and metal is hard on playback heads not intended for metal tapes. I like Maxell tapes. I have a box of XLII tapes ready to go. In the 70's, when I did the comparisons the Maxell were my favorite, the TDK SA was my second favorite, and Sony was third and worked well on Sony cassette players. I did not like memorex or basf. I also preferred to not use...
quote from another thread: -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- home depot power strips are BAD for audio and not recommended. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I have so much equipment in the den that I have power strips plugged into power strips. I was wondering (Help!) 1) where I could do some research on the power strips impact to the hi fi 2) best ideas - run new...