or Connect

Posts by gnarlsagan

I think it's just really really hard to get that perfect bass curve that retains the neutrality and clarity offered by the ER4S, but with superior sub-bass extension. Even the ER4XR straddles the line of just slightly too much mid-bass for my picky ears. A perfect curve imo would look exactly like the ER4SR until about 70-80Hz,and would then slowly rise to about +6dB at 20Hz. Any extra boost above 80Hz risks coloring the rest of the FR imo, and even too strep of a sub-bass...
Just to throw my 2c in... I auditoned the Yggdrasil paired with the Ragnarok and didn't think it came even close to the Dave. Pretty short sessions, but the Schiit gear definitely did not come off as immediately impressive as both the Dave and the Mojo. More listening time might could possibly change that, but I'm fairly sure of what I heard.
I hate hiss and haven't noticed any. But... I don't use anything very sensitive these days.The Mojo produces way more heat than the 760. Way more. I still use it portably strapped to my phone though. Totally worth the sound improvement to my ears.@luisdent something tells me you won't require a blind test...
Guys speaking of sources... Having the Mojo has forced me to reconsider my objectivist leanings. It just sounds clearly better than anything else I've owned. I've done AB testing with my Nexus 5, Leckerton, and the Fuze, and could never really reliably tell them apart. I don't typically reach into the same bag of tricks as castleofargh during listening (however useful those tricks may be). So focusing solely on the music makes it pretty damn difficult to tell some sources...
Chiming in... From what mark88888 has said about his preferences, I think he'd prefer the XR. It has slightly more bass than the SR, and so also slightly more bass than the ER4S, like one might perceive on the ER4P because of the lesser treble. However, the XR is more accurate than the ER4P to my ears because it retains the mids and treble accuracy of the ER4S. @mark88888 get the XR. There is slightly more bass than both the ER4S and ER4P, but it should sound less warm...
The new ER4SR and ER4XR (same thing with more bass) are both incredibly impressive. Flat FR, channel matched to within 1 dB (with graphs), and clearer than even the old ER4S. I've heard most of the flagship stuff from JH, Noble, UE, etc, but none are as flat across the FR as the new Etys, which translates to improved clarity over every other flagship I've heard imo. Best Mojo pairing to my ears. Fit is definitely not for everyone though.
Might want to try looking at the tweaks available in the UAPP settings.
@Torq Does DSD provide any audible benefit over FLAC through the Mojo? Also, can DSD be losslessly converted to a format that doesn't exhibit the issue?
My Nexus 5 didn't ever exhibit RF issues until once recently. For some reason started happening randomly, and switching to wifi mildly helped, and going completely to airplane mode helped more. Moving the Mojo further away than about 3 inches eliminated the noise. And then the problem went away entirely. I am typing this from my Nexus 5 streaming over LTE to the Mojo (which is strapped directly to the Nexus 5) with zero RF issues. The problem may only exist at my house,...
True. Us Southern Californians aren't the biggest tuckers. Seems like a pretty specific use case though. A formal enough situation to have to tuck, but one in which you can wear iems.Either way, under the shirt works wonderfully for me, especially since the cable is so long.