or Connect

Posts by appar111

Sno1man- you were right about emptying the Mac's trash can while the Sony was connected-- once I did that, it freed the space up on the Sony. Awesome! I didn't set anything on the Sony to get it to show up on the Mac, I just plugged it in w/ the included USB cable and it was good to go. Maybe yours was defective? Have you tried reformatting/resetting it and attaching it again? BTW, thanks for the advice on the trash issue!
Quote: Originally Posted by Pangaea How does it sound? Music sounds much better going straight through the headphone out than it does using the line out of my iPod Mini into a Go-Vibe V5 (this is using the True Bass setting on 2 and a little treble bump on the Sony). If I could just get this deleting/disc space use issue figgered out....
Well, it pulls the album year info, but won't pull the album artwork, even though I have the album artwork for most of the albums when I open them in iTunes. Maybe iTunes doesn't embed the artwork info into the music files themselves? Anyway, the bigger issue is that if I drag and drop files onto the Sony from my Mac, things go on fine ('cept the album artwork-- no biggie), but if I delete them off of the Sony using my Mac, the files are gone, but the Sony still shows...
Well, I decided to pick one up at the local Wal-Mart today while I was out. I figured if it won't work with my Mac, then I could always use my wife's laptop or the work computer (both Windows machines) to upload stuff. Heck, it's only a 2GB model, so it's not like I'd be loading a ton of stuff anyway. I got home, installed WMP11 on my wife's laptop, waited for it to restart, and thought "I'll hook it up to my Powerbook to see if I can at least charge it using the...
Quote: Originally Posted by sno1man I have the sony nw816 and a macbook pro Unfortuntately it does not work with the Mac. It does not even mount as a volume. It does work under boot camp with XP however that's a shame, because I read in a CNet or similar review that it shows up on a Mac as a portable USB device (?)
Has anyone done a comparison between these two and can offer the opinion as to which has better overall sound quality? Mini3 goes for around $110 and the Headsix is about $150, right?
In excellent condition-- comes w/ box and all accessories. Just trying to free up some cash for a newer MP3 player. Asking $55 shipped in the continental US/lower 48. Paypal accepted with a confirmed shipping address, or I'll also take money orders. Please PM if interested, thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by selfnoise Well, they definitely work with MSC, but unfortunately I don't own a Mac so I don't know if there are any weird issues. The one thing you will have to deal with is that the player wants album art either uploaded through WMP11 or embedded in the MP3s. So you might have to go and do that if yours aren't embedded. I could swear I saw a user report from someone on OS X, but I can't find it now. I don't really...
I've read that the new Sony NWZ series is recognized as a USB mass storage device, and that because of that it can be used with a Mac. It also reads AAC files. I'm a Mac user and I'm looking for something new in the portable arena. My main problem with moving to one of the new nanos is that my laptop is 4 years old, and I'm running OSX 10.3.9, so the idea of getting a new ipod is out. Has anyone used one of these new NWZ Sony's (specifically the NWZ-S615F that's...
noooooooooooo! Seriously, this is a great sounding amp-- one that I've regretted selling a bit since I bought it because it really does make music just plain better. I'm not sure what the new "M" version of the Hornet sounds like, but this one is a unique amp that I was very proud to own for the time that I had it.