Posts by appar111

I finally decided to head down to Sam Ash today to pick up a pair of Ultrasone HFI-550's, since I saw that they were available online for $109.95 with free shipping (and I know Sam Ash price matches). I listened to them with a few sample tracks that they had playing on their dj cd player (random country, club, salsa tunes). I definitely liked what I heard. Warm, full, good sounding. Then I saw the HD280 Pros on the listening rack, and I've owned them before, so I...
Quote: Originally Posted by intoart I am quite impressed with my Sennheiser HD280s for $89. The only catch is that they are extremely sensitive, so if your amp has even the slightest trace of noise, you will hear it. They are pretty comfortable, they are closed, and I can lay down with them on. Amazing bass for the price. I had the HD280's before-- with a receiver's headphone jack, they sounded huuuuge. The big negative is the fact that the...
Looking to get back into headphones (been on sabbatical for a while) and I'm looking at the following choices for an "under $125" set of cans: Grado SR60 ($70) Ultrasone HIF-450 ($99) Sennheiser HD25SP ($90-100) AKG K81DJ ($50-80) Beyerdynamic DT235 ($65) I mainly listen to rock, and have an iPod mini, an older Shuffle, and a Sony mp3 player, and a couple assorted pcdp's. Closed would be nice, but not an absolute necessity. I would like something that I...
I tried out the HFI-550's about 6 months ago at Sam Ash (the black ones w/ the yellow Ultrasone Logo on the side of teh cans). They were $159, but I saw them on B&H tonight for $110 w/ free shipping.
I've been away from the world of headphones for quite a while and have been happy with my Sony mp3 player and Koss KSC-75's, but I'm looking to get back into full size cans and wondered what good closed cans I should pick up. I'd like them to sound good unamped, and preferably for them to be comfy to wear while laying down. I'd like to keep the price at $125-150. I listen to mainly rock music. So what should I go for? As far as closed cans, I've had Sony...
Looking for a pair of AKG K141S-- the ones with the gold earcups, from just before the redesign and release of the K141S MkII. Or a pair of K240S or Sennheiser HD25SP's for a good price. PM me if you have a pair that you're looking to sell. thanks! J.
Looking for a blue Sony D-NE300 pcdp in excellent condition. I'm sure someone has to have one laying around somewhere that's not getting any use. If so, please PM me and let me know, thanks! Josh
item has been sold. thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by Nocturnal310 Why dont u checkout the HD205 ? they are the portable version of HD25... sound quality might be little less but thats cause they are 32 ohm low impedance. they are as tough as HD25sps.. A DJ recommended them to me. When you say they're like the portable version of the HD25, do you mean consumer portable (rather than professional)? The HD25SP's are already small (smaller than the HD205's, actually). ...
Quote: Originally Posted by monolith You can get Beyerdynamic DT-770/80s for 4125 used, and they're built like tanks and sound excellent. Had them before, but they definitely need an amp. I also want something w/ cups small enough that I can lay down & listen to music, and the Beyers are just a bit big for that.