Posts by appar111

Can't do IEMs-- too many problems with ear infections and I'd have to religiously clean them every night. I have some DBI's and they're reall nice, but they're pretty big and making laying down and listening to music difficult.
Can someone provide me some options for a closed set of cans that I can listen to while laying down? I want something clean yet full sounding that can work with a variety of musical styles. And fairly durable since they may get tossed off my head in the middle of the night if I fall asleep while listening to tunes. I'm assuming I'll need to go with something supra-aural to meet the laying down requirement. My budget is $80 or under. Here's what I could dig...
Quote: Originally Posted by ljokerl Well... I was thinking along the lines of a mini3. It has quite a bit more muscle (at least compared to the T4). If you've got a bit of DIY know-how (or patience and some time), you can build one for ~$70. Alternatively, a brand new one can be had for ~$95. Where can one get a Mini3 brand new for around $95? I'm very interested, as I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on some HD25-1's too.
I've been away from the headphone and amp world for a while and noticed that Go-Vibe amps are still being made and I wondered if these are the same as the ones made by Norm from a few years back? they look similar, but seem to only be available from Hong Kong (I think?) which leads me to believe they're not the same as the ones Norm used to make since he's in the US. Can anyone give me the rundown on quality, etc. for this new Go-Vibe series of amps, and what may...
Anyone have any good recommendations for water resistant headphones for bicycling? I plan on doing alot of biking this summer, rain or shine, and would like a set that won't: 1) cost an arm and a leg (i.e. $40 or less) and 2) are water resistant for those occasions where I'll be biking in the rain. I'm thinking something along the lines of these: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1218072894454
I wonder where the 300 ohm rating came from? Could've sworn a couple head-fiers said they were 300 ohms. At 40 ohms, I'll be very happy with not having to use an amp to get them to sound good.
I just won a pair of DBI Pro 700's on ebay today for under $40 shipped, I'm hoping they will be a great pair...
Quote: Originally Posted by joincoolkidclub My KSC75 have survived just about everything I've thrown at them. I do like the PortaPro sound signature a hair better, but your mileage may vary. Yeah, the KSC75's can sound a little too crisp compared to the Portapros. Plus the PP's look cooler. I'm getting tired of the rattling from stray hairs that get stick in the earpads (& touch the drivers) on the Koss' though, thanks to the fact that I have...
I just scored a NIB set of DBI Pro 700's for $37 shipped on Ebay. Hopefully they'll be a good set for me-- these make the Beyer DT150's I used to have look shoddily built by comparison, and the DT150's were tanks!
I just snagged a pair of these on Ebay new-in-box for $37 shipped. The auction stated these were 40 ohms, but I've done a little reading here on head-fi and a couple people have mentioned that the DBI Pro 700's are 300 ohms. Pretty big difference. I'm hoping they are as advertised (i.e. 40 ohms) as I plan to use these w/ portable devices (cd player, mp3 player, portable dvd). Does anyone know for sure? I checked DBI's website and they don't specifically list the...