Posts by appar111

I'm thinking of picking up a Sansa Clip+ (8GB model most likely) and wanted to make the most of it, so I was thinking of rockboxing it. How difficult is the process? Is it just a matter of downloading the right file to the player and rebooting it? I have a spare 8GB micro SD card, so it’s very hard not to want to get essentially a 16GB flash player for under $60. I’ve got a 2nd gen iPod Mini (4GB) and a 4GB Sony NWZ-A816. I’ve been sticking with my go-to cheap,...
Looking to pick up a small DAP that's a little more pocketable and durable, and I'm looking at the 4GB Sansa Clip+ for $49. I had a couple questions on it: Can I use this with a Mac, or is it Windows only? How is the EQ? Is it 3-band, 5-band? On the expandable memory slot, can I use any micro SD card? If so, I'm thinking of picking up an 8GB micro SD card for cheap How is the overall sound quality? I'll be using Senn MX300/400/500s with it, no amp. I have a Sony mp3...
That one for $19 on Ecost is just the Clip, not the Clip+.
Quote: Originally Posted by bik2101 just curious... what headphones/iems/earbuds are you using. it might not even be necessary to use an amp I'm using DBI Pro 700's, Sportapros, KSC-75's and Senn MX300's.
I'm thinking of kickin' it lo-fi and going with an Altoids CMoy for a headphone amp for my PCDP and/or iPod setup and wondered what's a decent price to pay for a well made Altoids type tin CMoy? These look pretty decent: Micro Cmoy headphone amp - Opamp2227 - Amplifier - eBay (item 260537232275 end time Jan-20-10 03:44:31 PST) Is around $40 too much? I figure it's about $20 in parts to build a basic one (around $50 in parts for a premium one?). While I might be...
I'm looking for a portable or at least transportable amp to use bedside and around the house for use with an iPod, portable cd player, etc. I know there are great amps out there like the mini3, Pimeta, PPA and Meta42 that can be had if I watch the "amps for sale" emporium, but I'd like to just grab something immediately available, get it ordered and get to listening to some tunes! I've been out of the audio scene for a while, so aside from a $99 Airhead from...
From the places I looked around, the HD series was more expensive than the xx2 MkII series. I have a cat in the house, so an extra cable with the package is nice, as well as a couple different pad options (the Mk II's all come with velour and pleather, right?) I just checked online and the K240 Mk II is around $145, and the K242 HD is more like $270-- I'd like to limit the cost to around $150. Does the K240 Mk II have the thing that shuts them off when you take them off...
Well, I now have some Christmas fun money to play with and I'm looking at getting a new set of headphones. They need to be good for rock and classic rock and pop, and they have to sound good unamped (a slightly warmer sound signature would be nice, and they have to sound musical. I don't want to get back in to analyzing music, I just want to enjoy it. Here are my choices: AKG K240 Mk II AKG K141 Mk II Also, being able to lay down and listen to tunes in bed...
Man, that sure seems a great deal! I'm looking for something for unamped, closed use that can be sort of bang-around and these look pretty nice. thanks for the info! J.
I did a quick search for these on google shopping and it showed a price of arounf $169, but on Ebay, it seems that they seem to be going for around $75 with free shipping. That seems to be a pretty big discrepancy-- are the ones on Ebay legit?