or Connect

Posts by appar111

Thanks for the offer but my post was from 5 years ago and I'm not looking for these anymore ☺️.
Up for sale is my SR-71A.  Has less than 40 hours on it and is in great shape, minimal, if any, wear.  Comes with original box, pouch, paperwork, feet (uninstalled) and two spare thumbscrews for the battery compartment plate.   Asking $250 paypaled & shipped in the Continental US/lower 48. PM if interested.  NO TRADES PLEASE-- thanks!          
I should probably specify that I'm not looking for in ear monitors, as I need to hear my surroundings. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I'm hoping to get some recommendations for earbuds that I can use with a Ray Samuels Audio SR-71A portable amp. Are there any really good options out there? Or should I just be looking for a smaller set of full-size headphones, like some sort of on ear headphones? They need to be good for rock music, no super heavy genres, just your usual Scorpions, Van Halen, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest stuff 😉. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PM sent!
I was wondering, since I haven't purchased an amp yet.  Haven't amped anything for a long time and am just getting back into portable hifi audio after quite a few years off.   I'll most likely start with a Stevovee CMoy amp.    It looks like I can get a lightning to 30-pin adaptor cable rather than an adaptor piece for under $10 that would put much less strain on the lightning output on the Touch.  Then I could get a similar 30-pin to 3.5mm cable for under $10 to run...
Just picked up a 128GB iPod Touch 6th Generation and wondered what my options for line out are?    With my old Classic, I was using a Sendstation Pocketdock which had a 3.5mm line out option on it.  I can't use that on this new iPod Touch since the Touch now uses the Lightning plug.   I suppose I can get a Lightning to 30-pin adaptor and then plug the Pocketdock into that, but it's putting a lot of strain on the Lightning plug at that point (something I don't want to...
Looking for a nice headphone amp, something pro sounding and looking that won't break the bank.  My first choice of stuff would be Ray Samuels Audio (Hornet, SR-71A), which I still may end up going with, but I figure if I get something under $200 I can have some scratch left for a new pair of cans.   I've been out of the game for a while and when I left, the Meta42, Pimeta, PINT and their ilk were the latest and greatest thing.  Seems like now we're dominated with Fiio's...
Been out of the head-fi game for quite a while, but sold a guitar of mine and have enough funds to afford a high quality portable amp for use w/ a pcdp and ipod for desktop and home use.   Looking at the Ray Samuels Audio P-51 Mustang or Hornet as my lead options.  Both are a little above my budget, but I've heard great things about them both.  Even had a non-M version of the Hornet years back and remembered really liking it.  I also like the fail-safe of having...
pm sent!