or Connect

Posts by Skylab

What input are you using on the SC-67? The SC-67 has a phono input but you CANNOT use that with the hookup scenario you described. You have to use an Aux (line-level) analog input.
I am 99.99% certain there are no current production 6AS7/6080 tubes. If there were, amp makers like AtmaSphere, who sell amps loaded with 6AS7s, would use them. But they don't. They use NOS Russian tubes. And honestly, what fool would go into production of this tube? There is literally no money in it. One can buy NOS Svetlanas for $5 each, or even less when purchased in bulk, and there are clearly mountains of these available. A while back I thought about buying a box of...
Well, theoretically, yes. However, many amps have circuitry that shuts down the speaker outputs if the DC Offset gets too high, in order to protect the speakers from exactly the damage you're referring to. So I thought perhaps that might be happening.
Well, it could just be coincidence that the sub was hooked up only to the left channel, and that's the channel that is now having problems...but it does set off some alarms... Make absolutely sure there aren't any stray strands of speaker wire touching each other, and run just the A speakers to the main speakers, no sub, and see what happens. If you still get shutdown on one channel after a while, I strongly recommend checking DC offset.
Do you have a multimeter ? If so, you should check for DC offset. http://audiokarma.org/forums/index.php?threads/amplifier-distortion-dc-offset-and-you.5634/
Yup, although the "main listening room" is my family room, and its heavily used by my teenage son. Which is totally cool. I have lost of places to hang out and listen to music
They are B&W DM-16's. I like them a lot, although I do prefer the Pioneer DSS-9's in my attic rig. My "best" speakers of course are my B&W Nautilus 800's, but it's nice to have variety
Right...I tried them outside but in spite of how the room may look from the pic that meant they were too far to the outside and there was no stable center image. The listening position isn't as far back as I would like but not much I can do about the foundation wall I'm 49 years old and have been at this a while...
Ha! No the TT isn't as high up as it looks The tape is MU: The Best of Jethro Tull
Having fun right now hanging out in my basement watching Sunday Night Football and spinning some Jethro Tull on reel