or Connect

Posts by Skylab

For sale is a very nice pair of PSB M4U2 noise canceling headphones. These are in very good condition. They work absolutely perfectly. They show normal signs of careful use. The case itself has a little more sign of wear, but is structurally sound. Have priced to sell! Check my feedback no buy with confidence.
In addition to jnorris's excellent post, note that damping factor is irrelevant for the LCD-2, as the impedance curve is completely flat across the frequency spectrum.
Well if both of those were in very good condition, I would go with the Toshiba. That Pioneer model is an older belt drive design, and that Toshiba is very likely a CEC-built direct drive TT that's branded Toshiba (at least from what the pics on the 'net look like).
That would make sense, because wasn't a lot of the Toshiba tooling directly copied from Raytheon (on purpose under Raytheon's supervision)?
Just for what it's worth, lots of companies rebranded Russian tubes, especially toward the end of the tube era. I had some Sylvania 6AS7G tubes that were rebranded Svetlanas. They were unquestionably "authentic" - Sylvania had rebranded them. Just have to be able to spot Russan tubes.
You can buy them cheaper here: http://www.elexs.com/Otl_7241.htm
It really doesn't get much better than that.
For better or worse, that's not really possible. Many of the processes required for making vintage vacuum tubes exactly as they were made in the tube heyday wouldn't be legal today. Certainly not in Europe, where ROHS pretty much precludes tube making.
One of my favorite things about the SX-1980 are the incredibly flexible tone controls. GOOD tone controls are a godsend.
I'm sure that's 47k ohms. But 600mv??! Line level is usually 1-2 V! So yeah that sounds like a bad design. Does your GSX preamp have a variable output? Try using that instead of the fixed out.