or Connect

Posts by Skylab

If your second question was also directed to me, I'm sorry but I can't answer. I've never heard one of these strapped 6BL7 configs. I will say that the 6BL7 is a very good sounding tube but I have only every heard it used one tube per channel in the more conventional manner. I do think the Sylvania 6BL7 was a little better sounding than the Sylvania 6AS7 in an amp I had years ago that was able to use both optimally. But when one tries to use one kind of tube in an amp...
That's correct. There is no one currently manufacturing any flavor of the 6AS7G. That said, it's hardly relevant for the small number of tubes that the current audio business requires, versus the mountains of Russian and Chinese NOS military tube stockpiles there are. One can still easily buy 100 tube cases of the very nice Russian 6H13C. 25 piece boxes run $150.
For the record - the 6AS7 is not still being manufactured. Don't confuse the mountains of Russian and Chinese military equivalents of this tube for new production. They aren't. There may be an essentially limitless supply from the perspective of audio needs, but no one is currently making the tube, at least at this juncture.
Great stuff, r2 and AppleHead!
He doesn't have any 1980's. And honestly if one were to be found, one would think it would be in Europe. Japan is 100V. That one sure does look nice though!!!On another note, I get a weekly email flyer from these guys and they have a Sansui G-22000. I almost bought it. But since I didn't I thought I would post the link here:http://www.tmraudio.com/product/xx-458
@SpeakerBox That TT looks awesome man, congrats! @AppleheadMay The 1280 is every bit as good sounding as the 1980. I had a restored 1280 and loved it. I freely admit I stepped up to the 1980 just because I wanted to. There really wasn't any real sonic benefit.
Awesome. You will love them I'm sure.
I would actually love to own a pair of Cerwin Vegas. I have fond memories of a buddy of mine's C-W's back in the 80's. I looked for a pair locally for a while but never found a decent pair and eventually stopped looking.
Yup, the Kappa 5 is a great little speaker. My brother has a pair he uses with a Pioneer SX-980, and the two sound absolutely phenomenal together.
Oh it was definitely about the sound! The Kappas are nice enough looking but nothing exotic. They sound great though. The EMIT tweeter is still one o ft he best sounding tweeters ever made IMO. I still have my Kappa 6's. Next weekend's project is to set them back up in the basement and give the B&W DM-16's a rest.