or Connect

Posts by Skylab

Very nice, Shaizada! Wow! And beautiful DP-59L
yeah well I graduated from COLLEGE in 1988. So you can imagine how I feel I turn 50 this year...now THAT'S vintage
I have to agree. 1999 is definitely not vintage. 1989...well...that's stretching it to me, although it was 27 years ago now. So we probably have to allow it. What's sad is that when the 90's stuff is old enough to be considered vintage, we who are into 70's era hi-fi will need to come up with another name for it
since the tubes in the "second one" are purely light show, I doubt that the "sound" has much to do with it
GE = General Electric, the US company GEC = General Electric Company, the U.K. Company They are not related.
Cheers fellas. Analog, tubes, and 600 ohm headphones...it's a way of life
Yup, I've come full circle, and my main headphone is back to being the 600 ohm Beyer DT880s. Those are custom ones I had made back when Beyer was doing that. Fun how that happens The amp is a prototype from Phil Larocco. Sounds terrific!
Shameless plug...if anyone is desperately looking for one of these, there happens to be a Loki in the FS forums at the moment
I'm selling the Schiit Loki I purchased right when they came out. I have never used it. It's still sitting in its original box - I opened it but never actually hooked it up. Just took it back out to snap these photos. $125 shipped CONUS. I accept only PayPal.