Posts by Skylab

OK that is SUPER cool. I need one!
I'm really glad to see Jahn posting again, not just because he is a great guy, but because I do not want to exceed his post count
Pioneer's dual-stage tone controls are just awesome. I use the 50 Hz / 20 kHz controls on my SX-1980 very regularly.
Very regularly, actually. My vintage rig gets used much more than my high end rig, which I assembled over a decade before I got into vintage. I simply like listening to music more on the vintage rig, although I enjoy my high end system as well.
Apologies, I misread the news. I agree, Neil Young taking over as CEO is NOT encouraging. And I'm into Pono for $400...ugh...
You guys should be ENCOURAGED about this move in terms of the ability of Pono to succeed. Do you really think Neil Young would make a good CEO??? Highly unlikely. This is a very common thing to have happen and makes perfect sense. EDIT: I misread the news...see post below...
Great post, Captouch! Yep, the Fisher KX-100 is a fine, fine piece of kit. No doubt.
Wow it sure does! That era of Fisher is just awesome. Congrats Old Groucho!
Yeah, Matt does great work, and his reputation has spread, and now his wait is really long. Some of the longer-time techs who do these full restores have wait lists that are YEARS.
That's the difference then for sure. Mine is the brand new 30th anniversary edition. Not sure how the mastering differs but your label is cooler