Posts by Skylab

I went ahead and created an impressions thread: http://www.head-fi.org/t/724046/chiunifi-8-meet-impressions-and-pictures-thread
Thanks again to AudioAddict / Steve for organizing another great event! The meet was VERY well attended, and it was nice to have some manufacturers as we'll as so many head-fires. I had a great time...nice to see a bunch of old friends again, and I met some great new folks as well. As usual I did more socializing that listening, but I did hear some stuff that caught my ear. The new Oppo PM-2's sounded very good, as did their headphone amp. I want to spend more time with...
Well if someone went through the trouble to fake them, they should have branded them Mullard or something more likely to bring in some bucks than Sylvania
I'll be leaving soon and should be there around 10. Very psyched! ONE TRAFFIC WARNING: locals should all know, but unless you live downtown, DO NOT TAKE THE KENNEDY (90/94) TO THE EDENS (94)! If you are coming from out of town, don't come through downtown - take 294 around instead. The construction on the Kennedy isn't going to be pretty today. See you all soon!!!!
Fascinating...I've never seen Sylvania branded Russian tubes before. I've seen those branded Ampex, Ultron, Mullard, and others, but never Sylvania.
That's very cool on both counts!Well...I sold the Leben a few weeks back, so I guess that's your answer
That Dual was originally supplied with a Dual branded Shure cartridge. So while that AT will probably be fine, you should also consider the Shure M97xE which is a fine cartridge. I actually like it better than the entry level AT carts as it has a warmer, more forgiving sound.
The headphone out on my Pioneer SX-1980 is so good that I no longer own a single dedicated headphone amp. Not one. I'm still reviewing them for InnerFidelity, and so there are usually one or two here, but they are review loaners. For my own use, I actually PREFER to use the SX-1980. You put it very well - there is a transparency and effortlessness that is hard to imagine.
Sorry to hear that, man. FWIW I would use the HE-6 from the headphone out of a 1050. Should be plenty of power.
I could bring my LCD-3 as well as my AT W3000ANV if people think we need another pair...