Posts by Skylab

Indeed, that's some awesome vintage gear there!!!! Nice!
Well, just to be clear, Pioneer isn't exactly exiting the consumer audio business. They sold their audio business to Onkyo, and at the same time bought a significant share of Onkyo. Pioneer's main business for many years has been Car Audio. They are going to focus on that, and have Onkyo make their home audio gear. It is sad, in a way, especially for someone like me who has a room full of Pioneer gear that I love, but Pioneer as a company isn't going away. It's not like...
Nice! Love the Thorens, and I've always had a soft spot in my heart for Dynaco...owned quite a few Dynas over the years.
Thanks! The turntable is there, but it can't be seen in that shot - it's above and just behind the TASCAM (a Denon DP-59L).
I took this glamour shot, apologies to people tired of seeing my vintage rig but it's still my pride any joy. What's new is the TASCAM BR-20 RTR
Do you mean besides the actual TS BGRP 6F8G?
This idea that SS = Neutral is not really valid, IMO.
Just to be clear, 99.9% of solid state amps and receivers do not have an output transformer and as such there is no issue using the speaker taps. There is the question of whether it is worth bothering, when in many cases there is more than enough power from the headphone jack.
Note that while this is generally true, this particular TT, the Numark TTUSB, has a built in phono preamp, with a phono/line switch. I'm sure the built in phono preamp can be bettered by even one of the $50 phonopreamps.com models, but strictly speaking, the TT can be connected directly to an amp with the rear panel switch in the LINE position.
Wow, pedalhead, that's a beauty! Congrats!!!