Posts by Skylab

Yeah I agree...I'm not familiar with that model of Rogers speaker, but certainly Rogers made some great ones. If you like the way they sound I wouldn't be too quick to replace them...
Looks good! What Rogers speakers are those?
The coating to darken glass in a tube was an additional method of shielding.
It's absolutely nothing like a 6SN7. The 6SJ7 is a sharp-cutoff pentode, whereas the 6SN7 is a dual-triode.If you put a 6SJ7 in an amp designed for a 6SN7, you won't get sound, but you might get a very spectacular pyrotechnics show.Maybe a bit of a review/warning is needed. Here is what you can always safely use in an amp that calls for a 6SN7:6SN7GT, 6SN7GTA, 6SN7GTB, 6SN7W, 6SN7WGT, 6SN7WGTA, 6SN7GTY, CV1988, VT-231, 5692.There are amps made which will allow some cousins...
I'm sure that's a killer match. Never had the privilege of hearing a pair of HPM 150/1500's but I'd sure like to.
Yes, as JGreen suggested, the most common application back in the day was for use with a graphic EQ. And that's how I have one of my 1980's configured.However, it can also be used as another line input. That's what I use it for in my other vintage system. Just be aware that the adapter when used as an input doesn't appear at the tape outputs, so you cannot tape from it.System 1: Pioneer DSS-9System 2: B&W DM-16Both are basically "period correct" - early 1980's high end...
Sounds much better! Seems as we expected, it was indeed the needle.
Sweet. Whenever you get to it, it will be well worth the investment, for sure.
What tracking force do you have the cartridge set for, and how did you measure it? Also, is that cartridge new? It may just be the pics, but I'm actually having a hard time seeing the stylus coming out of the cantilever.
I haven't hear that particular variant but I have some Raytheon 6SN7GTB with black plated with a taller bottle that sound truly excellent and were very inexpensive. I stocked up on those!!!