Posts by Skylab

NICE! I had an SX-1010 for a while - great sounding receiver. I only sold it after I got my SX-1980 restored, but the 1010 is no slouch! Great piece.
That all may well be true but the US had a golden opportunity to win the game right at the end before overtime and blew an easy, easy goal.
This thread definitely needs LESS banter and bicker and MORE pics! As such, I've really been enjoying my Denon DP-59L/Dynavector 20xH combo lately:
If it sounds fine with the -20dB muting engaged, why not just listen to headphones that way??? Several vintage units Iva had required that. Nothing wrong with listening that way.
Did I once say I liked RCAs better than Chathams? I can't imagine that I did. But if I did, I've long since changed my mind. I prefer the Chathams.
Funny you say that...I was going to post that the SX-1980 I have does too! Which it certainly does. And I certainly agree the 1250 does as well.
LOLOL!!!!! Hey, doesn't matter what you're famous for, as long as you're famous
Mark, always a pleasure, my friend.
Beautiful stuff, Cap!!! Love the Fisher - that's a great sounding piece of kit, for sure.
Yes, Paul was there, and was very fun to talk to. It was his DAC that he was demonstrating, it was connected to an RSA A-10 driving Stax I thought it sounded terrific, given the usual caveats about show conditions, unfamiliar systems, etc., but nonetheless the sound from that system was as good as I heard yesterday.