Posts by Skylab

That's actually an AKAI GX-4000 reel to reel tape deck, if I'm not mistaken. Many reel to reel decks have killer headphone sections.
The SA-9100 is a very fine amplifier. That's a. Ice looking stack with the tuner and tape deck but the tape deck isn't a TOTL. You should offer the guy $600 for all...if he takes it you're happy, if not, keep looking.
A pair of BL63 plus a pair of 6AS7G's is just over 10A total current draw...that would require a pretty beefy power trafo....
Just search this thread for Deoxit and you will learn all you need to know
Totally agree...put a decent cartridge on that bad boy and one is in business. I am really glad to see a new, affordable DD back on the market.
Not my turntable or picture, but Onkyo has just introduced a new Direct Drive Turntable at the 2015 CES, $399 MSRP That has the potential to be a very real contender in the entry level turntable department...
Onkyo has just introduced a new Direct Drive Turntable at the 2015 CES, $399 MSRP That has the potential to be a very real contender in the entry level turntable department...
Right, it's important to note that music BluRay discs that carry high res PCM stereo tracks can send those out over optical/coax - not lossy.
Those are all decent turntables. The RP-830 might be the closest thing to a bargain there, but I'm not sure it would significantly outperform a new Project Debut carbon which is only slightly more expensive. I'm not a Thorens expert, but I bet that's the best TT of that lot
Well if you know how to do cartridge setup and alignment, then there are bunches of good used vintage TTs that could work well. Best bet is to buy one that's local to you if you can. There are lots of crap used TTs too though. If you check your local Craigslist and want to ask about models you see there, feel free. Then you can buy any one of several quite decent $100-150 cartridges from Shure, Denon, Nagaoka, Audio Technica, and Grado. Which to choose will depend...