Posts by Skylab

This is really the way to look at it IMO. You won't get your money back later selling a restored SX-750. But if you want to keep it and use it for a long time, it's probably worth having some level of restore done.That said, there have been a couple very nice looking restored SX-950 and 980s on the bay recently for fairly reasonable prices.
If it's your first TT, I would just go with the AT95e. I agree that's a good first cartridge. And yes you need the Art preamp. If you also get the Q-up you're looking at $314. I've not heard the U-Turn but if you want to go the brand new and pre-set up route I'm sure it's as good as the other entry-level "audiophile" belt-drive TTs. Personally I would skip the Q-up - $60 is a lot to ask for that.
Absolutely beautiful NOS quad of Sylvania USA made 6FD7 "fat bottle", black plate tubes. Tested great but never used. Beautiful tubes in their original boxes. $20 plus $7shipping in the USA, $20shipping elsewhere. Tubes are priced far below market for a fast sale, price of both tubes and shipping is non negotiable.
Absolutely beautiful NOS quad of Raytheon USA made "Bantal" (their premier tube line) 6SJ7GT tubes. Tested great but never used. Beautiful tubes in their original boxes. $60 plus $10 shipping in the USA, $25 shipping elsewhere. Tubes are priced far below market for a fast sale, price of both tubes and shipping is non negotiable.
I definitely plan to be there. The Leben CS-300 and the Audio Technica W3000ANV will accompany me.
Nice looking! Are those 7800 or 8800 series? Either way, nice units...
A properly working CT-F1000 is about as good as a cassette deck can be. Wonderful machines. That said, if you don't think you'd ever use it. I would sell it. One thing though - $1K is NOT typical for what they sell for. $3-500 is much more typical for a nice one.
Barring some horrible turn of events I will definitely be at this one. Very psyched.
Looks very promising! That link didn't work though...