Posts by Skylab

What many of us like about vintage amps and receivers is that there is no "headphone circuit"...there is just the amplifier, and the headphone out is the same amplifier that's used to drive speakers (often with a dropping resistor in place). Many modern amps and receivers do not power headphones from the main amplifier, and the headphone out is not very high quality. The headphone out of your fisher 400 should be great!
Very nice, PedalHead! She's a beauty!
Right, but it works remarkably well.
This place, which sells refurbed units at quite steep prices, sold an AU717 for $850. So if the recap was done nicely, $500 is probably very reasonable. http://www.classicaudio.com/forsale/san/AU717.html
I have that issue...I only get hum when the dimmer lights in my kitchen are on. I tried lots of things to eliminate the problem and in the end I just leave those lights off Regarding clamps, the reason the VPI clamps work so well is that they are an integral part of the design. In conjunction with the platter design they create a very slight vacuum that holds the record down to the platter in addition to clamping it. Very effective.
I know some of you Glenn amp heads are 6336 tube mongers. I just found ome in my stash. I thought I had sold them all. Just a single. PM me of interested, will sell below eBay rate.
Wow, congrats PhoenixG!!!! Those look amazing and I'm sure they sound even better
Ha! I did exactly the same after work as well...and sounds like we have at least somewhat similar jobs Went into the basement to my "other" vintage rig and put some Dire Straits on with the Tourney on the TV with the sound off, like you did. Will do the same tonight and will take an updated pic of that rig
Thanks guys It sure continues to give me great pleasure on a daily basis.
Personal opinion - it's a crappy sounding tube, across the board. Stick with the 6336.