or Connect

Posts by Skylab

Hard to say...but it won't be cheap. If I had to guess...in the neighborhood of $2K.
Well, if any of you have been thinking of going straight to the top of the class in restored vintage gear, your dream may have come true: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pioneer-SX1250-Stereophonic-Receiver-STUNNING-/161775488660 This guy has a very good rep on AK. Oven ever bought one of his pieces but have been tempted to before...in fact I'm still mad at myself for not buying his fully restored SX-3900.
Pioneer shamefully reused the PL-570 for a cheap plastic belt drive deck at some point, yes. Mine is the heavy duty then TOTL DD deck
It's a PL-570. Me gusta mucho!!!Thanks!!! It's one of many reasons I love the rig. It also sounds killer Its the one non-Pioneer piece - a Sansui SE-8X in a custom wood case.
Both my vintage rigs have nice Pioneer cassette decks in them - one a CT-F1000 and one a CT-950. I don't play a lot of cassettes as I am more a reel to reel guy, but I do enjoy playing a cassette or two on occasion.Here is the CT-F1000 - bottom left in the stack
NO. It most definitely does NOT.Again, while a VERY few designs from people like Glenn have voltage switches that allow for this, the VAST majority of amps that use a 6SN7 cannot use a 12SN7, or 25SN7. I know that you tube veterans know this, but it worries me that some tube noob is going to halfway read this thread, think it's OK to sub a 12SN7 for a 6SN7 just because they both say SN7, and POOF.For those who do not know/realize, the first digit of the U.S. Tube naming...
As someone who once blew up an amp, a long time ago, in a failed tube rolling experiment, I have to caution... If you are not totally sure what you are doing, do NOT go trying whacked out tube substitutions. VERY rare is the amp where a 12SN7 can be safely subbed for a 6SN7. There are a few, but they are few and far between.
If you like American Beauty, you have to get Workingman's Dead. They're companion albums. And the GDs two finest studio LPs.
Hey guys - as the starter of this thread, I respectfully ask you to quit sniping at each other here. TIA.
I have some coin-base Sylvanias. They're not bad at all. Not my favorite Sylvania tube, but much better than, say, current production Electro-Harmonix