Posts by Skylab

That's what I would do as well!!! If it factors in at all, the SX-1010 can probably be kept running forever, even if it occasionally needs work. The Yamaha has a significant number of uncontainable parts, and so it's a bit less likely to be relied on over the long haul, although of course one never knows.
Yeah but we KNOW they were not made in 2011, or any time past the mid 1980's. I know we debated a while back as to whether TFKN ever made a 6080 but I'm sorry I don't recall the conclusion.
OK that is SUPER cool. I need one!
I'm really glad to see Jahn posting again, not just because he is a great guy, but because I do not want to exceed his post count
Pioneer's dual-stage tone controls are just awesome. I use the 50 Hz / 20 kHz controls on my SX-1980 very regularly.
Very regularly, actually. My vintage rig gets used much more than my high end rig, which I assembled over a decade before I got into vintage. I simply like listening to music more on the vintage rig, although I enjoy my high end system as well.
Apologies, I misread the news. I agree, Neil Young taking over as CEO is NOT encouraging. And I'm into Pono for $400...ugh...
You guys should be ENCOURAGED about this move in terms of the ability of Pono to succeed. Do you really think Neil Young would make a good CEO??? Highly unlikely. This is a very common thing to have happen and makes perfect sense. EDIT: I misread the news...see post below...
Great post, Captouch! Yep, the Fisher KX-100 is a fine, fine piece of kit. No doubt.
Wow it sure does! That era of Fisher is just awesome. Congrats Old Groucho!