or Connect

Posts by Mercuttio

I don't think it causes any confusion for customers at all, frankly; or at least not confusion for what would most likely be the bread-and-butter customer. It certainly causes confusion for those who would try to classify something that by its production defies classification, and it certainly isn't enthusiast friendly in that regard. It's just not a mass produced thing, and I'm sure things would be different if it was mass produced. Grado can't really BE Grado and at the...
 It became impossible to really classify the RS1 after a while; there's just too much overlap between models. Grado is a really small company and they really just do "binned" parts; they're going to use all of one thing before moving on to an "upgraded" component. So they probably ran out of the RS1 badge buttons before drivers and cables, or something like that. We know that the old flimsy cardboard boxes were manufactured by a company based in the old WTC pre 2001, and...
 I sure will, dad!
 Nah. Just jam it back in there. See if that stays. Kayandjohn is most likely right about no glue... see if Grado says "jam it back in" though. You could alternatively get a headband / gimbal setup that's more befitting of such a nice sounding headphone, if you really wanted to go classy.  http://www.martincustomaudio.com/p/sale-aluminum-gimbals-rodblocks.html
 Honestly, they're basically clicked in there and hot-glued. I've seen that issue many times.
What are the odds it's a RS1i driver, left over in parts bins? They probably have a bunch of them lying around for repairs. 
 What size is the driver? Is it the same as the new RS1e (IE GS1000 sized) or the same size as the old RS1 / most Grados?
 Can you take a picture of the GH-1's drivers? I'm curious about how they set in their wood frame. 
 I haven't heard the one that protrudes. Only the one that is inset flush. I didn't hear the issues that people talked about as being present in the protruding version though. I'd love to compare, but I don't own any pairs anymore to do so.  I believe that someone had noticed the difference before me, and mentioned a difference in sound quality.
Well, they definitely did. You can see pictures earlier of my pair vs earlier pairs... the driver is very clearly in a completely different position.  They'll just use the line of "There is nothing wrong with X product you have, however we do periodically make adjustments" thing though. They'd never admit that the first thing was defective.