Posts by nvkid909

some places in the uk, they bow down to local residents 'fears' & cap the volume. they have to have special directional rigs that attempt to keep most of the sound in the arenas. it works sometimes, others it fails & walkning between stacks you hear music out of phase with echos. other times if the Db goes above a limit, a councilor can turn up & pull the plug. a good venue (bowl?) can keep most of these concerns at bay, though freak weather "temporal inversion" (high...
anyone here from the uk go to the old bike expos at olympia & NEC? what happened, where are they now mid-late 90's, 2000s... there was a lot of tricknology on show! brand new sexy low-slung MTBs waiting to be fondled! some had belt drives, hydraulic gears, brand new caliper MTB designs, bouncing up & down on the forks, radical fangled shifters, evil looking downhill machines, radically different to bikes tomac used to win on early 90's! mint sauce!!! man that used to...
Quote: Originally Posted by ricksome Chain vs Belt vs Drive Shaft Steel Frame vs Carbon Fiber vs Chromium Aluminum vs Other Compositions Anyone care to comment and educate me and others reading this thread about different bicycle technologies? i ride alu but i'd say steel (triple butted) hardtail or even rigid is best. a good character & ride quality, some shock absorbtion built in. some ti frames are deliberately built with flexi-stays or even...
discs = less maintenence. change the pads less, sort the brake transmission less, & they don't interfere with your rims - great if your out in the middle of knowhere, & need to fix a wheel. i love how i don't have to touch the brake lines - something so satisfying about pumping the levers while adding new juice, feeling them come back to life. it's alive - alive!!! (though bleeding the brakes is rarely needed). i loved v-brakes for about 10 years then suddenly went...
i clicked on that as a cynic. but instead i am very impressed! nice one
Quote: Originally Posted by rock&rollfrenchfries the future sound of london. start with the "dead cities" album nope dead cities would be [loosely] called techno. herd killing, we have explosive & dead cities are techno with heavy run-DMC samples. antique toy is techno albeit slower, quagmire has a great shizophrenic jazziness to it, the rest is great acoustic, ambient & classical! to the OP: have a look at LSG (oliver lieb), he's done some...
yeah unfortunately with ipods we've heard too many of these "you can fix this' stories that don't work. it's a bit like being sold 'geniune' goods at a market stall
check out Laurent Garnier. he is absoluteley amazing because of his huge vocabulary in dance music. mostly what you would call 'a party' but he will do this with house, techno, breaks, acid house, even some hip-hop elements in there. he has this almost cult like following evrytime he's in London. one thing i will say is his sound can often be described as 'international'. i mean, if your crowd are bored of usual hip-hop then you can do this, or you could find any...
i thought sony owned the rights to that technology (li-ion batteries), or has that now expired, as there are one or two aftermarket mbp batteries? could it be that some of the exploding batteries were because of overheating laptops? there's an issue in some, where silicone grease is too liberally applied, partly blocking some vents on the heat sink. check your temps in 'normal use'. mine seems to be ok
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidMahler i can't think of an album where i LOVE every song..... certain songs always stick out for me.....one that comes close is Pet Sounds, I happen to not love sloop john b or pet sounds the song *ahem*! well, i pretty much only digitise albums that are consistent in tracks that 'push my buttons', but i do also have boxes of discs or tapes of stuff that sound painfully dated or irrelevant to me now (& some errors...