Posts by nvkid909

you could split this into two types of listener aswell. the acoustic & the electronic.
Quote: Originally Posted by holyharry "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder", weirdness too. If strapping two banana milk-shakes to the side of your head makes the world a better place for you, then you go right ahead and do it - ditto headphones. If other people think big headphones outdoors are weird then too bad for them. They suffer from a kind of suburbia of the brain. You, on the other hand, most likely have a surfer-dude-in-a-hut-on-the-beach...
i concur. itunes never played ball with my PC. strangely though, no such probs with mac. oh look, an apple product designed for another apple product. another +1 for foobar though (as a great generic player / encoder with all the features people need & none of the bloat that others have imposed on them).
Quote: Originally Posted by dj_mocok Because it is weird. nope. it's usually the person who is considering it weird, who is weird. same kinda people who'd look funny at someone with coloured or alternative hairstyle, different fashion to themselves, etc etc... they basically lead sheltered lives imo... and who made them judge of what is weird anyway? Quote: Originally Posted by yourstruly Big headphones are for use at home....
it depends on where you are. ok you might find yourself in a circle of people who are pretty clued up on modern audio & digital formats, but the truth is even today, most people aren't that well versed with computer file formats of any kind! shops are closing not just because of downloads, but because many peoples buying habits are reduced imo. like with all new / modern technology, it's younger folk who adapt to it first. it's a shame that mp3 has become such a buzz...
yes & no. some of the namings are a bit of fun. but if you know a scene then you have the common sense of what to call it. for example i would have a seperate genre for house & then one for progressive house / trance. because house is a bit of a purist thing, whereas progressive house is more trancey (but trance is a genre on it's own aswell). we don't really have breakbeat here but we have nu-skool breaks (progressive breaks - see above) or drum & bass. there are...
anything by sun electric. they went from trippy minimal techno / trance through ambient techno, ambient & jazz. fave. albums of theirs "kitchen", "30.7.94" & "present". see also mellowtrons "evacuate" or trancendental love machine "i've got the battery, where's the slot".
Quote: Originally Posted by DefectiveAudioComponent I'm frequently amazed at how few normal sane people that actually seem to exist. Or maybe that says something about my friends... you should be very careful with this word "normal". in the same way that "targets" can be pushed a little bit further / harder when everyone hits them, "normal" can be moved in the opposite direction. if we are all "normal", there will always be someone to complain &...
with regards to disc brakes, most of the mud is at the tyre / rim. the thing with discs is you can pop the pads out quickly & poke a bottle brush in the caliper. i find them easier to clean than say, v-brakes. i found that discs helped cure my phobia of wheel truing: i found myself being to anxious / critical when truing wheels inside brake-blocks. recently i had a buckled disc wheel with some loosened spokes on one side. well i just went for it & did it by sight /...
it's hilarious to see the bitter / sweet relationship between her & her audience. up close & personal... punching the odd one in the face when they're a little bit too close lol . doesn't seem to interupt her tho' they say madness breeds genius, & that artists suffer for their art, etc etc etc....