Posts by SoundFreaq

I should have been more clear that the last part of my post was not directed at you. It was just a general observation. We have all missed a good part of this thread.    I guess I just don't consider the "issues" with the Bluetooth to be issues really at all. I think that it's cool that it has it, and I don't consider these issues to prevail outside of the normal and limited behavior of Bluetooth audio. But that's just my thought, and the Bluetooth implementation is not...
It's just Bluetooth. That's how it is. It's inherently and fundamentally flawed as an audiophile platform. It just isn't capable of handling the bandwidth, unfortunately. Pitiful sound quality in comparison to the other inputs for critical listening. It's amazing that the Hugo has something like that to begin with, and should be viewed as a cool bonus feature for convenience, and that's about it. And even for a BT device, Hugo has pretty limited range. It wouldn't think it...
 Ha! To each his own. It was one of those things for me, where it must be obtained, it just must.   100% agreed. I did not mean to imply I thought TH900 was not visceral. Just not on the level of the Abyss. But then again, there's nothing out there that really is on that level. 
Alrighty guys, for the sake of all that is Abyss.    I adore the TH900. Best "closed" can, and a top longstanding favorite. The bass is excellent in both, and different. You're both right.    As visceral, joyous, and great fun as the Abyss bass is, it really doesn't go that low. My LAB I IEM does a cleaner job at 25Hz. TH900 bass is not as visceral because it is just so clean. Almost too clean. Like most BA bass could use a nice dose of distortion to fire 'em up! For...
But don't y'all think though, that any measurements involving the Abyss must be taken with a grain of salt? It's the only can I've experienced where the sound, especially the bass, can vary drastically with millimeter changes in head or earpad placement. Without the most perfected fit, I can get loads of distortion down low at fairly low volume.    I would think the Abyss extremely difficult to measure with any authority in accuracy. That's not to say any of the...
No. Can you be a little more specific? Or post some photos?I hit submit on this about eight times when you first posted. It never went.
 This explains a little about what the Audiophileo does to your USB audio.  The very short of it, is that cables are basically large antenna, which suck up all the signals of the stuff around it. Anything electrical is making electrical noise. It's in your main power lines, from your cell phone, the dimmable desk lamp, etc... EMI/RFI has a pretty considerable impact on USB audio digital streams. It can impact the timing of the stream, causing timing errors - or jitter -...
   Exactly ^^ We can't know how big the difference is that you're hearing. I'm willing to bet that the USB from the Mac is loaded with a noisy signal. From what you describe, that is also what I would expect interference to sound like. The iPad will be much quieter. The mac has so much going on, and just injects that right into the signal. Are you using the same USB cable for each application? You can help by adding a good cable with good isolation from RF interference....
   Cavalli does design balanced, but this one was intended to be a fantastic sounding, easy, Single-ended embedded-hybrid design for versatility.  As such, you have the 4-pin XLR out so you can still connect your balanced cables without having to swap them out. And two 1/4" TRS - and keep in mind you can run more than one pair of headphones at the same time via any combination of outputs. It has plenty of power to connect up anything you have. Plus, keep in mind the...
 Nice!    The cool thing about this embedded-hybrid, is that you kind of get the best of both worlds. Liquid Crimson is based on a SS topology. Rather than having a typical hybrid design with different tube and transistor gain stages, coupled with a capacitor - It stays completely DC coupled, so zero caps in the signal path. The low-end transients are nice. Add in the fully discrete audio circuitry, and the two rails, and you essentialy have a top-performing SS amp with a...