or Connect

Posts by SoundFreaq

Hard to beat the Signatures. Maybe with a TH900, but it's not so portable - neither is the LCD-XC.   Oh it does. I really wanted to like that headphone, I owned it twice. But the high end was just a little too much. Reminds me of a slightly laid back Pro 900 - ouch. I prefer the SP and SDJ. 
 Agreed, and that's probably the best explanation around. Makes sense.   So if you extrapolate that same idea of S-logic with direction and timing of sound, think about it, The HD 800 is an open can. Conceivably you would even have sound reflection leaving the headphone, being reflected, and coming back in. That must sound more tru to life.  With all the open phones I have played with, moving your palms closer to the grill while listening always changes the sound,...
 Oh I have never done a direct comparison of the two directly. Just drawing on my years spent with them. And I have listened to both from any setup or condition imaginable. Straight out of mixing consoles, out of DACs unamped, portables, top-end tube and SS amps. What are you interested in hearing about?
 I did not mean to imply anything at all about the soundstages. You are probably right. For me, clarity, air, and extension can play into a soundstage, but in this regard, I meant simply that the Pro has a bit more extension on the very high end, and gives those frequencies more room to breath. Also keep in mind that this doesn't mean the presence of the high end - or how forward or loud it is. To me, you can have something that extends higher and plays the top stuff with...
 The same as the SDJ to the V900. General differences are the same. The differences in the SDJ and SP are subtle. The Pro has a 40mm Titanium coated driver, and the SDJ a 50mm uncoated. The Pro sounds more Ultrasonish to me, since they usually coat with Titanium.  I think the Titanium adds a bit more extension, not presence, in the highest regions, a bit more air and clarity. I think overall the SP is a wee bit flatter on the FR. I think the 50mm driver renders the bass...
I feel like I should say something being one of a few that have V900 experience. I haven't read the post history, not sure what the specifics are here - but I own two pair of V900 - the original model, and the updated version 2 which happened a few years later. I also own both the SP and SDJ. I have also owned the 7506, v600 on the Sony end, and I have owned mostly every Ultrasone priced under 2k at some point. The SP and SDJ are superior in every way to the V900. The...
SOLD: A version 2 of the 1plus2, bought as my backup pair, which I do not need anymore. I am the second owner, bought them pretty much new off a respectable Head-Fier. I have had them almost two years.    To me, they look brand new, and they function 100% flawlessly. I always take great care with gear. Fantastic sounding IEMs that I consider truly revolutionary - but you probably know all about it!   These will come with the Silver/Gold cable, which is new, probably...
SOLD:   I have a previously owned - and renewed by Ray with a new battery/Power supply - RSA P-51 Mustang portable amplifier in very good condition and functioning flawlessly with a battery that runs for infinity.    Comes with what you see: The amp with an updated battery, and a new charger. So it's a nicely broken in amp with a new power supply. The best-case scenario for a portable amp.    New @ $375 Asking $ OBO   Included in the sale price -- I'll pick up...
I never expected Drew or Moon to do any sort of repair, but just thought he might be a good resource to recommend someone to talk to since he is a distributor. So I was running Drew's referral by you all in case anyone'd had experience with that group.    Sounds like I should contact Bluebird.    Thanks
 Yes. Listening to the HE1000 at the moment on a Liquid Gold, comparing with the Abyss... HE1000 is quite a bit more efficient than the Abyss. In fact, I got some pretty unexpectedly nice results with the new Cavalli portable proto and the HE1000. But of course, the portable packs a wallop.... But still, LF will be more than plenty - there is considerably more power with the LF than the Carbon or portable, and the Carbon does the HE1000 fine justice indeed.