Posts by SoundFreaq

Less than 36 hours left to be able to reserve a Liquid Crimson at the special rate. This will be the only opportunity to get such a deal on this amp. 10PM CDT, Thursday the 30th, is the cut-off. Over a $350 USD savings. It makes an already great value in this amp, a total steal. I can't wait to get my ears on it again!   You can go to the Cavalli Facebook page for more info, or head over to CavalliAudio to secure a spot for the special.     
The Liquid Crimson is now for sale at CavalliAudio.com!    Priced at $2,850.  Already bringing a top-tier amplifier at an unmatched price, Dr. Cavalli is additionally offering a one-time, early-bird special for 3 days only. If you order within the next 3 days, your final payment will be $2,495.  The production run is likely to begin shipping early March. A $1,400 dollar deposit is due at time of order, and final payment due when your Liquid Crimson ships. Those that...
Gents!   The time is nigh. Cavalli Audio is offering the Liquid Crimson starting tonight, Monday the 27th, beginning at 10PM CST.  A special offer for the first to sign up will be announced tonight at 10pm, along with all the rest of the little details. The announcement will go up on Cavalli Audio's Facebook page first, and then here in this thread as soon as possible. So for the fastest info, Facebook is where to look!   Cavalli Audio Facebook    
 Ooh boy, that's a loaded question around here! The most important thing for Hugo + a laptop setup is to get something with good RF isolation. What's your budget? The Vertere D-Fi  is what I've been using. I've tried a few, and this is my favorite so far (as far as USB A to Micro cables go). It's nice and thin but durable, has good shielding, and is just convenient to use. Solid cable that won't break the bank, and has a ton of different length options as well. Of course...
 Here ya go, have fun guys.  
I should have been more clear that the last part of my post was not directed at you. It was just a general observation. We have all missed a good part of this thread.    I guess I just don't consider the "issues" with the Bluetooth to be issues really at all. I think that it's cool that it has it, and I don't consider these issues to prevail outside of the normal and limited behavior of Bluetooth audio. But that's just my thought, and the Bluetooth implementation is not...
It's just Bluetooth. That's how it is. It's inherently and fundamentally flawed as an audiophile platform. It just isn't capable of handling the bandwidth, unfortunately. Pitiful sound quality in comparison to the other inputs for critical listening. It's amazing that the Hugo has something like that to begin with, and should be viewed as a cool bonus feature for convenience, and that's about it. And even for a BT device, Hugo has pretty limited range. It wouldn't think it...
 Ha! To each his own. It was one of those things for me, where it must be obtained, it just must.   100% agreed. I did not mean to imply I thought TH900 was not visceral. Just not on the level of the Abyss. But then again, there's nothing out there that really is on that level. 
Alrighty guys, for the sake of all that is Abyss.    I adore the TH900. Best "closed" can, and a top longstanding favorite. The bass is excellent in both, and different. You're both right.    As visceral, joyous, and great fun as the Abyss bass is, it really doesn't go that low. My LAB I IEM does a cleaner job at 25Hz. TH900 bass is not as visceral because it is just so clean. Almost too clean. Like most BA bass could use a nice dose of distortion to fire 'em up! For...
But don't y'all think though, that any measurements involving the Abyss must be taken with a grain of salt? It's the only can I've experienced where the sound, especially the bass, can vary drastically with millimeter changes in head or earpad placement. Without the most perfected fit, I can get loads of distortion down low at fairly low volume.    I would think the Abyss extremely difficult to measure with any authority in accuracy. That's not to say any of the...