Posts by SoundFreaq

I don't know if there are subtle gain differences at the same volume setting between optical and USB affecting my assessment.  I don't know if I just have an insane amount of interference with my LAN network having impact on my USB. I don't know if the technology in optical has made a sneaky and significant advancement.  But I prefer my MbP TOS out with SN7 to Hugo, over my: Synergistic Research/Nordost Heimdall2/Cardas Clear USB to AP2 + PP to Hugo. It sounds more...
 Exactly... I feel like people are listening less and instead are being impressed by dazzle, and complicated or unneeded function.    Stole the words out of my mouth. Take the optical cover out and should be good to go!
 Awesome man! I continue to really enjoy mine. It really is a revelation for me.  It is. But think about how so many different light conducting materials have an impact on how the light transfers through. Think of a window to the outside. Think of a freshly-cleaned high-purity glass window. It's so transparent that you can hardly tell there is a window there at all. It lets all the light through with almost no distortion. But that same window can get dirty. Or, it could be...
  This would be a flop in the purist "audiophile" circles. Such a device would introduce a whole host of extra electronics and even added functionality for the signal to get through. More electronics = bad. Such a device would inherently only work to degrade the sound quality. Hugo doesn't support balanced operation, so adding balanced outs on a dock is just a glorified way of sticking an adapter on the output. I'm beginning to notice a trend of the new "audiophiles"...
 Excellent! Can't wait to see what you hear
 It's definitely not an environment conducive to any movement. Home/desk, all fine.    Ah, Have not! Checking it out right now. Thanks for the heads up. 
 2014 MacBook Pro, stock card. The materials used in optical cables seem to vary pretty considerably with some using acrylics, and even plastic. So the transfer integrity of the signal seems to be at the mercy of said material. The Wireworld Super Nova 7 is made with something like 300+ hi-purity glass strands, and then micro-polished and blah blah. But my ears tell me whatever little elves they have in there micro-polishing away, might just work.  Edit: running Audirvana+...
 I was using various combinations of USB, and USB to coax via an Audiophileo2 + PurePower battery pack. And yes, I do believe the Super Nova 7 is the best optical/Toslink I've heard yet.   I meant to include some of this. I’m well aware of the popular idea that a more snug fit on optical is better. It makes sense. Maybe that’s the only reason it is popular; it just makes sense. So when none of the top optical cables would fit my first gen Hugo, I decided to do an...
I did some research and pulled the trigger on a WiredWorld Super Nova 7, 0.5m Toslink cable. Anyone else have one? I was not prepared for this.   I’ve always wondered if my multi-stage routed home wireless LAN, with NAS, wireless LED lighting, Airplay, etc… - just so much interference flying through the air - had an effect despite my preventive measures.    Just running Red Book, everything is (so much more) tight and controlled, rich, open, dymnamic, transparent,...
Alright guys, just a little over an hour left to stake your claim on the Liquid Crimson introductory special.   You can be part of the few to own an original Liquid Crimson. Dr. Cavalli brings you truly world-class sound in an unmatched build, at a price-point never before achieved in our production runs. All this as a result of improving upon the legendary Liquid Fire with a completed prototype, but then shelving it to design something new, even better. The Liquid...