Posts by SoundFreaq

Just real fast for brain food! (i will whisper so Expat doesn't hear us! - HDMI Audio is not the same as Digital audio. It's a different technology altogether using a linear pulse code modulation for transmission, which is e specific type of modulation where quantization levels are linear and uniform. Digital audio encodings from music are of the opposite end, where quantization levels are based on quantization levels which vary as a function of Amplitude - - the music...
 I have both the HD2 and Cardas clear USB cables and RCA ICs of each. So I feel like I have a good feel for the house sound of each line.They are both great, for me, I prefer the Cardas. With my system they are a bit more laid back and musical to me. If you want more transparency/rawness, or have a warm setup, maybe go HD2. Otherwise it seems most people that I have talked to at least, prefer the Cardas in their kits. Much more clean (clear : ) than Cardas' other...
 To respect Expat, I'll keep this brief, but I think it's a bit relevant to this thread and may help some followers to briefly mention how a conductor can have an impact on audio quality.Hapster, I used to agree with you. Thing is, Digital audio isn't sent in bit packets like normal digital info - where the client has a chance to correct everything. Digital audio is streaming live - in real time - via square waves. So the conductor metal inside is pretty important as it...
   ^^ That. And I have seen a few manufacturers make the balanced to unbalanced adaptor, and I think it's wildly irresponsible to make that sale without a disclaimer. There may be some use cases where that adaptor could work, but the overwhelming majority of buyers don't know. And I see this recommendation far too often. Sorry if i was a bit stern. I'm just frustrated with the glaring lack of info on this subject around here, and from manufacturers.They aren't really made...
 Ok, you cannot just shove a balanced signal down an unbalanced earphone with an adaptor and magically make it balanced. What it does do is defeat the whole purpose and damages equipment. I'm not that familiar with the AK240, but if it's a true quad-mono, 4-output signal, you are not only definitely not going to get balanced operation, but you might damage or short out the AK240's output stage as you are combining the 2 negative wires. If he wants balanced, the 3.5mm has...
 Welcome!I don't think anyone around here has dared to modify their Final Audio earphones to that extent. With the subjective and varied results that some people experience with balanced operation, most here wouldn't think it was a worthwhile endeavor, especially considering the risk.If I had to guess, the cable would be 4 wire, since it would have to be 4 wires at some point: a positive and ground for each channel, beginning at the Y-split. So it would be 4 combined out...
  Agree as well. It completely depends on what you want, like I was saying. If you're looking for "natural" with pop, you're either in the very right, or the very wrong place. All of these are pretty different. And it's subjective. And it's expensive subjectivity. Should be L/R channels. Heaven C is thinner sounding. Less FAD in nature. Mids on the V are fantastic, vibrant and robust, but not overly rich and colored by most people's book. That would be something like the...
 Agreed, and @AndrewOld all your problems are now solved!
 The "low-res" USB input was meant for compatibility issues with phones and equipment not able to work in hi-res. If your "low-res" music and setup work fine into the hi-res USB input, you should definitely just use that. I never use the standard USB input for anything.
 Right?! No kidding. Miss that dude. He was a classic FADnatic.