Posts by SoundFreaq

The time has come. I just can't listen to more than one 1+2 at a time. That's like 2+4. Doesn't sound right.    This is one solid pair of IEMs. They are in great shape. The upgraded cable has very low mileage on it, and never left the house, and the earphones are also flawless in sound/mechanical condition.    I don't have the original case to send, I've since repurposed that case. I always used a Pelican case as I thought they were a little more protective. I will...
Totally satisfied with Hugo + Abyss. When I want to really wax enamored, I'll fire up the Liquid Gold. I find Hugo handles anything satisfactorily.
I think Idsynch has lost it. About damn time a FAD shook his world. Thrilled I won't be getting my hands on his woodcan's LAB I. 
I got the Moon Silver Micro USB cable when I got the Hugo. I wasn't overly impressed with the Synergy there. However, the Silver Dragon series in general is excellent. Their IEM cable is my favorite.   My favorite headphone cables are made by Peter Bradstock at Double Helix. He is coming out with some very cool stuff recently, with industry-pioneering experimentation in shielding. Dead silent cables. 
I'm finding that I actually like some high quality copper in and out of the Hugo. Some UP-OCC, maybe litz configuration. Sounds engaging musically in a way all-silver doesn't. Also like some Copper/Silver hybrids.    Actually my favorite IC's if running Hugo out to an amp is the Cardas Clear. Also have the Cardas Clear USB, makes for a cool synergy. Probably not the last percentage of accuracy, but musical. 
Agreed : )
 I don't understand the derivations of what I am saying are coming from. It's like I'm in the twilight zone.  Please, for my sanity, show me where I said what you have quoted me as saying: So when you say the output from your laptop isn't 'pure FLAC 16bit 192kHz sound' ... I am not contesting this, nor anything really. I fully agree with you. I agree that a FLAC file is not music! It's a file for storage. It's not music. It's bits. Not music. Bits. Digital bits. That need...
 Let me try my hand at this. A device that supports the reading and delivery of a file format (FLAC via Audirvana on computer), does so, and sends the DIGITAL stream to the DIGITAL to analog convertor.  There seems to be confusion on what "decoding" is. And when it happens. The fact that Audirvana can support, read, and deliver a FLAC file is not "decoding" it into music.  Edit: Further, a "DAP" is just a file reader, with a DAC stage, feeding into a gain stage. It all has...
   You keep pulling out sentences and making meaning that isn't there, nor intended, nor being discussed, nor is even a point of contention. A lossless FLAC/WAV - whatever - a lossless horde of Syberian mall rats, if they can be run into Hugo, and are sampled with a higher frequency (24 bit vs 16 bit sampling resolution, not frequency), the PCM form will have more in it for Hugo to work with, despite the origin file format, which is indeed (mostly) irrelevant - no one said...
 I'm taking about variables that impact the drain on the batteries.  I agree with you here too. Hence my proclamation that it really all depends. But we have to assume too much, hence it all depending. If he is running low-bit music and upsampling the hell out of it, you're absolutely right. With no upsampling, and a 256 MP3 vs a FLAC - a hi-bit / hi sampling FLAC anyway, has much more content to manage. That's why high bit rate material "sounds better" to begin with....