Posts by SoundFreaq

Aw no, it's not like that. I can't stand being sequestered to a listening spot because of thick cables. That's not fun. Your environments sound fine to me. Hugo can move around and be adjusted with SN7, for sure. But I wouldn't expect it to stay connected thriugh a 7.5 or higher earthquake
Congrats, man! Of course we can converse about the accuracy, and whether or not it is worth the expense, but at the end of the day, the Abyss is far and away the most enjoyable piece of audio gear I've ever heard. So, that's a priceless value to me. I think you'll enjoy! It's also the only headphone I've heard that, when I finally heard it, despite all the hype, was still completely blown away : )
   Yes. So it works fine for motionless play, it just does not push in all the way to the last click, so on-the-go would be tough. It sounds fantastic, with no discernible deterioration in the signal due to it not seating 100%. I also have the original chassis with the impossibly small port holes.  Especially if you're in an urban, or environment loaded with RF signals, optical is something you should definitely consider. And the SN7 is fairly priced for what you get, in...
 Dave, 1. Does it happen when the power supply is both unplugged and plugged in?2. At what level is the battery charge, happens at full?3. Does it occur when cycling through all of the various input options? Not just USB?4. Is crossfeed turned on, and at what level?5. Does the buzzing change dynamically with the volume level, or stay the same no matter the level? Still at zero volume?6. Can you verify that the buzzing occurs with nothing connected to Hugo whatsoever except...
I don't know if there are subtle gain differences at the same volume setting between optical and USB affecting my assessment.  I don't know if I just have an insane amount of interference with my LAN network having impact on my USB. I don't know if the technology in optical has made a sneaky and significant advancement.  But I prefer my MbP TOS out with SN7 to Hugo, over my: Synergistic Research/Nordost Heimdall2/Cardas Clear USB to AP2 + PP to Hugo. It sounds more...
 Exactly... I feel like people are listening less and instead are being impressed by dazzle, and complicated or unneeded function.    Stole the words out of my mouth. Take the optical cover out and should be good to go!
 Awesome man! I continue to really enjoy mine. It really is a revelation for me.  It is. But think about how so many different light conducting materials have an impact on how the light transfers through. Think of a window to the outside. Think of a freshly-cleaned high-purity glass window. It's so transparent that you can hardly tell there is a window there at all. It lets all the light through with almost no distortion. But that same window can get dirty. Or, it could be...
  This would be a flop in the purist "audiophile" circles. Such a device would introduce a whole host of extra electronics and even added functionality for the signal to get through. More electronics = bad. Such a device would inherently only work to degrade the sound quality. Hugo doesn't support balanced operation, so adding balanced outs on a dock is just a glorified way of sticking an adapter on the output. I'm beginning to notice a trend of the new "audiophiles"...
 Excellent! Can't wait to see what you hear