Posts by SoundFreaq

true...    But, I do the same thing. I have to separate the novelty from the great. The men from the boys. Taking a break provides a whole different perspective. And if they pass the test, I end up loving them more. If not, they get sold. Actually having a tiny bit of a hard time reconnecting with the Truth. I want to hear the Answer again. 
 Definitely.   I don't think a.nal has much to do with it, but rather physics and electrical laws. Of course people will have their preferences, and of course there will be people that like a certain sound. You said impedance mismatch has nothing to do with it. And specifically because it was a dynamic driver. So the extrapolation was obvious. And it's just not true. Like shane said, the effects of not having proper damping is loss of control in the driver, most apparent...
 Somewhere along the way you've picked up some misinformation. I'll grant you that the complexity of several BA drivers and crossovers adds even more variables to the impedance equation, but why do you think dynamic drivers are exempt? In fact one way to resolve an impedance mismatch is by adding wire to the driver's voice coil, in theory.  Impedance mismatch has everything to do with it. 
 Yes!  Yeah the Note 3 will give you an impedance mismatch, it's OI it over 2 ohm. 901 is good to go. 
 What are you using to amp? What is the output impedance? With the DITAs low impedance of 16 ohms, you'll need an amp with nice and low output impedance - below 2 ohms at minimum. iPhone 5 is around 4-5 ohms OI, which is too high. Bass audibly suffers the most when a damping factor isn't well-suited to the earphone's driver. Mids and highs will range from sounding like garbage, to fairly ok - depends on the impedance curve of the earphone. 
I continue to be unabashedly obsessed with the LAB I. It still continues to satisfy, and give joy. No sense of "getting used to it." And yes I like them more than HVI. The value is subjective. The HVI is a damn fine earphone.
The short:   NEW RSA SR-71B, balanced/SE amp, black, includes paperwork, box, charger - used for one hour. Lifetime warranty. This is $75 off, for new amp, or let me know your offer.        The long:   I picked up a brand new amp to do a tiny test. I was hearing a characteristic in the sound of a portable set-up with a certain pair of IEMs that was hard to describe, and no one else really had any insight. I had to see if it was indeed the sound of the amp, or if...
Just gotta say the Abyss + a Liquid Gold, with a Hugo driving the kit via Onkyo HF player on an iPod straight in to Hugo, is shockingly good. 
 You are coming at this from the wrong level man. This level of gear is all experimental, and not just simply outstanding products, but a whole level past that. Tralucent is a start-up company that produced a world-class, industry-innovating earphone on the first release. Even trumping the international heavy-weights like AKG K3003i, and redefining what IEM soundstages can do. AKG is perhaps a company that should be under scrutiny for a problematic product release. And...
 You guys digging them, huh? ; ) They are awesome.     Naw man, I shove it as deep as it'll go, and never a concern about getting any ear juice up in there. And I'm always looking for it too.