Posts by RobinK

I cannot find anywhere to buy these IEMs. Can someone point me to some places that carry it?
$1200 for the amp? This amp better be something else. At that price, I am thinking I am better off getting the phones and NFB-10.33 or NFB-28 and maybe upgrade my in-ears with the savings.
Sorry, I was not in the mood to document the process after the stock cable pissed me off so much. I just wanted the thing to work.If you can solder, you can change the cable. It might be a pain to solder to the tiny contacts once it is opened, but it is rather straight forward. The only hard part is getting them opened. I am still not sure of a proper method of opening it. Unless someone else knows, you will just have to dive in hard with a flat head or something.
You have to pop open the two separate encapsulated metal pieces. I jammed a precision flat head between the joining of the two to open it. I am sure there is a proper way to do it. But I have no idea what it would be. You can clearly see I did some damage to it in my attempts.
I finally replaced the cable on my eQ5 after getting tired of constantly having to repair the stock cable. I used 26awg for this cable, so it is not the most flexible. I still need to change the single ended plug later since this one is a cheap one with poor contact and a body that actually needed to be cut in order to make enough clearance for the tip to fit into any jack. Can someone point to to a website or store that sells cable and plugs targeted towards custom...
Thinking about selling my Reference 1 to fund an upgrade. I asked Kingwa to build it with a Optical input. So it has COAX, BNC and Optical inputs on it and a switch on the back to switch between Optical and COAX/BNC. I do not have the original box. I would prefer a local sale in Toronto. But if here is a good enough offer, I have no problem packaging it for transport. I may also be selling my C3MK3 pre-amp along with it. If you are interested in that too let me know. I...
I am actually planning to go to a store to demo the Shure 535 as an upgrade to the Ortofon even though mine are fixed now. I will post my side by side comparison impressions in a week or so when I get my chance. But I will say straight up, I do not think the Shure 425 is an upgrade to the Ortofon e-q5 (My e-Q5 was an upgrade to my previous 315). I have limited experience with the 535 and it is the only Shure I would recommend looking into the it as an upgrade to e-Q5.Here...
I was on my second pair of Ortofons due to cable defect in the first one. The right driver was giving out if the cable was not in the right position (I found push the cable in helped, but only for a few months). The left driver wire started dying near the Y split if it was not in the right position. This is after a cable defect in my old X10. However, I sold my working e-Q5 for some cash. This left me with my first defective pair. Here is my experience repairing the left...
This is a great stereo equipment rack from VTI. It is very simple stand, with great aesthetics and affordable price. This set is not the standard Amp base + 9" raiser + 7" raiser +7" raiser set. This is a custom set of amp base and three 9" raisers (so it cost more than the standard set). I bought this to allow the use of my dual mono blocks and 4RU pre-amp on the rack. This is also the three legged version of the stand which I choose to prevent and balance issues with...
Local sale in Toronto area. I opened them and listened to these for about an hour. I never used them again. So I like like to get some cash for it to pay for some of my other hobbies. Available for pick up in Scarborough.