or Connect

Posts by RobinK

So my E-Q5 cable has failed for the last time. I am tired of fixing it and want a new IEM. I really love the e-q5, especially how easy it is to drive off any device. But I need something with a more relieable cable. Looking at the pictures, the e-Q8 cable doesn't look any better. Has anyone had any problems with their cable on the e-q8?
I picked the leather only because I didn't want to wait for the store to order in the vegan pad version. That was a mistake. I am not all that pleased with the leather. It is uneven on the sides giving a lower quality appearance. An I feel like the comfort would be higher with a less crushable materiel. Also it seems most people who have tried the vegan pads, prefer them over the leather. Does anyone know if I order the pads or have my leather exchanged for vegan pads...
Been listening to my LCD-XC for about a month now in a quiet environment. You do not want to use these in an office environment. They will be heard. In noisier environments, they are effectively inaudible at conferrable listening levels. When I was testing them in the store, I could not hear them when an employee tried them on. I would rate them as acceptable in the leakage department. But certainly not "office acceptable".
I have the REF1 right next to my NFB-28. Using the REF1 via XLR into the NFB-28, it sounds far superior to the built in DAC. I was surprised, really. I mean, I understand it is not a fair comparison by any means. The REF1 is in a completely different class of DAC. But the benefit is so significant, especially with my LCD-XC, I am going to have a hard time listening to the NFB-28 DAC again. Unfortunately, the REF1 belongs to my loudspeaker system so it will have to move.I...
Has anyone had the opportunity to compare the NFB-28 with and without TCXO upgrade side by side? I have the NFB-28 without TCXO (Not my intention. I would have ordered it but I was not aware of such an option when I purchased it). After spending a month listen to my LCD-XC with it and I am come to the conclusion that the DAC in the NFB-28 is lackluster. It doesn't to headphones as great as the LCD-XC justice and there is a lot more potential untouched in them. I am...
So I spent about 3 hours auditioning the 3 headphones. I am pleased to say I pretty much fell in love with the LCD-XC. I like their sound better than the HD800 and the seal was excellent. I tested with an employee at max level he could barely hear anything and same for me. I am going to order a headphone amp form audio-gd first, then go pick up the LCD-XC. My question now is is about the vegan earpads. Has anyone listened to the LCD-XC with the vegan earpads? How do they...
Can someone give me a break down of how they feel the LCD-XC compares to the LCD-3 and the HD800? I am looking at buying headphones mostly for my desktop. It will be paired with a high end dac/amp unit from audio-gd (Haven't decided which model yet). I am considering the HD800, LCD3 and LCD-XC. I am mostly interested in the LCD-XC because it is closed. Sealing sound is why I am considering the LCD-XC. If the seal is not great, I will opt for the LCD-3/HD800. Outside of...
I cannot find anywhere to buy these IEMs. Can someone point me to some places that carry it?
$1200 for the amp? This amp better be something else. At that price, I am thinking I am better off getting the phones and NFB-10.33 or NFB-28 and maybe upgrade my in-ears with the savings.
Sorry, I was not in the mood to document the process after the stock cable pissed me off so much. I just wanted the thing to work.If you can solder, you can change the cable. It might be a pain to solder to the tiny contacts once it is opened, but it is rather straight forward. The only hard part is getting them opened. I am still not sure of a proper method of opening it. Unless someone else knows, you will just have to dive in hard with a flat head or something.