Posts by mbd2884

You're one of the few reasons why Head-Fi is still worth venturing into occasionally.  Someone who has the experience of high end equipments and tell us not as experienced folks how it is without the BS.     I commend you.  You should be a mod :D  
http://schiit.com/schiit-faq/warranty-returns/   Schiit Audio has a 15 day satisfaction guarantee.  You can listen to your Schiit Audio products for 15 days, evaluate before making a decision to keep or return.   -  You do pay for the shipping fees and they subtract 5% from your refund, but you get it back.  That's much better than what other companies offer.   Give it a go.  Trust your own ears, then you can find out if it's $700 worthy upgrade over your well...
Try this.  I'm guessing your desktop uses an Intel chipset, pretty much 95% of motherboards that have a socket for Intel CPU do today.     Download the official desktop chipset drivers from Intel.     Then right click on the installer.     Set the compatibility mode to Vista SP2.     Then press Windows key + R.     Drag the installer to the run as dialogue.     After just add -overall.   Run the installer. This will override any Windows or...
How many audio companies have been introducing the same DAC over and over again in the last few years now?  Just wondering.  Who is the manufacturer for them?  Who else does the manufacturer, manufacturer for?  Is this really a different, unique item?  Or is it just the same crap with a new casing and new marketing?   Their history page on their homepage is certainly quite a story, though it doesn't tell me anything other than they may have convinced some gullible...
Have you heard a DA11, Antelope Zodiac to even know if spending another $1000-2000-3000 will make any difference in quality to your music?  Have you done any testing where you were not told which device you were listening to and did not know the price tag of the item and be able to distinguish whether the Zodiac sounds better than your M-DAC.   Hey it's your money.  Personally I would want to be able to definitively be able to tell and say the upgraded DAC sounds better...
Just FYI, Burson has nothing to do with Burson Audio.  They just exploit his name for anyone who may of heard of who he is.  Also Burson Audio's discrete OPA was designed and for a long time manufactured by Audio-GD.  Burson Audio is about as a joke as they get IMO.  Years of research on their fully discrete OPA buffer, which is now used in a number of their devices.  Hilarious.     Burson probably is a nice piece of audio equipment, but you may want to question...
I'm sure there will be many more lookalike headphones as I doubt Phiaton or any of these other brands manufacture them.  They probably have the same manufacturers and leaving from the same factory.   That's why I only trust the big guns, like Sennheiser, AKG, Beyerdynamic, Audio Technica, and Shure.  I know these have 50 years establishment of R&D and professional grade equipment.  They are not BS'ing me when they say it took 2 years of R&D.  I don't trust anything...
There is a forum for IEMs here.  Not berrating, but you may get better responses there since that's where most of the information on IEMs reside.  Also check earphonesolutions.com for reviews and products and prices.
If you're so concerned about USB to SPDIF conversion, just get the Teralink/VALAB one for $60 on Ebay.  It's not going to be any worse than these others.  I doubt you'll hear any difference anyway, maybe it will put your mind that is suffering from audiophile marketing syndrome at rest.  Teralink should be asynchronous, with a TCXO reclocker and using I2S.  What more do you need?  Or does it need an extra $400 added to the pricetag and maybe a BS review from 6Moons?  Or...
Obviously means there is something wrong with your desktop if the Windows drivers work fine and the NFB-12 works fine on your laptop and other desktops.  The default windows USB drivers are the same on all computers.  So this likely points to a hardware issue on your desktop.  Something wrong with your USB ports.     The only other thing I can think of, do a reinstall of Windows.