Posts by JaZZ

Quote: Originally Posted by nick_charles Is it rational to assume that cable differences can only be heard with high end sources and if so exactly why? It's not irrational, but doesn't correspond to my experience. Quote: A cable transmits a signal and it does it more or less well, a perfect cable would transmit a signal with zero attenuation and with zero alteration of the signal shape. A poor cable will attenuate the signal...
There are some more you could add to your list. Buying used would open an even wider field and the door to high-end sound. Sennheiser HD 650: Full and smooth, at the same time clear and resolving Sennheiser HD 580/600: Slightly less full than the HD 650, snappier and airier, slightly less refined and resolving Beyerdynamic DT 880: Smooth and refined, frequency response extended to both extremes, slightly recessed midrange, treble emphasis AKG K 701: Impressive...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullseye Hehe , well Jazz, I don't know if you have realized yet but you keep wanting to BELIEVE in those changes. They are just in your mind! It looks as if after all the money you have spent on cables, realizing the truth is hard to swallow. Do you really think so? I haven't just spent money, but also sacrificed thousands of hours for making my own cables. You may understand that it's too much asked for to now simply...
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncle Erik No form of testing will ever satisfy the believers. No matter how tightly controlled or if the testing yields wonderful results in every other field of science. That's because cables are faith-based audiophilia. Differences only exist if you believe they do. You're on to something here. I think believing is essential. Or rather renouncing disbelief. As I was a cable skeptic myself before I had my key...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bullseye Jazz, did you actually do the test? Yes, I did. But I was wrong with one point: The two files are 16/44.1, not 24/96. It's the title track of Automatic Man's «Visitors» LP. Quote: What do you think about what you wrote above? I think it's intelligently worded. Joking aside, I don't have a real clue. But the 16/44.1 format at least opens the door for some plausible speculation. After all...
Also consider that the Opera is already quasi-balanced. That said: I like the Symphony even better. .
Otherwise maybe a used K 701 (or 702). Or a DT 880. .
The HD 800 (if you can stretch your budget a little bit). .
Quote: Originally Posted by Deathwish238 This is what I find interesting: The red line of the non balanced DT880 is smoother...so...wouldn't that technically be a more accurate sound? Again, the non balanced have less distortion and thus should have a clearer sound as well... That's either a measuring variance or a production spead or (most likely) both. It could also very well show a broken-in and a fresh pair. Look at this...
iAudio7 (16 GB) with ER-4P (mod.) or PFE 112 .