or Connect

Posts by JaZZ

Quote: Originally Posted by nickchen ...and the inner cup seems to be identical with the DT880'2005, except a shocking absence of damping material. I couldn't live with that – even if it sounded good. There's definitely a need for modification. – Good observation... thanks! .
Quote: Originally Posted by Shike You're making it sound like I assume all amps sound the same - regardless of anything. Yes, I did. But that was just a working hypothesis to have a starting point. You have the opportunity to correct it anytime. Quote: Evidence? Or are you a hundred percent assuming too? 100% assuming, too. I take it from the reviews I've read about the good synergy between HeadRoom amps and the 300-Ω...
Quote: Originally Posted by aimlink They sound great... I'm sure they do. Quote: They're spartan in appearance yes, and like cables and other audio equipment, their spartan appearance has the opposite effect with regard to expectations. You mean they sound better than you would expect? Now if that's not a clear disproof of the placebo effect! .
Quote: Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man Of the two cables I have made I have the volume at between 9 and 10, rather than the stock cable's 9 maximum. Do you have an ohmmeter at your disposal? .
Quote: Originally Posted by Shike Reproducing my POV wrong isn't reproducing it. So in which respect was I wrong? It would be more productive if you could offer your version instead of speaking in riddles. Quote: There's been plenty of poory built amps in the past . . . how many people are still getting amps fixed that were built buy that one guy on this forum that hightailed it? I think you're trying to nebulize the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Shike To check for any possible problems with the design and to make sure it can sufficiently drive headphones with no gross deficiencies. As I understood, you were doubting HeadRoom's specs for their amps. So I was asking: «Why that» – if it corresponds to your belief that all amps sound the same (roughly spoken), because they're all wires with gain? Quote: Never said that sparky. What does...
Quote: Originally Posted by Shike If we go by known measurements there shouldn't be a real difference. I think most difference are placebo, or lack of level matching. That is of course providing both are similar in their capabilities. The headroom example falls apart as they don't provide enough measurements and results to honestly compare them. Good try! But why bother with these specs at all? After all they're perfectly in line with your...
Quote: Originally Posted by Prog Rock Man I have just made my second cable for my K702s. I have not tested them extensively, but the only difference between them so far is that each needs the volume reset. I wonder now how many people have bought a different cable and mistaken a sound improvement for a slight change in volume? That should not be. A headphone cable should not exceed ~1 Ω, so on a 62-Ω headphone it should not cause a noticeable...
Quote: Originally Posted by Shark_Jump Do you agree that cable frequency response is effectively flat across ALL frequencies from 0 HZ (DC) to at least 100KHz, and for amps this not the case. This point is extreamly significant as it is why cables are so controversial when a claim of a sound 'signature' is claimed for a cable. Can you tell me why exactly the curves below and above the audible spectrum are extremely...
Quote: Originally Posted by Shark_Jump Jazz, I am afraid your premise is very wrong. If you look in any respectable Hi Fi mag, Im sure you have some around your home, when they test an amp they will include a frequency response plot (amplitude vs frequency). Notice how they don't include this graph when they test cables, the reason for this is it is a flat line. (eg The cable does nothing to the signal) For some amps, you will see that this curve...