Posts by JaZZ

If it has low enough output impedance, this may be a good solution in the sense of minimized signal corruption. A dedicated headphone amp of the same class would probably still sound better, primarily due to its even lower output impedance.   Some amps use complex designs, some are simpler – there are many ways to achieve a good sound. The only thing that matters is if there's a superfluous amplification stage in the signal path. Such cases of double or triple...
  Yes. The preamp output is the equivalent of a headphone output.   Certainly – if you want high fidelity. I even renounce a preamp on my speaker system and use a passive attenuator instead for driving my power amp. Note the term «attenuator»: It sais that the signal from a CDP is too loud for a power amp and has to be attenuated. Now combine this with the concept of an active preamp! .  
It's called euphonic coloration. Harmonic distortion, wow and flutter, warmish sonic balance... can make for or more organic characteristic than the pure original signal – which may be affected by some technical imperfections of the recording equipment or too revealing for the imperfections of the playback equipment.   I have digitized quite a few LPs, with a decent turntable system consisting of a Thorens TD 321 with Linn Basik arm with Shure Ultra 500 pickup and a...
Try this! I guarantee that it works against your problem. Moreover it's almost free. – If your HD 800 is still new, patience also works. My pair took ~160 hours of play time to lose its initial harshness and sibilance. .
  Hey no! They are just semi-open. With a bit of malice one could also argue that it represents the worst of both worlds: no isolation to speak of and nevertheless inner reflections.   Open headphones are those trying to minimize reflections with the goal to preserve the original signal as pure as possible, without mixing rear sound waves to it.   There's even an undamped plastic plate behind the Tesla driver.   If the new model is the open version, I may be interested..
  The latter is imaginable – but I doubt that there's an ADC with a 22-kHz anti-aliasing filter at a sampling rate of 96 kHz. If it's a feature of the player, it is a technical flaw in my book. At least it's a missed chance of deriving advantage from the smooth roll-off.       It doesn't need oversampling, true, but there's no benefit from renouncing it either. Oversampling is the best, simplest and cheapest filter implementation, so it makes no sense not to use it....
  You're missing the point. Oversampling is the technically best implementation of an anti-aliasing low-pass filter independent of the filter characteristic. It enables the use of very few analogue filter components. There's no benefit from pure analogue filtering, if that's what you understand by NOS. Actually the term NOS is mostly used for completely filterless DACs which have the benefit of renouncing analogue filters with their signal-corruption potential after all....
Could this be the announced open version of the T1? .  
I can't tell – the above is all I got from Jan. .