Posts by JaZZ

Or – maybe more logical and less expensive – an optical-to-coaxial converter.
 I'm not familiar with the AK100. If it doesn't have a USB output beside Toslink (and it seems there's none), you would have to look for a Toslink-to-S/PDIF (BNC) converter.
 The tip is the hot pole, the large ring at the back is the common ground, the middle ring isn't used. For the plug on the amp end: The tip is the hot pole of the left channel, the middle ring is the hot pole of the right channel, and the large ring is the common ground.
Fascinating!   Unmeasurable audio penomena! You won't get agreement on the human hearing being more sensitive than the best measuring instruments in the Sound Science forum, but I'm ready to believe it. There's no other way out.   Interestingly I've come to the very same conclusion: Solid-core wires sound better (cleaner, smoother) than stranded wires, but large diameters of them have a tendency to overaccentuated smoothness and a metallic flavor, so the thinner the...
   Yes, lovethatsound is right. The M-Scaler (Blu²) is just switched between your traditional source and the DAVE.
Rob, I have another question. I really hope I'm not bothering you while being engaged in some of your groundbreaking developments (of course I am! ), but my issue is really earthshatteringly important, and you are the only person able to solve it.   I remember you stating that every electronics component has an impact on the sound, even resistors, cables, solder joints and plugs. My own experience tells me the same. My favorite headphone to date, the HiFiMan HE1000,...

Do we have to engage the poor Rob again for clarifying the issue? I have a hard time deducing something from DAVE's above block diagram.
 Are you sure the M-Scaler can drive the digital amp? I don't recall such a statement from Rob (don't exclude it, though).
 Yeah, sorry, Mike! But better late than never. I've had a hard time understanding the stuff as well, it's very complex. Just not as complex as I intermediately thought; my initial idea was much closer: The number of «taps» indicates the sharpness of the low-pass filter – called WTA filter in Rob's sophisticated implementation –, performed by the upsampling algorithm. Other than commonly interpreted the main function of upsampling is always low-pass filtering.