Posts by JaZZ

Spritzer, I usually appreciate your posts. But in this thread you make it look like for someone with decent hearing and decent electronics the preference can only be for the SR-007 or the HE 60 or any of the well-regarded electrostats.   I believe that I have a really decent setup, although of course not quite of the caliber of some of the other posters in the «High-End Forum». I haven't heard the LCD-2 and the T1, but I have heard the HE 60, even more extensively the HE...
    I can't reproduce your perception, but of course accept it – different ears hear differently, escpecially with headphones (keyword HRTF). The HD 800 doesn't sound perfectly neutral to me as well – no exisiting headphone does –, but is closest to neutrality and most realistic of the headphones I've heard.        Your statements come across as if your perception be the valid one, whereas others are wrong.   I consider something like the K701 to be more source sensitive...
Depending on the amp's input-impedance curve it may also alter the electrical frequency response. But that's really a hypothetical scenario. Amp inputs have impedances like 10 or 80 kΩ, whereas interconnect cables usually have <1-3 ohm, depending on the length and the conductor diameter. So even a massive, unrealistic 100 ohm cable resistance (let's say from thin carbon fibers) won't affect neither the volume level nor the sonic balance. .
With a bit of goodwill you would understand the reason for the DBT ban in this part of the forum: It's for detracting the basis for someone's pretension that his or her experience/approach/belief/ideology be universally and exclusively valid. .
I was assuming that you consider every other method inappropriate and a key to self-delusion. Am I completely wrong? – However, nothing personal!  Also, I needed some striking keywords (...rules to rules...).   You keep on talking about DBT, whereas this corner of the forum is dedicated to exchanging listening experiences. (I suppose you know the Science forum, right?) – If my wording/interpretation was inaccurate, it's due to the lack of corresponding...
...not to speak of electronics components (and cables) shining through the comparably massive inaccuracies of sound transducers!.
  Every poster here should only speak for himself. I don't share your specific «cables = snake oil» experience, so please don't speak for me!   Dear Uncle Eric... I'm sure you know the rules of this forum vey well. You're just trying (again) how far you can go until the moderators feel the need for intervention, right? (Keyword DBT-Free Forum)     The same goes for everyone else. There's a sub-forum for a scientific approach to audio (and you know it).   After all...
    I don't dispute your sonic perception: you heard what you heard. But the measurements deny the smiley-face scenario. As to the spark coming from the high harmonic distortion, that's an(other) unfounded assumption. The Stereophile graphs show a worst-case value of 0.055% THD at 10 kHz – note that the second harmonic has a frequency of 20 kHz, so will hardly be audible; moreover 0.055% is already sufficiently low to be below the official hearing threshold...
I'm not aware of a single amp with smiley-face frequency response. Maybe Krav can show us the amps he is talking about.   I agree with Skylab's above statements. .
  The Equinox was the cable with the highest tonal resemblance to the original HD 650 cable to my ears. In turn it was the one with the best imaging and soundstage. I nevertheless preferred the more sparkling and metallic silver cables Zu Mobius and Silver Dragon.     How do you know? We're talking of analogue cables (which show quite some measuring differences, BTW).   People buy expensive cables and hear a difference because they expect to because they just shelled out...