Posts by JaZZ

No, the polarity changes constantly in the rhythm of the music signal, which gets transformed into forward and backward motion of the membrane. It's clearly alternating current..
If you want fuller sound (and even better imaging) from your HD 800, try this! .  
    Why exactly are you concerned about a ringing at 22,050 Hz? In my understanding it would theoretically be better to accept it, as 22 kHz are known to be inaudible. Theoretically a steep filter with massive ringing barely affects transient response at audible frequencies, in contrast to your favored smoother filter with reduced ringing which moreover may affect amplitude response.   Well, at least according to the established audio doctrine. In reality the ringing is...
Yeah, she really looks great, and she rides at least as great as she looks. She's somewhat demanding, though: 6.5 l/100 km is more than the 5.25 l of my former Z750, add to this the 15 l tank compared to the Z750's 18.5 l tank... Which means just 230 km per tankful. Also, the motor runs a bit rougher than the Z750's. Everything else is just plain better: power (!), responsiveness, handling, stability... And this with factory tires (Pirelli). I'm looking forward to the...
  Not sure if your question is still up to date (since it's dated from 3/20/10). – Does it have to be a cable? Or is it o.k. if the goal is achieved by something else that costs virtually nothing and addresses the issue at the source?   Here's the method which has provided me with all the sonic corrections necessary for the HD 800 to sound as good as I want it to. It even offers some room for frequency-balance fine-tuning, so finding an amp with optimal synergy is much...
  Hi Shahrose   1)  The differences I'm speaking of (with my pair) – although noticeable – were not enough to satisfy my sonic demands after just a few hours of play time: String orchestras still sounded awfully strident. This trait went away not before ~200 hours. Note that this was before the mod came into play. 2)  I'm not sure, but quite confident that it is a break-in issue. As it was about refinement and smoothness, not frequency balance. Moreover, as mentioned, it...
  1)  And how do you know under which condition I have compared the two pairs? I could have reversed my mod or reproduced it on my friend's pair, right? I'm not that naive. In fact the latter applies. For this specific comparison I modded his pair (at his request) exactly according to mine. And of course I've reinstalled the stock cable on my pair beforehand!   2)  I'm aware of the sample variances and have seen them on the published graphs. But from the relatively...
Personally I haven't noticed a widening of the soundstage. It was already wide and deep from the start. But I may not have paid enough attention to the soundstage.       A few days ago I had the opportunity to compare my friend's brand new HD 800 with my used pair. The difference was exactly how I perceived it between out of the box and after ~250 hours. The treble from the new pair was sharp and strident, some recordings with string orchestras were virtually...
Only two days old and already a star:     My new Kawasaki Z1000. .
      I wasn't implying that it always sounds good, I was just replying to the thread title. Which seems to say that there's something special to vinyl which is preserved even after digitization. I think: Yes, there's something special to vinyl, but the components of this specialty which made it to the CD are inaccuracies.   Apart from that, I believe that really good vinyl setups can surpass comparable CD players in some sonic criteria. Logically these advantages don't...