or Connect

Posts by JaZZ

That's my guess as well. There's a reason for the DAVE's «2x ultra-high-speed coax 768 kHz dual-data mode (for use with future-unannounced Chord Electronics products)». And it would be plausible to present both associated novelties at the same event.
 So it must be something really big.
 You could of course wait for DAVE. Should be released by the end of the year.
 Yes, that sounds familiar to me. In my case it turned out that the nozzle of the lower channel wasn't exactly in place – not enough care from my part during assembly. Left and right nozzle are of course identical.
 Apart from the really great DAC sound the Hugo comes with a world-class headphone amp* for free – unlike most of its competitors. You should take that into consideration.  So a device that gets huge praise worldwide should be avoided according to your strategy? Who defines what the «substance» in audio is? Mr. Kapanak? According to my understanding and my ears the Hugo is maybe the best value in its category for people with a certain sonic ideal (high accuracy,...
 I guess «HG» should mean «high gain». People are lazy these days...
 To each his own. Your «poor value» is my bargain – based on own listening experience, not hype. Moreover an excellent match with my modified HD 800. (I suppose yours is in original state.)
 I disagree. Here's why. The best amp is no amp. (I'm speaking from own experience.)
To my ears the stock cable sounds really good (I prefer it to the Silver Dragon), it just hasn't the ideal synergy with the unmodified and unequalized headphone.