Posts by JaZZ

Interestingly I have found the Symphony to sound better via USB than via S/PDIF or Toslink. But the HiFace is certainly an option worth considering. .
I don't know the StageDAC and have only heard a Concerto with very little operating time, but I dare to say «no». As much as I like my Symphony and as good as the built-in DAC is, I like the McCormack UDP-1 and the Bel Canto DAC2 better – feeding the Symphony's line in or the HD 800 directly (via 500-ohm potentiometer). The Symphony's DAC was an excellent match with the HD 650 or the K 701, but is too treble-friendly and -sparkling with the HD 800. So chances are that...
One of my listening variants is the direct connection to the Bel Canto DAC2's line out (20 ohm output impedance), alternatively the McCormack UDP1's line out (220 ohm), via a 500-ohm potentiometer. It is an equal alternative to the Corda Symphony and the Mapletree Ear++.     I doubt the above scenario. Kurt's new HD 800 of the latest production run (don't know the serial number) out of the box sounded like mine (01559) out of the box – shriller and less refined than my...
Especially with the K 701 it's not just about driver break-in, but also earpads wear-in, which makes a considerable difference. So letting it play somewhere in a drawer is only half the process. This for I recommend bass-heavy music and loud levels if you really want to benefit from an accelerated break-in. Otherwise you could just break it in by listening to it. – It doesn't matter if you repeat one song or shuffle through a playlist. .
So I should have said bipolar transistors at the output stage... It effectively has no common ground, the ground is separated from the minus poles. .  
The last graph represents exactly the circuit diagram of 95% of the power amps. Note the common ground! It would have been useful to draw both ground connectors at the inside, both plus connectors at the outside, since most amps are designed that way.   My own power amp (Metaxas Solitaire) is an exception, since it uses bipolar transistors, thus true balanced drive. .
    No, the polarity changes constantly in the rhythm of the music signal, which gets transformed into forward and backward motion of the membrane. It's clearly alternating current..
If you want fuller sound (and even better imaging) from your HD 800, try this! .  
    Why exactly are you concerned about a ringing at 22,050 Hz? In my understanding it would theoretically be better to accept it, as 22 kHz are known to be inaudible. Theoretically a steep filter with massive ringing barely affects transient response at audible frequencies, in contrast to your favored smoother filter with reduced ringing which moreover may affect amplitude response.   Well, at least according to the established audio doctrine. In reality the ringing is...
Yeah, she really looks great, and she rides at least as great as she looks. She's somewhat demanding, though: 6.5 l/100 km is more than the 5.25 l of my former Z750, add to this the 15 l tank compared to the Z750's 18.5 l tank... Which means just 230 km per tankful. Also, the motor runs a bit rougher than the Z750's. Everything else is just plain better: power (!), responsiveness, handling, stability... And this with factory tires (Pirelli). I'm looking forward to the...