Posts by JaZZ

Thanks, will try it. But I wonder about your mentioning of FW 2.34, as I was under the impression that FW 2.20 was the latest official version (also according to FiiO's website which ends there). I already wondered how my X5 can come with FW 2.30, which is nowhere else to be found or mentioned. Do you have a link to all available X5 firmware versions, especially 2.30 and 2.34? Just in case I have to downgrade again for whatever reason. However, I'm glad that there will be...
Normally my filenames consist of the band/composer and the title, divided by a hyphen. Here the whole title would be «A Plague of Lighthouse Keepers», which I abbreviated the way above, and I renounced the hyphen, for the sake of shortness. So the list is effectively correct, just not in the sense of the X5, which needs its own paths indicated. Since I replace the original paths by «TF2:» in front of each line, everything works fine, though.  
Thank you! 
It's Foobar. So you're saying I have to edit each entry of the list?
And here's the text from one of my test playlists:   #EXTM3U #198,Alan Price - I put a Spell on you Pop\Alan Price\Alan Price - I put a Spell on you ('stereo').mp3 #215,Amboy Dukes - Journey to the Center of the Mind Pop\Amboy Dukes\Amboy Dukes - Journey to the Center...flac #393,Aquascape - Sunrise Pop\Aquascape\Aquascape - Sunrise.mp3 #415,Dead Can Dance - Agape Pop\Dead Can Dance\DeadCanDance - Agape.flac #163,Damon Albarn - Kingdom of Doom Pop\Damon Albarn\Damon...
My brand new X5 doesn't accept playlists made on the computer. I've followed the steps indicated on FiiO's website, added the line «#EXTM3U» on top of the list and saved the list as m3u8 on the root directory of the (128 GB) card. The player shows it in browser mode, begins to read the files, but comments «file not found» with all of them. Then I tried it on the second (128 GB) card, with the same result. I tried to save it as m3u: same result. Then I followed darkarn's...
...I guess that's prevented by a general volume decrease in the case of an increased frequency band. But certainly all sliders up can't provide an exactly linear response, as it means that 10 frequencies are increased. It depends on the bandwidth. Theoretically it's possible to get a linear response that way, but it would be mere chance.
 Can you elaborate on this? What's the «FiiO sound»? I suppose you mean neutral. But how can the sound deviate from neutral with all sliders in zero position? BTW, my EQ approach differs from castleofargh's cited above. I explicitly want a neutral sound (= linear frequency response) in my ears. Given that no head-/earphone is neutral, I equalize the music signal inversely. For this purpose a parametric EQ is optimal.
Same here.
My wish list (in order of priority):   Digital output, preferrably coaxial (for the use as a music box with external DAC and music system at home) Excellent sound quality and enough output power (so there's no need for an extra amp in view of optimal portability) for a wide variety of headphones, no bass roll-off at low impedances At least 2 (micro)SD card slots (onboard memory welcome, but not mandatory) for at least 256 GB A 10-band equalizer is nice, but a...