or Connect

Posts by JaZZ

I have no real recommendation to offer when it comes to an EQ strategy. I found my own curves by trial and error – initially by relying on published FR graphs (mostly Inner Fidelity) –, but soon had to discover that they can't entirely be trusted, particularly for the treble, even from the range above 1 kHz on. As with my own speaker projects (when I was into speaker building years ago) which took me months to find the ideal crossover tuning, I changed my headphone EQ...
 As I said, there's nothing wrong with liking the pleasing colorations introduced by additional amplification that make the sound more forgiving in terms of tonal flaws in the chain (mainly caused by the headphones, but even the DAC itself isn't entirely excluded, and of course the recording belongs to the factors, too). I understand this approach. It's just that more than often the claim «you need an amp to maximize the sound of your headphone» comes up in the context of...
It's even a bit more insteresting. The conflict is actually a conflict of the foo_input_packeddsd.dll with itself, as removing foo_input_sacd effectively doesn't change foobar's behavior. It even can't hold the SACD settings. So after a foobar restart the same song will be played at 192 kHz (the selected DSDIFF decoder frequency) and a few restarts later foobar will show an error message instead of playing the song. After a few more tries it will play DoP correctly...
 Hugo showed a white light, and foobar indicated DSD at typical DSD sampling rates. After installing foo_input_packeddsd I couldn't get DoP anymore, just PCM at 176,400 Hz, as set in the SACD preferences for DSD/PCM conversion. So you're right about the conflict between the two files foo_input_sacd and foo_input_packeddsd – which also leads to a sporadic disappearing of the «DSD Over PCM» option in the list. So I can effectively choose either of the two above-mentioned...
 Yes, in fact the Hugo played DoP even before I installed foo_input_packeddsd.
Thank you, Uzi2! Got it now. But did I really need it?
 I wonder how come that I don't have the «DSD Over PCM» option in the SACD settings. I get DoP anyway from the Asio Proxy 0.8.3 setting alone, though.
I've just begun reading their patent, it looks like it's not just a matter of equipping conventional cables with magnet rings or tubes, so trying to copy their cables is a fruitless undertaking. The conductors are said to consist of ferromagnetic material and are connected to the magnets.
The design looks like massive sonic compromises (which I couldn't live with). And yes, it's ugly in my eyes.
 I also would like to know the geometry of the magnet arrays to try it myself. But as long as no insider information is leaking, there's probably no hope to get any insight. Maybe some of the users of HF cables can get an idea from the looks of them? I don't think magnetism is harmful for high frequencies. The phenomenon causing high-frequency loss is called inductance, and responsible for it is the AC induced alternating magnetic field. So it's not the same as a magnetic...