Posts by steve468

**Price Drop**   Hi there,   After many years away from Head-Fi, the upgrade bug has hit me hard, so my trusty Blueberry Audio Emotion is now for sale. Purchased here on Head-Fi like a bajillion years ago (about 8), this unit remains in perfect working order. The unit looks just as it did when it first got here; I even polished the wood to keep it shiny. Sale includes Elpac wall wart.   *edit* Fun fact: this is the only Blueberry Audio Emotion that was ever...
Fitz, you may indeed be correct sir. With my ear right against the tweeter, I can't hear anything, on either speaker. That would explain a lot about what I'm hearing. Wouldn't have thought of that, thanks. If that is the only problem, it would be an easy enough problem to fix, eh? Simply replace the tweeters? I'd be quite happy with my find if that's all that needs to be done - they seem to be nice speakers otherwise. Thanks guys.
I guess I'm not really sure what brand they are. They are marked made in Canada, and Clements Audio is in Arizona The point about blown tweeters reminds me that when I used the extremely limited EQ on the amp and turned up the treble, the sound seemed to get better. Hm, posting pics would be a good idea, eh? Unfortunately, the girlfriend decided to take the camera to Cuba with her instead of me So perhaps I'll report back in a few days time? Thanks for your help so far.
Hi there. Head-fi has been so helpful with all my other audio problems, and so I turn to you once more. Today I picked up off the curb a nice looking set of speakers. Turns out I found a pair of Clements Audio 108di. I hooked them up to my el-cheapo home theater amp (Yamaha HTR-5640) and...they work, but the midrange is very muffled. Guitar sounds like it's being played behind an extremely thick wool curtain. The thing that makes me think they are salvageable is the bass...
After hearing all the accolades, I listened to RTCM. First time, I thought it was childish and really just stupid. Then "A Method" grabbed me...that was it I was HOOKED. Listened to it once, twice a day for like a week. It's definitely a grower - for those looking into it, give it time and give it a few listens, you won't be dissappointed. RTCM is pretty unique to anything I've listened to - does anyone know if their other realeases are anything like this/worth finding?
I recently sold my first dedicated CD player (a Cambridge Audio D300). It was my first venture into better-than-consumer-grade sources, my first tiny taste of audiophilia. Boxing it up brought a tear to me eye. Hope it's being enjoyed somewhere...
An intersting response, feckn_eejit. Certainly, better mastering would benefit everyone, HDCD owners included. However, almost every HDCD I own (I don't know, 60 or so) has a distinct naturalness too it that I simply had not heard until I got an HDCD-capable player. Mind you, this player is better than anything else I've had HDCD or not, so that may explain that. But after hearing so many HDCDs and regular CDs on the player, I can definately say that HDCD has almost a...
Personally, some of the best acoustic guitar I've heard is on Bruce C0ckburn's "Dancing In The Dragon's Jaws." Particularly the 3rd song, Badlands Flashback. It's such a good song anyway that you only realize halfway through that he's laying down some killer guitar work. This may not be a popular statement, but I think when taking into account ability and compositional strength, Bruce C0ckburn is one of the best guitar players out there.
Quote: Originally Posted by memepool Recievers will often have 3 small binding posts for FM 300 Ohm antenas one of which is marked ground. This is for the FM radio section of the Reciever. There should also be another binding post next to the RCA sockets marked phono or disc and this is for the turntable ground wire. Unless you hear a loud hum on the turntable though especially when you touch the tonearm then it's grounded ok. Cool. The CS-505.2 was...
Well, guess what? It finally dawned on me that this player was absent a pitch control belt! No wonder the pitch control wouldn't work properly, eh? So then it was just a matter of removing the platter and manually adjusting the pitch control. I'm right now listening to Crosby Stills & Nash's CSN, which was the whole reason I got the player in the first place. Simply amazing. Thanks again for all your help.