or Connect

Posts by PurpleAngel

Here is a 3.5mm stereo male to dual RCA cable, that will connect the FiiO X5's line out to the RCA inputs on the Classic 60. http://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5597&seq=1&format=2   The Fiio X5 Gen II line-output jack is labeled the "Line / Coax digital out".
 Just about any amplifier can drive the V-Moda M100 headphones.I would assume the E07K is about as good as anything else, in it's price range, for driving the M100 headphones.If you wanted to try improving audio quality, over the E07K, I would say to get the FiiO X3 Gen II (X3K) DAP.It can be used as a USB DAC/amp, with the laptopand also as a standalone portable audio player, so just use the android phone for phone calls.
 The 1/8 impedance guideline is just one factor for audio quality.Sometime that guideline is not practical to follow (quality costs money).There is a chance the motherboard's headphone jack's output impedance is higher then 22-Ohms.So going with the SB-Z 22-Ohm output impedance might still be better then plugging the headphones straight into the motherboard.I've plugged headphones into a SB-Z, with the same 32-Ohm impedance as the HD-681 and did not have any issues. For...
 The 1/8 impedance (Ohm) guideline is more to do with audio quality, then driving headphones.It's preferred to have the headphones to have 8 times (or more) the impedance of the source, they are plugged into, for better damping control.The E07K has a less then 1-Ohm output impedance, so technically it's fine with any headphone that is around 8-Ohms or more.
 The JVC HA-SZ2000 are rated at 16-Ohms, which means a $27 FiiO E6 amp could drive them.So not sure why anyone would tell you the FiiO E07K could not drive them.
 I've heard the Philips Fidelio X1/X2 are like an improved DT990.
Get the AKG K7XX headphones. But they need to be driven by a decent headphone amplifier to sound their best. I believe Massdrop also has the Bravo Ocean tube headphone amplifier, for $80.
 Your motherboard comes with a Realtek ALC892 audio processor.A used Asus Xonar DX sound card ($50-$60) or Hifimediy Sabre USB DAC ($65) would be a better DAC feature, then the ALC892. Most devices with audio connections (smart phone, TV, A/V receiver, mp3 player, sound cards, DACs, etc) usually use an un-balamced connection.One positive wire and one ground wire, for each channel (signal) A balanced connection is two matching positive wires and one ground wire.A balanced...
 What will the DAC be feeding into?Speaker amplifier or headphone amplifier?If headphones, are you going to need headphone surround sound? If all you need is stereo audio (2.0), then might as well use the USB connection between the PC and the Bricasti.Your DAC comes with an asynchronous USB interface, USB has better digital signal timing control then the S/PDIF (optical & coaxial) connections.Also USB bypasses the sound card, providing a slightly less unmolested digital...
 A $76 FiiO E10K or $89 Schiit Fulla can easily drive the ATH-W5000 headphones.What sources are you going to be using with the headphones? If your on a student budget, then maybe go for something cheaper then the ATH-W5000.So the Philips Fidelio X2 might be the smarter buy.