or Connect

Posts by PurpleAngel

The Essence STX and D2X use a lot of the same parts, like same series of PCM17XX DAC chips.Exactly the same op-amps (JRC2114) and audio processor (C-Media CMI8788).So the STX is basically the D2X, but with a dedicated headphone amplifier installed.(the D2X supports 7.1 analog out for speakers, the STX only 2.0, but I'm guessing that does not matter)So swapping out the D2X, for the STX, would not be worth it.Better to just buy an external headphone amplifier and connect it...
 You can't send 5.1 (6-channel) audio thru any S/PDIF (optical/coaxial) connection unless your using DDL or DTS-Connect.So without DDL/DTS-Connect you can only send 2-channels of movie audio thru S/PDIF (no 5.1 Dolby Digital or 5.1 DTS).
 So you running Kodi software on a Win10 PC. Can you add an internal PCI/PCI-E card to it?$25 (or more) for a sound card with an optical output port. Here is a USB DAC ($24) that also outputs S/PDIF (optical/coaxial).http://www.ebay.com/itm/131451917291?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
 Your right, he already did.
 So I'm guessing your trying to send music and movie audio from a source (Windows PC?) to the optical input on a receiver (not a Kudi machine)? Can't you just send optical straight from the source and just not use USB?
 The closest thing I can think of, is an Asus Xonar U3, USB sound card.It can be connected to a USB port on a Windows PC and the U3 can output up to 6-channels (using DDL compression) out it's S/PDIF optical port.But whatever the device taking in the optical signal, would need to have DDL (Dolby Digital Live) to uncompress the audio signal.Without the use of DDL, only 2-channel of uncompressed (PCM) audio will pass thru the U3's S/PDIF. DTS-Connect provides the same...
 The Sony MDR-7506 is a 63-Ohms and fairly easy to drive.I can drive my MDR-V6 with a $24 FiiO amp and the MDR-7506 is based on the MDR-V6.(matching specs).So the Magni is only working slightly harder (like maybe 10%?) to drive the MDR-7506, over your other headphones.So if there was an issue with the Magni, it should show up when using other headphones. My current best guess(?) is there might be a internal connection (grounding or other) issue with the 7506's plugAs the...
 Ok, a 3.5mm (1/8") female (TRS) to 6.3mm (1/4") male (TRS) adapter. Is the 3.5mm female jack on the adapter, threaded?Or does it just slip on?
 I'm confused on what your trying to ask?You want to send audio to a Kodi machine/But you also want to send audio to an external DAC?What exactly is the source, in this setup?5.1DTS/DD can not normally be sent to an external DAC, as most DACs are usually 2-channel.Or is this external DAC more then just a DAC?
 HGST 4TB hard drive, currently $155http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/835056-REG/Hitachi_0S03355_4TB_SATA3_3_5_INTERNL.htmlCurrently using three of those drives and no issues.(HGST drives have a good rep for reliability). Of you you think you do not need that much space, get a Western digital blue drive (1TB?). You might consider buying two hard drives and put copies of all your music on both drive, just in case one drive goes bad. Get any external USB hard drive case...