or Connect

Posts by PurpleAngel

Currently listen to music with my HP200 plugged into my Darkvoice, music is very lively:)
 Check out the 32-Ohm Soundmagic HP200 headphonesEasier for the FiiO Q1 to drive.
 I really know zero about the "sidetone effect" or how to create it.
 I'm sure if you ask other HD650 owners, they will tell you to use a headphone amplifier more powerful, then the E10K, to use with the HD650.http://www.head-fi.org/t/197776/sennheiser-hd650-impressions-thread
Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, when you installed the Xonar DX? Small chance active on-board will have an effect on an add-on internal sound card.   Maybe even try different PCI-E slots, on the motherboard.
Do you own a decent (powerful) enough headphone amplifier to even drive the 300-Ohm HD600/HD650 headphones?
You could replace the Recon3D with a Sound Blaster Z sound card. Both the Recon3D and the SB-Z come with the same Soundcore3D audio processor, which also provide a DAC (Digital to Analog Converter) function for the sound card. But the SB-Z card also comes with a CS4398 DAC chip, which should offer some improvement (audio quality wise) for your headphones, over the Recon3D. The SB-Z's CS4398 DAC chip only provides a DAC function for the Front Speaker channels or the...
 I very much doubt the Asus (or any other motherboard manufacturer) would make their on-board audio any worse, to get you to buy an add-on sound card.But each manufacturer is under pressure to control manufacturing costs, so they are going to go with whatever on-board audio can do a decent job, for the lowest costs.I'm sure most (like 99%) of Head-fiers want better audio quality for their computer, then what is considered decent by the masses. On-board audio has been...
It's a long shot, but did you try disabling the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS? And any other motherboard intergated devices that you would never use.
My two cents is to not care about the motherboard's on-board audio and just get a Sound Blaster Z sound card.