or Connect

Posts by PurpleAngel

The headphones you have are very easy to drive, so the Q1's amplifier will be more then enough to drive them.The E17K on it own, would be more then enough to drive your headphones.Can't see the K5/E17K combo offering any worthwhile or noticeable audio quality improvement, over the Q1 or E17K.But if you want the K5/E17K combo, go for it.
 What source(s) will you be using the K5+E17K with?Can we assume it's a PC You might consider just getting the FiiO Q1.
If you are going to be playing audio files on a non-apple device, might as well get FLAC.
 I do own the K7XX and have never listened to the Q701.But I'm going to guess unless the price you could sell the Q701 for, is somewhat close to the price you would pay for the K7XX, it would not be worth it.
So you currently have a Windows PC, a Magni 2 Uber headphone amplifier and Hifiman HE-400i headphones? Chances are a external DAC or add-on sound card, with a built in good quality DAC chip, will improve audio quality.   For a sound card, Asus Xonar DX or D1 sound card (used is fine, $50-$60). Comes with a CS4398 DAC chip :)   For an external DAC ($60-$70) http://hifimediy.com/DACs/ready-made-dacs?sort=p.price&order=ASC&limit=75
To access the motherboard's BIOS, you need to hit the Delete  (or F2?) key a few seconds after turning on the computer.   The E12 is more powerful then the A3 (E11K), but either amp will be more then enough to drive the HD598.
 Yea.
 FiiO A3 (E11K) headphone amplifier.
 Gaming consoles can be plugged into modern A/V receivers, which come with DDL.But you would not want to plug the Philips X2 into a receiver's headphone jack, because of an impedance issue. There is the older Turtle Beach Systems DSS unit, but it's not going to be any better then a Mix-amp.
 Make sure the motherboard's on-board audio is disable, in the BIOS.Try the Unified Xonar Drivers.http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/ Slight chance it might improve audio quality.