or Connect

Posts by PurpleAngel

For a S/PDIF connection, can't see the Xonar DX offering anything better then what the on-board can do (using S/PDIF).Do the other (non-windows) operating system(s) come with DDL or DTS-Connect, otherwise I would assume you would only get 2-channel thru S/PDIF.(using other OS)?The Xonar DX uses the C-Media CM8788 audio processor and the Asus Z170 uses the Realtek ALC892 audio processor.So I guess it comes down to C-Media vs Realtek and which is better supported by the...
Assuming you do not already own the Asus Essence STX II and your audio setup is mostly for music. I do not think it's the wisest choice in buying the Essence STX II, just to use it as a DAC for the headphone amplifier that is built into the ODAC/O2 Also an external DAC (ODAC) will not be effected by any electrical noise that might be generated inside the computer case.
 I myself know zero about the Dragonfly.Hopefully someone else who reads this thread knows more.
 I would guess the X7's DAC chip and op-amps are better (at least slightly better) then the ones on the motherboard.
For a little more cash, you could get the Darkvoice 336SE, off Massdrop. But not sure how well the Darkvoice tube amp works with lower impedance headphones?
Currently own the NFB-15 and I've very happy with it. But thinking of getting a DarkVoice 336SE tube amp and connecting it to the RCA line-outputs on the NFB-15. Wondering if the Darkvoice will give my headphone a nice tweak in their sound. Anyone ever compare the sound of the NFB-15 solid state amp to the Darkvoice?
Currently own the NFB-15 and I've very happy with it. But thinking of getting a DarkVoice 336SE and connecting it to the RCA line-outputs on the NFB-15. Wondering if the Darkvoice will give my headphone a nice tweak in their sound. Anyone ever compare the sound of the NFB-15 solid state amp to the Darkvoice?
 While using the FiiO E6 daisy chained off the smart phone.Max out the volume setting on the phone and control volume using the E6.
 I use Infinity Beta for my 5.1 speakersWhich model Infinity 5.1 do you have? For 2-channel audio, all the connections should be about equal.As they all can carry 2-channel of PCM (un-compressed) 24-bit/96K of digital audio.(HDMI will do 24-bit/192k) For 5.1 (6-channel) audioHDMI can carry up to 8-channels of 24bit/192k digital audio, without the need for compression. S/PDIF (optical or coaxial), using compression, can carry up to 6-channels of 24-bit/48k digital audio.DDL...
 FiiO E10K should be able to decently drive the 250-Ohm DT770/DT880.Schiit Fulla has a more powerful headphone amplifier. If this is for a Windows PC, the Sound Blaster Z sound card (used, $60) comes with a decent built in amp.