or Connect

Posts by PurpleAngel

My Darkvoice 336SE arrived a few weeks back, so far I'm liking it.And it's using a $40 sound card (Xonar DS)and sound might get better once I starting using my Audio-GD NFB-15's duel WM8741 DAC chips, to provide the DAC function.
Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000), they are the HyperX Cloud II with out the built in mic or the "fake" 7.1 surround sound USB adapter. Or just get the HyperX Cloud I, comes with the mic, but no USB sound card.   Asus Xonar DG sound card ($20), would be better then the USB sound card the HyperX Cloud II comes with.   The Sony MDR-7506 are monitor headphones, kind of a boring sound, more for analyzing audio, then audio enjoyment.   I own the Gemini HSR-1000 and I...
 Hopefully you disabled the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, when you installed the Ti-HD (Titanium-HD) sound card.The Ti-HD makes a fairly good DAC and it's headphone jack can easily drive the 150-Ohm Sennheiser HD700 headphones.But, I would say to buy a headphone amplifier and connect it to the Ti-HD's RCA (line-output) jacks. I myself just bought a Darkvoice 336 tube headphone amplifier and I'm really enjoying...
 Believe if in the Playback tab, if you set it for Sound Blaster S/PDIF, it bypasses all the sound card features.Better to set Playback tab to Sound Blaster Speakers,then enable S/PDIF in the Creative Labs own control panel. Also my be (slightly) helpfull if you disable the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS
 I bought and tried a SB-Z card for testing with headphones, but not really familiar with it's settings.But setting S/PDIF as playback device does not make sense (at least to me).Can see setting s/PDIF as default output device. Might try asking on this thread.http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-3-18-2016-mrspeakers-ether-c-1-1-added/36240
 I believe the USB connection on the E03K is for power only, so the USB does not have anything to do with audio. There digital audio signal that passes thru the E03K is 2-channel PCM digital audio, so no need for the E03K have any (decoding or encoding) DTS or Dolby Audio features. The SB-Z card itself takes in a 5.1 digital audio stream from the source (game or movie) and converter it into 2-channels of headphone surround sound.Then the signal is sent out of the SB-Z...
 I guess it was saying the Fulla outputs 200mw or power at 32-Ohm, as a reference, not a limit.
 I've plugged my 250-Ohm Beyer headphones into the Fulla, no problem driving them.Where did you read about the Fulla only powering up to 32-ohm headphones?
Can't see a good reason for not using the FiiO X5 with whatever IEM or headphone you might get.
 I've plugged 32-Ohm & 40-Ohm headphones into the SB-Z's (22-Ohm) headphone jack.Did not really have any really noticeable issues.I would prefer to plug low impedance headphones into amps with a much lower impedance (then 22-ohms), but still not really an issue with the SB-Z card.