or Connect

Posts by PurpleAngel

Think I was in a little bit of haste when i wrote that and really did not have enough time to fully explain my opinion (STX Vs E10K).Should have said the E10K should offer you fairly good audio quality, for it's $70 price.If you go with really any USB DAC (DAC/amp), you lose the sound card functions (Dolby), which is still fine with some gamers.There are some really nice USB DAC/Amps on the market, but your budget (if it's $70?) really dictates what your choices are.Nice...
Like you have much of a choice?   The E10k should still give you some decent audio quality.
What is the make and model of your DAP? Assuming it uses a USB connection, to a computer. You might be able to just copy the music from the folder on the computer's hard drive (or SSD) to the storage folder on the DAP.
I would disable the on-board audio, in the BIOS and connect a headphone amplifier (E12 or other) to the Xonar DX.
Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) headphones. Buy whichever is cheaper.
 Looks like there are a few used Modi and Magni selling on eBay.USB connected Modi will bypass sound card features.Optical connected Modi will work with sound card features.
 The ODAC is a USB input DAC and USB bypasses sound card features.Where as S/PDIF (optical or coaxial) input DAC works with sound card features.Some people are fine gaming using USB.and some prefer gaming using headphone (Creative SBX Headphone or Xonar's Dolby Headphone) surround sound.There is also the Razor surround sound software, which might work with a USB DAC? An all in in one combo (DAC/amp) is fine (at least to me).
Low cost (used $20-$60) sound card (Asus or Creative) and an external DAC with optical input and an external headphone amplifier.   Xonar DG ($25) or DGX ($40) or SB-Z (used $55) sound card > Hifimediy (optical) DAC ($60) > Bravo Ocean hybrid head amp ($120).
For a FPS gaming setup, Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card and Sennheiser HD558 headphones. For music audio, with the Sennheiser HD650 headphones, add a headphone amplifier and plug it into the SB-Z's Front Speaker jack.
 What headphones are you using or planning on buying? The ODAC should be a noticeable improvement, over the older E10 (as a DAC) Here is an all in one ODAC/O2 unit, might have to wait to get it.https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-o2-odac Here is an new O2 for $80.https://www.massdrop.com/buy/massdrop-o2-amplifier