or Connect

Posts by PurpleAngel

The Magni 2 will easily drive the DT770 to a loud volume ;)
 You want to PC's power cord plugged into a socket separate from the both speakers and the sub-woofer power connections.Like get a separate power strip and plug the power strip into a wall socket away from where the other power strip is plugged into the wall socket.PC connected on one power strip and the Yamaha's plugged into the other power strip.
Me, I would go for the HD558, whatever add-on mic I like (Mod-mic?) and a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card. The ATH-AD700X would be good for FPS gaming, but I'm turned off by it's lack of bass (with music and movies).   Also might consider getting this aftermarket cable for the HD558, as the cable comes in one of five lengths. http://www.ebay.com/itm/261255113290?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=560215640802&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
Here is a used Darkvoice on eBay. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Darkvoice-336se-headphone-amp-Excellent-condition-/272296920998?hash=item3f662947a6:g:sgcAAOSwZ1BXezUU   Massdrop will be shipping out the Darkvoice amps on August 2nd. Guessing everyone who ordered one will get them with in a week of them being shipped. A few buyers might not like the sound, so a few of them might go up for sale at that time.
Guessing you have a ground loop. Guess there is a signal traveling between the PC's power cable and the Yamaha's power cable. Are they all plugged into the same surge protector/power strip? Plug the PC and Yamaha power cables each into separate wall plugs.
Play it safe, a use a 3.5mm stereo (mini-jack) to dual 1/4" Mono plug cable. (I'm not an expert on XLR, so can't answer on that)
Should be lots of free programs to do the conversion at Majorgeeks website.
 Setting the computer's audio to 24-bit/96K should not have any negative effect on your 16-bit/44.1K music
Install a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card (get a used one off eBay).
Soundmagic HP150 headphones. Easier to drive then the DT770. Better sounding then the ATH-M50X