Posts by PurpleAngel

FiiO X3K digital audio player is come out really soon ($200?). Would not need to buy any separate DAC/amp, just plug the headphones straight into the X3K. Leave the phone in your pocket (should extend the battery life, between recharges, of your phone).
The Sennheiser HD558 uses the same 50-Ohm driver as the PC360, so for the price of the HD558, you would be replacing your PC360. Should be able to use the HD558 plugged straight into the computer, maybe later on get a E10K or Schiit Fulla or even a Sound Blaster Z sound card. 
 Maybe you can order a longer and shorter versions of both the analog and USB cables.See if the short USB/long analog sounds any better then the long USB/short analog.I'm just hopeful the long USB/short analog will sound just as good as the short usb/long analog connection.I just think the shorter the analog, the less chance of signal interference or signal degradation.
 I know nothing really about Spotify, but it would seem if you want to stream music you would either need to connect to a cell tower, which requires a smart phoneor a Wi-Fi connection, but you can't really use a Wi-Fi connect when on the move.So if you want to stream music audio while on the move, seems like you need to use a modern smart phone.A smartphone will function like a Digital Audio playerI would assume all smart phones only come with one micro-SD slot. If you had...
They are all different in their own way and needs.like the Q701 is more amplifier dependent, while the Audio Technica and GD518 are more amplifier optional.
I would think it's better to have the analog cable as short as possible and get a longer USB cable.   Here is a short 18 inch 3.5mm to RCA analog cable ($1.88). http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021815&p_id=5596&seq=1&format=2   Here is a 18" RCA to RCA analog cable ($2.35) http://www.monoprice.com/Product?c_id=102&cp_id=10218&cs_id=1021814&p_id=5346&seq=1&format=2   Here is a 15ft USB A to Micro 5-pin cable...
 I'm guessing you have a low cost $15-$30 Muse DAC, which I'm guessing has the PCM2704 DAC chip.It's a surprising good 16-bit/44.1k DAC chip, I think I've bough 5 or 6 of those little low cost USB DACs ($13-$19) with the PCM2704 inside.So maybe get the LD MK2 tube amp and plug it into the Muse.Maybe later on get a Schiit Modi DAC ($99) or even a used Bifrost DAC, off eBay.
 I'm not see driver issues with Xonar sound cards and Windows 8.1 (maybe because I use Unified Xonar drivers?)Asus does not write the software drivers for the Xonar sound card, C-Media does, so Asus can't really do much until C-Media does the updates.The last Asus update for the Xonar cards was Jan 2014, which was 15 months ago, which is not great, but it's not that bad either.There may not really be a big need to update the Asus/C-Media software/drivers for Win 8.1,...
 If your really looking into getting into tube rolling, then the Aune T1 would be the better choice.but the NFB-15 has more to offer, like USB, optical and coaxial inputs.USB bypasses the computer's sound card features, while S/PDIF (optical & coaxial) works with the sound card features.The NFB-15 comes with dual DAC chips (WM8741), while the Aune T1 only has one DAC chip.The NFB-15 comes with a separate line-output, which can be used for speakers or you can use the...
 Hopefully you disabled the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, when you installed the DX.Here is some third party driver/software, for the Xonar DX, it's what i like to use.http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/The Asus Xonar DX is a great sound card, expect it's headphone jack is more like a line-output jack, that pretends to also be a headphone output.A FiiO E11K headphone amplifier (60 Euros?) should improve the audio quality of any headphone, over the...