or Connect

Posts by PurpleAngel

I've plugged my 250-Ohm Beyer headphones into the Fulla, no problem driving them.Where did you read about the Fulla only powering up to 32-ohm headphones?
Can't see a good reason for not using the FiiO X5 with whatever IEM or headphone you might get.
 I've plugged 32-Ohm & 40-Ohm headphones into the SB-Z's (22-Ohm) headphone jack.Did not really have any really noticeable issues.I would prefer to plug low impedance headphones into amps with a much lower impedance (then 22-ohms), but still not really an issue with the SB-Z card.
 The DT990 Pro 250-Ohm are strong bass/treble sound, which slightly overshadows the mids, but the mids are clear. I have the Schiit Fulla, lots of power for driving headphones :)
 The SB-Z does not use USB.Both the Fulla and E10K use USB I used a period after the sentence about the SB-Z card.And started a new sentence, when talking about the E10K and Fulla, to show some separation in the thought process.
Is this audio setup for FPS gaming, or more for music? Do you have speakers or studio monitor your planning on using with the PC?   If more for music, then get the Soundmagic HP200 headphones and the Schiit Fulla ($90, USB/DAC/amp). If more for FPS gaming, then the HP200 headphones and a Sound blaster Z sound card.   An Audio interface, like the Scarlett Solo is like an external DAC/amp. Which does not offer any headphone surround sound, like a sound card would.
I would rather use a $20 sound card (Asus Xonar DG) then a USB DAC that comes with headphones. Maybe get a used SB-Z card ($65-$70?) I doubt the gaming headset's USB DAC comes with any "true" headphone surround sound support.   Here are some used ATH-AD700X headphones for a really good price. (current bid is $41) http://www.ebay.com/myb/Summary?MyEbay&gbh=1   Modmic, $50?
The Takstar/Gemini are like the ATH-M50X, but for a better price.
 Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card.Or FiiO E10K or Schiit Fulla, both are USB-DAC/amps. If your into FPS gaming, then get the SB-Z card.If more into music, then get the Schiit Fulla
Bravo Ocean hybrid headphone amplifier. http://www.ebay.com/itm/162165711740?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT   Not sure I would use a tube amplifier for IEMs, would think a solid state amplifier would better (for IEMs).