Posts by PurpleAngel

I've never listened to the Beyer COPS, but it is one of the headphones I thought about buying to use as a portable.Like the idea of adjustable ports.
 Have you tried resetting the E17 to factory defaults. As a long shot, might try changing the USBCHG setting (long shot).
 Energy Speakers seem to have a good rep.You can always double check at AVSforum and AVforum websites.
 Even if you did not install the on-board audio drivers yourself, Windows would have load basic generic drivers for your on-board audio chip-set, maybe even updated those drivers automatically off the Internet.So you still might consider disabling the on-board audio, in the BIOS.If the DT990s seem to offer what you want, then get the DT990s
 I'm fairly sure the RC-10s with a decent amplifier will sound better then the ProMedia 2.1sBut you will lose a bit of the loudness without a sub-woofer (which was fine by me when I replaced my ProMedia 2.1s)
 The Micca MB42X Bookshelf Speakers are unpowered passive speakers, I'm assuming you already have an amplifier to drive them?The Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card ($85) comes with a powered headphone output jack and a separate line-output (for speakers).
You could just get the Audio Technica ATH-AD900X headphones, as they are only 40-Ohms, very easy for the Xonar DG to drive.   If you decide you want 250-Ohm headphones, then get the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card, $85. Comes with a more powerful headphone amplifier, then the Asus U7.  I personally would pick the DT990, over the DT770s.
Check out the Sabre chipped DACs from Hifimediy (Hifimediy Sabre U2 USC DAC, $57+shipping)
 You might look into replacing the two JRC2114 op-amps on the Ti-HDThe LME49720 op-amps are low cost, like $4 each.
The Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card ($85) can drive 250-Ohm headphones.