or Connect

Posts by PurpleAngel

I own the DT990 Pro 250-Ohm and DT990 Premium 600-Ohm.If you can get a good priced on used DT990 600-Ohm, that's in good shape and your will to spending for a decent amplifier, I think there is a noticeable improvement in the bass quality, over the 250-Ohm version. But I might suggest for the Thread Starter to check out the Philips Fidelio series, I've heard they are somewhat like the DT990 series, but as they are only 30-Ohm, do not need much of an amplifier to drive...
 A JBL LSR310S Sub-woofer ($400) will work with the JBL LSR305 studio monitors.Suggest you get a separate DAC (Digital to Analog Converter), that can go between the JBL 305/310S and the computer.Hifimediy has a USB DAC for $65.Schiit has the Modi DAC ($100-$150).Schiit also has the Bifrost DAC, $350.There are lots of DAC that you could buy.Computers come with built in DAC chips, but usually you can add a better DAC, like those listed above. Will also need around $20-$30...
 Hopefully you disabled the motherboard's on-board audio, in the BIOS, when you installed the D2X? The Xonar D2X is already a good DAC, but does not come with what I would call a real headphone amplifier (impedance issues).So getting an external headphone amplifier, to use with the d2X, should improve the audio quality of any headphones you use with the combo.The O2 (Objective 2) headphone amplifier would be nice.The O2 is manufactured by several companies, with slightly...
To really have headphone surround sound, you usually have to start out with a source with 6-channels (5.1) or 8-channels (7.1) of audio.   With music there is such a think as soundstage, it's still 2-chaanel audio. It's like standing in the front of a music concert and you can tell where the instruments are located, on the stage. It not surround sound, as there is no side or rear audio feed, just stuff that would be in front of you (like at a music...
 The Philips Fidelio X2 would work fine being plugged directly into a Mac or PC At a later date you could always try a Schiit Fulla ($79, USB/DAC/amp) with whatever computer you have (Mac or PC).
 I'm guessing your motherboard has a Realtek audio processorand are using Creative's Cinema software that has been ported over for the Realtek processor.
 If Sony put their name on the Gemini HSR-1000, I would think it would sell for over $125.I do not know of anything, in a closed headphone, that would do better then the HSR-1000, for around $100 (USA) or less.I own the Sony MDR-V6, the headphone the 7506 are based on, decent headphone, but never use them.ATH-M50x, bassy headphones and the bass overshadows the mids. You can read and ask questions about them...
By down scaling, do you mean taking your current music files, which I'm assuming were recorded higher then 24-bit/48K? and recording them to 24-bit/48K?   Why even rerecord your music audio? Maybe if you needed to free up storage space?
Gemini HSR-1000, decent bass, $45 at Amazon.
Gemini HSR-1000, $45 at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006Y2BI04/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A241IAO8OWIZ0F   JVC HA-S400, $30 at Amazon http://www.amazon.com/JVC-HAS400B-Nanotube-Headband-Headphones/dp/B008P8EXRU