Posts by PurpleAngel

The ATH-AD900X should offer more bass then the ATH-AD700X.Asus Xonar DG or DGX is a low cost sound card option.
 Cool, thank you.
Any word on when the first batch of KXXs will ship out?
 I seem to be happy with 256k mp3s.I have a few of my all time favorite songs in FLAC (16-bit/44.1k).If your portable audio player can not work with FLAC files, your stuck using mp3s.
 Connect the U7's RCA outputs (red/white) to the line-input (3.5mm?) jack on the O2.This may not give you headphone surround sound, but it's the best connection for sound quality, for use with an add-on amplifier.(you would need to set the Xonar control panel to "2-channel" and "Speaker output") You could also connect the U7's headphone output to the line-input on the O2, you would be able to use the U7's Dolby headphone surround sound, not sure if it would match the RCA...
 It would help to know an over all budget for your audio setup? The speakers your looking into are self-powered studio monitors, so not need for getting a separate speaker amplifier. If all your doing is a 2.0 speaker setup (and no headphones), then you should be able to get away with an external DAC (USB or optical).An external sound card is an external DAC, but with more features, but you might not have any real need for those features. Here are some assorted DACs.I...
 Really do not know anything about the Firestone, but the E10K appears to come with a better DAC chip.The E10K over all DAC feature (PCM5102) might be considered two steps better, then the Firestone's DAC (WM8761). Why your ears hurt, I'm not sure.Hopefully with a better amplifier (E10K), the K612 Pro audio quality will improve and you will be able to listen at a lower volume level and still hear all the music (big guess).
 You can get an external DAC with an optical input and connect it to the optical output on your motherboard.The motherboard's built in audio hardware should be able to send the Creative Cinema processed audio out thru the optical port. I use the Audio-GD NFB-1532, external DAC amp.Here is the slightly newer revision, the NFB-15Comes with USB, optical & coaxial inputshttp://www.audio-gd.com/Pro/Headphoneamp/NFB1532/NFB15.32EN.htm The NFB-15 would cost you around 217 GBP +...
 I use the slightly older model NFB-15.32 and i really like the sound.How is compares to the Maverick D1+, not sure?You should be able to connect the U7, with an optical cable to an external DAC/amp.
 I've heard Foobar2000 can take CD audio and make FLAC files out of them. The website Majorgeeks should have lots of free programs that can take the 16-bit/44.1K audio files off your music CDs and make them into 16-bit/44.1 FLAC audio files.