or Connect

Posts by PurpleAngel

Monoprice 5" studio monitors, $170. http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=605500 Sometimes they go on sale for around $130   Klipsch Promedia 2.1 speakers Should be able to find some used, but in good shape, for under $100 (eBay)   Dayton Audio B652-AIR speakers, $50. http://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-b652-air-6-1-2-2-way-bookshelf-speaker-with-amt-tweeter-pair--300-651 Should be able to find an amplifier for them for around $30.
 Did you max out the volume setting on the iPad and try controlling volume with the O2's volume knob?(turn down the O2 volume control before maxing (or near maxing out) the source (iPad)).It's good to feed the amplifier a strong signal
Israel? If the promised land had been New Zealand, life might have been a little easier for god's chosen people ;)   Me personally, I would take the HD558, over the SHP9500. But i can see others liking the SHP9500's noticeably stronger bass then the HD558.
 Soundmagic HP150 (closed) or HP200 (open) headphones.Might be able to find used ones with in your budget. They have a U shaped sound, not as bad as other U sounding headphones.Currently using my HP200 headphone while listening to Gwen Stefani - Make me like you :)
 Where the Logitech g430 headphones plugged directly into your computer or where you using the USB adapter that comes with the G430 headset?I tell people to max out the volume settings on the source and use the amplifier itself to control volume level. Get a Sound Blaster Z sound card and plug whatever headphones (or Headset) buy into the SB-Z's headphone jack.As the SB-Z comes with a decent (for the price) headphone amplifier. What is your over all budget for sound card...
 They are decent headphones, but around $60-$70 for a used pair, is about as much as I would play for them. I would push you towards the Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) headphones, over the SHP9500, for headphones under $100.
 One of the SMSL DACs only semi-worked coming out of the box.Another stopped working after about 15 minutes of use.
Years ago bought 4 SMSL DAC models, reliability was not that great.   +1 on the Schiit Fulla 
Soundmagic HP200 open headphones.
Soundmagic HP150 (closed) headphones or HP200 (open) headphones.   The HP200 are technically open headphones, are not that open.