or Connect

Posts by PurpleAngel

Might as well just keep one headphone.
 For FPS gaming, get a Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card.Otherwise a FiiO Q1 USB-DAC-amp will do. Here is a nice aftermarket cable for the HD598.http://www.ebay.com/itm/261255113290?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&var=560313338477&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
 Have no idea on how the HD800 is in comparison to other headphones.You might try reading up and asking on this thread.http://www.head-fi.org/t/650510/the-new-hd800-impressions-thread
 The DT880 are considered a bright sounding headphone.I own a well used DT880 Premium 600-Ohm and it is a touch on the bright side.Assuming that currently in general you prefer the sound of the HD600 to the HD880, I doubt the DT880 will have any big improvements (after 100 hour break in) that would make you like them any better then the HD600.Suggest you return the DT880.
 Oops, I missed the part where you said you where using S/PDIF optical for the connection.You had started off listing the specs of your on-board audio (like SNR), so my brain just assumed you were using an analog connection.Looks like your receiver does up to 24/96k (from the specs I could find), not 24/192k (but not a big deal). But as your receiver model came out in 2003, chances are the DACs used were at least a few years old in design, before the receiver even come...
 Estimated shipping date for the K7XX, from Massdrop, is June 21stRed Edition shipping is June 10th.
DT770 Pro 80-Ohm, used with a decent headphone amplifier.
Just plugged my K7XX into my Audio-GD NFB-15, listening to Heavy Metal (Sammy Hager), yep there is bass :)Maybe not enough for a basshead, but enough for most people.
 +1Qveda, So far I've bought two DAC/amp from Audio-GD :)
AKG K7XX are nice open headphones :) A Sound blaster Z sound card (used $60) comes with a half-way decent headphone amplifier.   Or an Asus Xonar DX sound card (used $60), combined with a FiiO A3 (E11K) headphone amplifier ($60).   Are you looking for headphones for FPS gaming? or music? or other?   If more into music, you might consider the Soundmagic HP200 headphones, way easier to drive then the K7XX.