Posts by PurpleAngel

Where in the USA or on eBay, can I find the best price on a power adapter for a JDS O2 headphone amplifier? Or are there any advantages for paying a few extra dollars for a good quality adapter?
I can't find my power adapter for my JDS Labs O2 (Objective 2) headphone amplifier. So i might need to order a new adapter. Where can I get one for the best price? Or does anyone know the specs of the adapter so I can search for the adapter myself? 
 I'm going to guess(?) that the Asus Xonar U3 is dependent on it's software to be able to fully function.I would guess some of the U3's features are processed by the computer's main CPU, before the audio is sent thru the U3's USB connection.And I would assume there is no Xonar U3 software written for gaming consoles. But I'm all for someone trying your idea with a U3, an optical/USB converter and gaming consoles.
 Fried from Fry's?You really have to screw up to be fired from Fry's. The sales people at Fry's that made the most money would only sell try to sell the stuff with the biggest commissions and not necessarily what would be best for the customer. 
 I can't think of anything better then the AKG K545, for what your looking for in a headphone.It would be helpful to know that make and model of your Win PC's motherboard?A motherboard (or sound card) would need to have DDL (Dolby Digital Live), for the Mix-amp's headphone surround sound feature, to work with your PC.The Asus Xonar DG ($20-$30) or DGX ($30-$40) sound card, would be a low costing sound card, that would come with Dolby Headphone surround sound(So no need to...
 Yes, the Titanium-HD can send processed CMSS-3D headphone surround sound thru it's RCA outputs.
 I would guess the ATH-AD900X would offer good music quality and do fairly well with FPS gaming.What sources will you be plugging the headphones into? Sennheiser HD558s if you want to save some cash (not as musical as the AD900Xs).
Is this amp or DAC/Amp something you would be using with both the iMac and iPhone?
Really about the only way to connect an iPhone 5 to a FiiO E11 is with the 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male cable.
 The Essence STX & STX II and SB-ZxR all come with a better DAC chip and headphone amplifier, then the SB-Z. (Technically with the STX, STX II & ZxR, their DACs are virtually identical and they all use the same TI 6120A2 headphone amplifier chip). Personally, I would be looking for a used Essence STX (I prefer Asus Xonar cards). The SB-Z for it's price is a good value and can easily drive 250-Ohm headphones. The Schhit Modi (optical) DAC with the Schhit Magni makes a good...