Posts by PurpleAngel

What headphones are you using?
In the title you have NVX APT100, but I believe you mean NVX Audio XPT100 I own the Brainwavz HM5 version.   As these are for your Galaxy and iPod, your looking for headphones that are portable?
 I have the AD700s, which I never use, I prefer my Sennheiser HD558s over my AD700, as the HD558 have more bass, not a lot more bass, but at least more then the AD700.And used HD558 are selling for under $100. Here is a replacement cable ($18-$26) for the Senn HD558 that comes with a 3.5mm plug, and comes in 5 different lengths.http://www.ebay.com/itm/261255113290?_trksid=p2060778.m1438.l2649&var=560313338477&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
For a gaming console get an Astro Mix-amp, maybe find a good deal on a used one. For the PC, get an Asus Xonar DG or DGX sound card.   Sennheiser HD558 headphones will work with the Astro and the Xonar.   Pick whatever add-on mic you like.
 $250 + $20 for the TCXO upgrade is $270, I just liking posting the price with the upgrade..
 USB bypasses sound card features, S/PDIF (optical & coaxial) works with sound card features.
 I'm guessing the clarity and detail in the audio will win you over.
 I found my T70 yesterday and plugged it  into my NFB-15.32, sounded very nice.
What would be your budget for a DAC? Maybe somewhere between $15 and $300?   For the price, I would think the Bravo is fairly decent at driving 250-Ohm Beyers.
 It is though that the more voltage used, the better control over the diaphragm, and so having more impedance requires more voltage to function. From my understanding, high impedance headphones work well in a music studio, something about it making it easier to plug in a lot of headphones into something, or some such thing.Also high impedance headphones work well with main stream (mass market) A/V receivers, as their headphone output usually have a high output impedance...