Posts by PurpleAngel

Did you disable the motherboard's on-board audio? in the BIOS, when you installed an add-on internal sound card. It's the analog section of the sound card what picks up the EMI interference.So using an external DAC/Amp, connected (digitally with optical or coaxial), to the current sound card, should solve the EMI noise issue.
 Did you buy 2 (4 chips) or 3 (6 chips) of these LME49990 pre-soldered op-amps? On the Essence STX there is a white line around the op-amp socket, on one end there is a "V" notch.And on the soldered op-amps, there is a while rectangular outline on top of the adapter, with a "U" shaped notch (looks more like a cut in half O).You want to V and the U to be next to each other, when you install the newer op-amps Unless you have an op-amp extraction device, I'm assuming you will...
Does the CD player have a volume control? normally you would want to set the source's volume to between 75% to 100% It's not that the headphones are too easy to drive, the Schiit Magni with it's low impedance (>1-Ohm) headphone output, is designed to work with your current headphones, that are 32-Ohm, 50-Ohm, 63-Ohms.If the Magni is defective, then that might be causing the current issue. Your welcome to try a different headphone amplifier, FiiO E11K ($60) or O2 ($130)...
 I really know zero about VST Instruments and Quantum Leap Pianos, but they appear to be software packages.So I'm not understanding why they would not work with an external DAC/amp?As having an external DAC/Amp does not really change any internal processing on the computer.
 The DT990s are more full bass & full treble, mids are clear, but a little overshadowed.I own the AKG K242HD and K550s, so I can only roughly guess the AKG K7XX series sound, which I guess has good mid range, and bass and treble are not blasting like the DT990s.
 I'm fairly sure the Fatality is not a rebranded Titanium-HD, but they should be about equal for CMSS-3D, but the Titanium-HD offers better audio quality.If your big on vocals in music, then the AKG's might be the better choice, over the DT990s You could daisy chain an external headphone amplifier ($60-$130) to the Fatality, then use whichever headphone you finally pick. Replace the Fatality with a Sound Blaster Z ($84), maybe get the Q701(?)Choice on headphone surround...
 The 40-Ohm AD900X will not work well with a receiver's headphone output, because of the receiver headphone output's high impedance.What is the make and model of the receiver? The 250-Ohm and 600-Ohm headphones would do better with the receiver's headphone output.The 62-Ohm AKG's might(?) work well with the receiver, depending on how old the receiver is?
 I'm assuming you no longer have the HD555 and HD598 headphones? I'm of the opinion that the Xonar DX, with it's CS4398 DAC chip works well with an external headphone amplifier.O2 is $129Schiit Magni is $99FiiO E11K is $60 Get the (50-Ohm) Sennheiser HD558 headphones, $110-$123 and any add-on mic you like Maybe even sell off your Xonar DX for the Sound Blaster Z sound card, $84 (which comes with a mic and pair it with the HD558).The SB-Z comes with a decent headphone...
Here is a better price (18 Euros) on the DT770 Velour ear pads.http://www.thomann.de/gb/beyerdynamic_dt770_ohrpolster.htm The pads sold out of China are fairly decent, for the price, but the name brand pads should have a better feel.
 How about a Digital Audio player that can store FLAC file on a Micro-SD card(s) and and can play FLAC files (like the FiiO X1 I'm testing right now).All you would need to do is plug in your current headphones.