or Connect

Posts by PurpleAngel

I looked at some of the reviewers other videosHe starts drinking at 9:30AM in the morning.I think he is big on vocals, where as the HP200 is more of a bass/treble headphone (slightly U shaped sound), but to me the HP200 mids are just fine the way they are.He does not like the Beyer T90, which is normally my preferred headphone (and I've bought about 30 headphones in the past 5 years).I bought the HP200 a few months back and I think there are among best you could get for...
 My HTC ONE M8 phone can drive my HP200 to a decent volume, with the volume control on the HTC set to around 75%
 The 32-Ohm DT880 is not consider to do it's best unless used with a decent headphone amplifier.Even thou it's listed as only 32-Ohm, it a little more power demanding then the DT880 250-Ohm.http://www.head-fi.org/t/513393/guide-sonic-differences-between-dt770-dt990-models-more
 Luckily I bought a used HTC One M8 a few months back.To drive my 32-Ohm Soundmagic HP200 to a decent volume (for my ears), the HTC needs to have the volume set to around 75%To drive my 250-Ohm Beyer T90 to a decent volume, need to run volume setting to around 85%-90%.Guess the HTC ONEs headphone jack amp is roughly about equal to a $24 FiiO E6 headphone amplifier.I'm finding my HTC ONE to make a very decent music player. I normally listen to music (256K mp3) on my PC,...
 I own the Beyer DT880 (250-Ohm & 600-Ohm).(currently own 6 Beyer headphones)I also own the Senn HD558 (same driver as the HD598).Guess i've bought around 20 to 30 headphones in the past five years.But one of my three most preferred headphones is the Soundmagic HP200 (open) headphones.My other two most preferred headphones are the Beyer T70 and Beyer T90. Guess the Soundmagic HP200 sound wise is somewhere between the DT880 and DT990.
 Any headphone that comes with a mic, is usually referred to as a headset.So you really looking at getting a headset. You can get Creative's SBX Headphone surround sound software, it will work with your motherboard's on-board audio.There is also Razors software.Not sure you can get Dolby Headphone without having to buy an external sound card.Both Creative (Go) and Asus (U3) offer external sound cards starting at around $40. About Dolby Headphone or Creative's SBX headphone...
 Check out the Soundmagic HP150 (closed) headphones.As they are only 32-Ohm, very easy to drive.
Guessing the Alienware can easily drive both the 50-Ohm G4ME ZERO and 30-Ohm Revolver   Might also check out the Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) headphones.   If you willing to budget a little more, check out the Soundmagic HP150. I'm guessing their are at least roughly equal to the G4ME ZERO or HyperX Cloud Revolver for gaming. And I'm fairly sure the HP150 would sound better, then the other two.   Not sure exactly what audio hardware the Alienware 17.r3 comes...
 I can easily understand the $400 X7 offering better audio quality, then the $80 SB-Z card.(the X7 having better DAC and op-amps)Can't understand how the X7 could offer better headphone surround sound?Not sure what hardware could be added to the X7, for improving surround sound?Or could the improved audio quality itself that make the surround sound noticeably better?
I would assume when a Blu-ray player decodes the disk's audio tracks (6 or 8 channels) and downsamples then into just two channels, it's stereo audio, not Dolby Headphone or "Dolby" stereo, just basic 2-channels of PCM audio. The Blu-ray player could bitstream, send the encoded audio tracks (up to 6-channels) straight from the disk directly to the S/PDIF (optical or coaxial).But an external DAC would not normally have a way of decoding bitstream audio, so could not get...