or Connect

Posts by Quinoa

I've been enjoying my stock T20v2 with 840 pads, especially with classical music. I got them as a gift 25 years ago and only recently realized they're better than any of the other headphones I own. I even like them more than the Shure SRH-840.   Can anyone recommend a mod to improve the midrange? I'm happy with the treble, and the muddy bass doesn't bother me much for classical music, but the mids sound congested, especially vocals. I've skimmed this massive thread but...
96dB/mW But I don't know what that means. Does it suggest they would be hard to drive?
Thanks. The T20v2 are surprisingly hard to drive for 50 Ohm headphones. I'm thinking the X3ii might be an affordable all-in-one solution, as a DAP/DAC/amp.
I have the Fostex T20v2 (unmodded but with Shure pads). It's got an impedance of 50 Ohms. Will the X3 ii drive them well? I barely get enough volume out of my Macbook Pro.
I have the Fostex T20v2 (unmodded but with Shure pads). It's got an impedance of 50 Ohms. Do you think the X3 ii would drive them well? I barely get enough volume out of my Macbook Pro.   edit: Sorry, just realized this is the X3 version 1 thread.
I've been a dedicated PX-100 (original version) user for the last 5 years, but the left side started cutting in and out last week. The price has gone up to around $80 now, I guess because Sennheiser stopped making them (big mistake!), having replaced them with the PX-100 II. So I decided to try the Portapro, which sells for $30.   My first impression is that they don't sound entirely different from the PX-100, which is great. After a few hours, I can say that the...
Just got a uDAC today, which I'm using with my trusty PX100 (1st generation). The pairing is excellent. The combination of the PX100's warmth and smoothness with the uDAC's detail and crispness is beautiful. I wasn't sure whether I would hear much of a difference from my MacBook audio jack, but the difference is actually huge. I didn't know the PX100 could sound so detailed and tight.   I highly recommend the uDAC/PX100 combo as a budget system. I've been satisfied...
Quote: Originally Posted by scompton Take off the pad and check for a hair on the diaphragm. I've read many times that this can cause buzzing. That was it! I had looked under the pad earlier but didn't notice that there were a few hairs there. I removed them with tweezers and now the buzzing seems to be gone. Thanks so much. I was afraid I would have to buy a new pair.
My 4 year old PX100s recently started buzzing/rattling in the left ear. Certain notes trigger the buzz, and particularly lower-end notes. The sound seems fine otherwise – the buzz is just on top of the normal sound. I've heard of this problem before, but couldn't find anything on Head-Fi about it. Does anyone have any insight? Is there a known fix?
Sold for $160 + shipping.