Posts by Solude

Always use the lowest gain possible regardless of iem or headphone.  Higher noise floor is never beneficial ;) Personally always use Comply one size up from what "seals".  So for me medium seals so I use large so that it seals really well even if I move around.  Once warm they exert nearly no force unlike the Shure olives.
They do not. The M11 has differential inputs so single ended or balanced in is balanced out.
 They don't.  The W60 is shall we say an acquired taste. 
 Would add that more costly doesn't always translate to more performance.  Many of my gains have come going down in cost.  Nothing quite as fun as getting an upgrade and putting money INTO the bank at the same time ;)
 One cable goes to the 4pin and then continues to the 1/4".  Any change in sound would be placebo.
Optional sure.  Replace as default no.  4ft is too short for mobile use, 6ft is ideal for home.  5ft is a good compromise if there is only one choice.
Little over two year old Shure SE846 Clear in good condition for sale. Includes the original box, packaging, cases, documents, filters, tips, accessories and cables.   Asking $500USD shipped to North America. I accept PayPal and EMT, no fee. The Shure SE846 is boxed and will ship the same day payment clears.   NOTE: A tiny crack formed in the left ear piece that was repaired with epoxy.  No impact on function, seal or sound but it is visible as the epoxy is not clear and...
Little under one month old Audio-GD DAC-19 w/ DSP V7 & Amanero Combo384 in mint condition for sale. Includes the original box and jumpers. Asking $600USD shipped to North America. I accept PayPal and EMT, no fee. The Audio-GD DAC-19 is boxed and will ship the same day payment clears. NOTE:  Will include the ACSS cable if someone wants it for $15USD.
Little under one month old Audio-GD C-2 11th AE w/ dual 1/4" jacks in mint condition for sale. Includes the original box and jumpers.   Asking $350USD shipped to North America. I accept PayPal and EMT, no fee. The Audio-GD C-2 11th AE is boxed and will ship the same day payment clears.   NOTE:  Will include the ACSS cable if someone wants it for $20USD.
If the input was just right to get maximum power when the volume was at 100% and you increase gain... the maximum power will be reached before you get to 100% volume.  The advantage is if you have a lot of low output sources, classical, and a headphone that really needs all the power that the M11 can deliver.  Hence why it is referred to as the HE-6 mod.  While an IEM typically needs 0.01mW to play at 90dB the HE-6 needs 20mW.  For another data point the HD800 needs all of...