or Connect

Posts by jant71

Looks like the 9LTD may just eat the R2A there   If I stuck with the Sony sound, something like the R2A or Pro would work but with the Xuelin, the 9LTD would be the choice. Less bass, brighter, and lighter note weight is what the 770C will add to the CKR for the perfect end result. Doubling up on that esp. w/o a warm amp is really not what I'm going for. All about the recipe though both are quite good earphones but different. Plus the R2 sound seems to resemble the...
http://www.complyfoam.com/customwraps
Yes, very nice!   I was pretty sure the CKX would win when I started reading :) Solid phone that gets little attention and sometimes drops to really good prices here in the US.   Does the CKS77X have a thick screen in the front of the nozzles? Always thought they might and they could be removed to give them some more air, clarity and help the balance a bit more.
Cheaper and not as good as the 10mm driver. Driver size means little. FX3X should still be better, FX11X/FX33X, should be better. Elation with a 10mm driver is better and about triple the price.   Fine if you can use the phone controls and the price is cheap but I wouldn't expect any kind of upgrade. They just seem the FX102 equivalent with a mic. A small improvement over the FX101 most likely and still slotted below and cheaper than the FR301.
I haven't heard the Fidue either but I doubt it would be more headphone sounding or have the better bass vs. the 9LTD. My thought process anyhow :)
Yep...
Lots more going on then just the bore size. The material, firmness, the shape of the tips, even the length etc. can contribute. A wide bore tip that is longer and seals deeper and better can give as much or more bass than some narrow bore tips. Some wide bore tips have more bass and some narrow tips have more bass. Even my treble accenting tips are Klipsch tips which have a smaller bore than many others. Of course the YMMV applies so the general rule of thumb is probably,...
 No it shouldn't be. Supposed to be on a similar general performance level. Based on the comments made about the X1/E11K combo being right there with the X3 original by those who had both. I had and know the X1/E11K and 770C are close so it seems to be the case. Though that brings in preference. Things close in technical level start become preferred by the signature they have. The warmer FiiO X3 or the 770C's more neutral would start to win on a personal taste basis for...
The Elation are "premium club sound" and the XX non-elation series are "extreme bass" so the smoothness and better balance would seem to be the difference in the tuning. The Elation aren't truly basshead in amount like Xtreme. Elation should have the better extension as well. Pretty sure they had iphone/ipad in mind when tuning so not surprised they work better with less coloring in the source signature. Holds true with my E300 and770C. Not as good with my S639 which has a...
Smooth, dark, slower, and where's the treble is what you will say vs. the FXH30 most likely. I ended up taking the front screens out as they are really a bit too dark and mellow for me unless paired with a neutral player. Depends what your pairing them with and they needs some hours on them and some tip rolling and see what you get and how you like it. Not the Titan 1 or FXH as far as signature being an "XX".