Posts by nicholars

No the clicking noise is normal... it is the relay switch when it connects to something... But the point is that it is disconnecting for no reason approx once every 2 hours... I cannot find out why!!!!
 What would be the best cheap option? I don't really want to spend £100 on that, it is really annoying... about once every hour or sometimes 5 hours, sometimes more than once an hour... my dac will make the clicking noise as it disconnect and reconnect. I cannot find out why it is doing it and it is really irritating me! I think it is probably something to do with my PC but do you think the dac could be faulty?
Can anyone list some possible causes? I have already spent too long trying to fix this and my next step will be returning the dac and trying another one.   Have tried :   replace usb cable power settings usb suspend / power settings reinstall dac drivers logging DPC latency and removing the prog with spike of 4000ms which was the intel USB 3 drivers... still didn't work currently trying not using speedstep on CPU which does seem to be working but not sure...
Is it normal for an async USB dac to disconnect / USB dropout approx once every few hours?   I have tried a lot of things and it still does this... It will disconnect / reconnect a few times a day...   Is this normal with USB dacs? Or do I have a problem with my DAC or computer?   Thanks
 I find the D1050 is the best sounding thing I have used with headphones, if your headphones are under 150ohm should be ideal, unless you want bright and super detailed.
Anyone?? Need some help plz this is irritating me... Thanks
Hello,   I have a NAD D1050, I am happy with the sound and have it connected via USB, my PC has a Haswell 4690k CPU which I think has the USB controllers on the CPU ... so when i read guides saying "putasync DAC on seperate USB hub" I am not sure this applies...   My problem is that approx once every 3 hours the DAC will disconnect and reconnect for a second, and make the clicking noise of the relay as it disconnects and reconnects to the signal. This can be annoying...
To be honest the combo of the 1540 + D1050 is end game for me (unless I have loads of money at some point and buy some Audeze, if they release some lighter and more comfortable headphones) the D1050 +1540 sounds very very good, the D1050 makes the 1540 very punchy and the mids are more forward than Xonar STX, nice punchy bass and close to perfect treble, very good soundstage and imaging for closed headphones, not slow either like HD650 for example.   Maybe this is why I...
I asked NAD about the power of the headphone amp, I got this reply if anyone is interested, it is quite a powerful amp with low impedance headphones, not as good for high impedance...   Maximum Power, 32 ohms: 1.2W RMS per channel Maximum Power, 50 ohms: 0.80 RMS per channel Maximum Power, 300 ohms: 145mW RMS per channel Maximum Power, 600 ohms: 100mW RMS per channel   That means I am getting about 1w with my 46ohm Shure 1540's it does sound powerful and more than loud...
 I use NAD D1050 and found it a good upgrade to the STX, although I have not A/B it so I could be imagining it, but I am pretty sure it sounds better, more midrange and smoother treble. Turning the volume up on the D1050 amp also makes them more punchy sounding. I don't have any urge to upgrade anymore really, this combo sounds either great or good enough with everything I use it for... also surprisingly very good with games and usable for general usage like youtube videos...