Posts by nicholars

They are so damn comfortable I cannot bring myself to change them. I realised about an hour ago that the TV was quieter then noticed I still had the headphones on about an hour after stopped listening to them haha.
 I got them in new condition for £300 anyway :D At that price I am happy with them, at £400 I would still like them but feel like they bit overpriced.
They should sell them without a cable and spare pads for £300, then you can buy new pads or cables as needed, so yes these headphones cost £400 but do have £100 worth of accessories. Would be better if they sold for £300 with no extras then they would seem better value.
Sorry I keep repeating myself I feel the need to bump the thread as americans do not seem to buy many Shure products and I think they should.
 Yes the comfort and can use them for anything, well built, sound good enough to enjoy any music.. and the faults they have are minor compared to other headphones at similar price. I would like more forward midrange and better bass definition, but overall the midrange is not even that recessed and the bass still sounds good. They just sit there on your head and are almost more comfortable than not having anything on.
If the 1540 had more forward midrange I doubt they would be able to have a good soundstage like they do, I have never heard closed headphones with forward mid and a good soundstage at the same time.
 I am relaxed... Just saying a small amount of EQ can sometimes make headphones sound much better, but it is a bit stupid IMO when people refuse to EQ out of principle when it does not actually reduce the sound quality other than lowering the volume of certain frequencies. Try playing music with a flat EQ enabled and disabled, enabling EQ makes ZERO difference to sound quality... And changing frequencies makes little / no reduction in sound quality.
 It is a good all rounder, the mids are not that bad and vocals sound pretty good to me tbh (heard better but they are not bad at all), as I said with some recordings you can EQ the treble to make the mids more forward... Anyway lets not discuss it any more!
My sansa clip+ is dying and I think I will get a phone to use as an MP3 player... Not sure I want an iphone as I don't like them, so what other phones in the £100-200 price range have good sound quality and a 3.5mm jack? Something as good or better than the clip+?   Thanks
For example the "no EQ mentality"...   SRH 1540 are all round very good... The treble peak can be annoying sometimes and mid can sound too far back compared to the treble peak.... "no EQ mentality" would be "right ok I am selling the headphones and spending 2-3x the amount to fix that".... OR You could just have one flat EQ and one with a small reduction at 10-12khz.... This will give you zero / almost zero reduction in sound quality... Simply reducing the volume of that...