Posts by nicholars

Yes you have a good point. Was just looking for any direct comparisons, but will probably not buy one ATM as the old STX is not too bad.
My headphones are about 46ohm impedance, a DAC/AMP I am looking at lists the power output of the headphone amp as "Heaphone Power 50mW/32 ohm", these seems rather low to me, probably even lower than my Xonar STX? Should I look for something more powerful even for high sensitivity headphones? (shure SRH1540)
 Yes they are "fun" headphones but also would not be too out of place as professional reference headphones, especially with lowering 9-11khz by about 3db they "hit the spot" of being in the middle of "reference" and "fun", HE400 were too sibilant and upper midrange too far back (also very heavy and not comfortable), D2000 were good for electronic but not much else and too sibilant / metallic treble, HD650 are good but too slow and boring for a lot of music, SRH 1540 are...
Don't think I will bother trying the PSB M4U2 to be honest after owning these for a few days...   These headphones are so damn comfortable, I had them on last night for about 8 hours and its like you have nothing on your head, in fact they are actually more comfortable than having nothing on your head due to the build quality and very nice alcantera pads....   Sound quality they are just great at everything, electronic music sounds excellent with a perfect balance of...
 Yeh I have looked at them before, TBH I think I will just keep the SRH 1540, the treble annoys me slightly but I think that is because of the headphone amp I am using (xonar STX), if I use them out of my NAD 326BEE headphone jack they sound smoother, but then pretty much most headphones annoy me for sibilance except for the HD650 and other dark headphones, these SRH1540 give very good treble detail / extension while being bearable for sibilance at the same time, which is...
Anyone compared these to the Shure SRH 1540?   Build quality and comfort are not going to be as good as the 1540 but what about the sound? Are the PSB brighter / more sibilant compared to the shures? Do the PSB have more sub bass? Also is the soundstage good, the NAD HP50 I tried were not as good as the Shures for the soundstage I am guessing the PSB will be similar... I cannot decide if I should keep the SRH 1540, which are generally very good but the treble irritates...
Has anyone tried both of these and could give me an idea of what the differences are, I just got some SRH 1540 and I like them a lot but I am not sure if I should try out the PSB m4U2 as they have so many good reviews etc.   Which is best in following areas : Best sub bass / bass, best midrange, best treble (least sibilance, most detailed, which one is the brightest between these 2?), best imaging, largest soundstage etc etc.   Would not want any less bass and...
I have had the Xonar STX for a couple of years, its good for the money and the RCA output seems very good but I have a feeling that the headphone amp on them is not really getting the best out of my headphones, every pair of headphones I have used with the Xonar STX, always sound decent but a bit  harsh sounding treble, I have read this quite a few times from other people as well so I am thinking of getting a DAC, I have owned other external DAC's before and noticed subtle...
 It might help but I don't have any balanced equipment.
My speakers do not make any noise at all during normal use, eg. on desktop or web etc. And the headphone output on STX is 100% noise free. They only buzz when playing 3D games with sound through the RCA outs > amp > speakers, the graphics card makes a buzzing noise during 3D load, which on its own is not noticeable unless you put your ear behind the computer and I think most / all GTX 970's buzz because I went through 4 cards and they all buzzed. The only problem is the...