Posts by schugh

Same here. I seem to get about 7.5 hours.
Depending on headphones and volume, I've had as little as 5 hours and the most 7 hours using the hd-usb input. I don't listen loud.Quite disappointing actually and there seems to be very little talk about battery life.I had E-mailed chord about it and this is the reply I received: "The battery life depends on the input, the listening level and the impedance of the headphones. USB uses the most power so 6-7 hours at moderate listening levels is about right" The reason for...
On a side note is someone able to explain something to me. Perhaps if Rob Watts reads this post he might be able to explain. I have the Chord Hugo and another desktop DAC. I am using JRiver media center with WASAPI for both the DACs.   With the Chord Hugo, the Windows System Volume has no effect. I can change the Windows System Volume all day and it has not effect on the volume and playback through the Hugo. The other DAC does not bypass the Windows System Volume. I...
But when you are using WASAPI and exclusive mode isn't it supposed to bypass the Windows Volume?
My dealer e-mailed me and said apparently there is a new AQ Cinnamon Micro USB cable with a smaller connector that fits the Hugo and would exchange it for me. Off course he e-mailed me after I'd already butchered mine to make it fit!     For those that are looking for a usb cable, You may want to investigate.   -- Sanjay
I just chipped off about a 1/2 mm deep from the top and bottom of the AQ Cinnamon connector with an x-acto knife. :) Doesn't look pretty but it fits very nicely now. In fact it makes a very nice assuring click sound when it fits. It's late and I am now going to listen to it with my newly acquired Grado PS1000. :)
Damn, I wish I had caught the posts that mentioned the AudioQuest Cinnamon cable not fitting. I just bought one today and tried to plug it in only it wouldn't! And I have the new case to boot.   Seriously I don't care how good the DAC is. The casework on this is a complete POS and failure. For the price you would think they would have put some more thought into it.   At the same time though why the heck did AQ make the connector so thick on the cable! I'm sure it...
I decided to take advantage of the sales my local dealers are having on Grado. I picked up a PS1000 for < $1200 with all taxes included. It was their demo model from April but hardly used. Unfortunately I didn't notice until today there are some scratches on the right ear piece. Oh well.   I've had the PS500 for a couple of years.   The PS1000 sound great. I listened to the new West Side Story recording from the San Francisco Symphony with them today. They were...
http://chordelectronics.co.uk/chord-faq.asp#7 -- Sanjay
Which CIEMS are you using and which input?With my Shure 846 I get about 7 hours using the HD-USB input before the flashing red light.With my Senn. HD800 I got about 7.5 hours before the flashing red light.Both time playing the same music CD quality flac files and the volume at what I would listen to. i.e. not high but with the 800 the volume setting was off course higher than with the 846. I sent an e-mail to Chord and they said probably 6-7 hours is correct as the USB...