Posts by HiFlight

Are you using an OTG cable? Having never owned an iPod, I can't speak for it, but the D-Zero MkII works just fine with my LG G2 via OTG USB.
The D14 screws require a T-5 Torx bit. The circuit board is very heavily populated and has some nice shielding for control of RF. I will post a photo when I have a chance to disassemble it again. The opamps used in the amplifier section have the lettering removed, so iBasso wishes them to be kept confidential.EDIT:Below are photos of the top and bottom of the D14 circuit board. As one can see, it is very densely populated on both sides. A very nicely designed...
I use a Linux OS (Xubuntu 14.04) on my desktop computer and my D14 works perfectly with it. The sound opens up very nicely after about 20 hours.
Several observations... No start-up thump but click is present on shutdown. Black background Best rendition of brushes I have heard Expansive headstage Precise imaging and sense of space Excellent dynamics Scales up VERY well
I have for sale my PF-IX IEM's. These phones are in mint condition and provide an almost holographic SQ. The Piano Forte series are not all-arounders, but for jazz, acoustic and vocals, they are amazing. The phones and included carry case are flawless both functionally and cosmetically. Shipping is free within the Conus but please add $20 unless payment is via "gift". Please feel free to check my feedback and thanks for reading!
Actually I was using my DX90 coax output as a source for the D14. I can make some better SQ comparisons after I get some hours accumulated on the D14. I can say that out of the box, it doesn't need to be ashamed of its performance when compared to the DX90. I think ultimately, it will be pretty close to the v.2.2 SQ. With all of the input and output options, it is a more flexible device than is the DX90. With the silicone cover on my 90, they are nearly the same...
The MG6Pro has a more open sound and a larger soundstage. This might be the reason that the G10 strikes me as having more bass amplitude. I felt pretty much the same about the Ref.1.The one genre that I think the G10 does well is Classical but with recordings that are compressed and recorded at a high loudness level the bass is unnaturally prominent. Sadly, more and more recordings are released with this type of narrow dynamic range.
I have for sale a set of the new Future Sonics G-10 in-ear monitors. I have used them for approximately 10 hours, but have decided that the bass is just too much for my tastes. They are in "as new" condition with all of the original accessories, tips and packaging. If you like bass, these phones are for you. The mids and highs are excellent, with no bass intrusion into the lower mids. The phones are very lightweight, but appear to be very durable. They pretty much...
I have for sale a set of the new Future Sonics G-10 in-ear monitors. I have used them for approximately 10 hours, but have decided that the bass is just too much for my tastes. They are in "as new" condition with all of the original accessories, tips and packaging. If you like bass, these phones are for you. The mids and highs are excellent, with no bass intrusion into the lower mids. The phones are very lightweight, but appear to be very durable. They pretty much...
Sadly I have decided that the SQ of the G10 is just too bass-heavy for my tastes, so will place them for sale in the F.S. forum.