Posts by Duncan

Late to the party as always but picked up a pair of these today, mated with the Sony MDR-Z1000 cable, almost exactly what I've been looking for - a breath of fresh air compared to the LCD2
not supposed to try to lure me into more purchases!That being said, if the X2 is more than just a cosmetic refresh of the X1 you'll probably see me at the front of the queue!Only reason I didn't jump earlier was the tonal coloration on the L1 not being to my liking.Happy times for all things Hugo
After an annoying setback yesterday, I now have in my possession a pair of Philips Fidelio X1, and whilst far from scientific (on a train at a quiet volume so as not to annoy other passengers) seems that these paired with Hugo are much more to my taste than the LCD2 that I've been using... Looking forward to getting home and trying then out properly.
Seems that there must be an audiophile working on first great western in the UK... I like the bose bashing! 😉
Now I'm even more confused, so you have two dac/amps, and - no source?...This really probably belongs in a different thread!?Additionally, you haven't seemingly liked the LCD2 since the day you received them - a post of yours from the day you received them......and you received the Hugo on the same day, so - as I said, looks like you're aiming for something that the LCD2s just do not want to do, if they distort when you pump your bass into them - I am not going to respond...
No. it will not, all you are doing is adding another link to the chain...Let's try a different tangent - the bassiest headphones I've ever had the pleasure of hearing (when driven well) were a pair of Philips M1 headphones - listening to the canons at the end of the 1812 overture at high volume, they literally moved air (bounced away from my head, NOT recommended!) - these can easily be bought with the budget you have in mind for the amp, and can easily be powered by the...
No, I cannot - and it seems that no matter who tries to convince you, you cannot see that...Some things just do not work together (going back to my wine & beaker analogy)... All I can do is point you in the direction of this thread, and wish you well in your quest...
Agreed - before I sold my iPhone 5S on Friday to fund a Nokia 930 (don't mock me, wanted to try WP8!), there was nothing at all wrong with the Onkyo HF player, infact - I quite liked the fact that you could use it as an upscaler
That budget to me is still a bit pointless, too low - like drinking a fine wine from a plastic beaker......Even completely ignoring the Hugo (ironic, in a Hugo thread) the budget you have isn't enough to fully exploit the potential of the Audeze, so - I implore you to reconsider - why bother flogging a dead horse, if you like the SE846 and Hugo combination, look at selling the LCD2, and with the money gained from that sale, plus the $2-300 you have quoted you can lay down...
until iOS8 comes out, the only way to get high-res out is via the CCK, also to be fair, I do not believe that the Hugo is 'Apple certified' so will not accept native Apple signals (via lightning) anyway.