Posts by Duncan

Don't listen to them out of the Chord Hugo (I believe that is where they'll be plugged in)... That is a whole different ballgame / wallet emptying experience
Price drop
Still available - price drop
It feels somewhat like I'm cheating on my partner when I say this - Had the IE800 for a year, used exclusively, and apart from cable issues (noise, stiffness, and now splitting), loved them - however, had the SE846 for three weeks now, and the treble that I used to love (and you do too - hence me quoting you) I've realised is far too sharp, and I'm going to say a word that any IE800 lover will dispute - sibilant (or, I suppose - more accurately, as said, sharp)...It is...
Noticed something today - had the Hugo on charge, so took out my Note 4 and TF10, first track played great, then the next one, the first note sounded fine, but - then the tone went all tinny and nasty, same for the next track, but then all was fine with the next one... As such, I'm wondering if those experiencing a nasty tone are using low impedance 'phones that could be forcing the phone into low power usage mode or suchlike... Never had any such issue with the IE800...
Am I missing a trick here, I'm up to the PayPal page, and it is still trying to charge me money... Has the offer now expired? [Edit, yes - I see it has ]
@jelt2359 Thank you for saving me some money Judging by your sound ratings on both the OP and the one above this, it shows that to your ears the SE846 hold their own against their peers, which keeps both my ears, and - probably more importantly, my wallet - very happy...
@moedawg140 Sorry, yes - I'm referring to getting replacement filters... I suppose it doesn't matter if I alter / trash the ones I'm least likely to use, but - would definitely hamper resale value (and completeness of set)... If it is purely a case of taking the foam out, and putting it somewhere safe, and then using tweezers to put it back in, then I suppose it isn't exactly rocket science... Might be a quick five minute pet project over the coming days whilst I'm sat...
Hearing is believing Not sure about modding the black filters myself, as I have no idea how to get more...
Okay, I've skipped some pages, but registered on fiio.net for hopeful early access