or Connect

Posts by Duncan

likewise...
Interesting, not used ATTO before, seems my nVME gets close to where it should be...
Oh, for those that go to the overclocks forum, and might see a post by me there, the head-Fi version of my plight is the truth, there, I didn't want to have a super dumb (to them) first post, so changed reality slightly lol
Well, after finding out my newer Strix 980Ti is nobbled (does what it says on the tin, but not a lot more!) I did a stupid thing and flashed BOTH cards with Asus Matrix roms... Oops... Never trust that something has the same part number I guess is the lesson for today! For 24hrs I thought I'd bricked the best part of £1200 worth of cards, but with a bit of time and patience I was able to reflash and all is good... Reinstalled windows 10 and it all seems happier now...
Hmm... I hate Windows 10... So, I now have 980ti SLI setup - and, when booting up, right click function doesn't work, and windows pop up blank - the only way to fix this is to project to my TV, and then project back to the main display - any clue as to what this may be? I don't really want to revert back to 8.1 but, if I cannot fix things, then I might just have to... To add insult to injury I went overkill and bought an AX1500i PSU - haha, highest wattage I've seen so...
Yeah, strange / bad coding...I am, in the next 24hrs going to order my second Asus 980ti Strix OC card, along with a 1500w PSU - hopefully then I'll get consistent 60hz refresh rate on max settings @ 4K...I'm annoyed that Assassins Creed Unity uses more than 6GB of vram on max settings @ 4k, shows you the way it is going... Next stop, faster memory (3600mhz DDR4 vs the 2800mhz am running at the moment, hopefully that 2:1 ratio compared to vram will make things smoother...
Shameless bump / price drop
Saw a pair of Layla's yesterday at City Thameslink (London) nearly made me walk into a post, seeing a pair other than my own in the wild...
Almost certainly a head fier, saw someone yesterday near to City Thameslink in London with a pair of Layla's... If that was you, raise your hand, I want to shake it.
Guess it is game over in that case then... That kind of thing hurts