Posts by Duncan

Seems that there must be an audiophile working on first great western in the UK... I like the bose bashing! 😉
Now I'm even more confused, so you have two dac/amps, and - no source?...This really probably belongs in a different thread!?Additionally, you haven't seemingly liked the LCD2 since the day you received them - a post of yours from the day you received them......and you received the Hugo on the same day, so - as I said, looks like you're aiming for something that the LCD2s just do not want to do, if they distort when you pump your bass into them - I am not going to respond...
No. it will not, all you are doing is adding another link to the chain...Let's try a different tangent - the bassiest headphones I've ever had the pleasure of hearing (when driven well) were a pair of Philips M1 headphones - listening to the canons at the end of the 1812 overture at high volume, they literally moved air (bounced away from my head, NOT recommended!) - these can easily be bought with the budget you have in mind for the amp, and can easily be powered by the...
No, I cannot - and it seems that no matter who tries to convince you, you cannot see that...Some things just do not work together (going back to my wine & beaker analogy)... All I can do is point you in the direction of this thread, and wish you well in your quest...
Agreed - before I sold my iPhone 5S on Friday to fund a Nokia 930 (don't mock me, wanted to try WP8!), there was nothing at all wrong with the Onkyo HF player, infact - I quite liked the fact that you could use it as an upscaler
That budget to me is still a bit pointless, too low - like drinking a fine wine from a plastic beaker......Even completely ignoring the Hugo (ironic, in a Hugo thread) the budget you have isn't enough to fully exploit the potential of the Audeze, so - I implore you to reconsider - why bother flogging a dead horse, if you like the SE846 and Hugo combination, look at selling the LCD2, and with the money gained from that sale, plus the $2-300 you have quoted you can lay down...
until iOS8 comes out, the only way to get high-res out is via the CCK, also to be fair, I do not believe that the Hugo is 'Apple certified' so will not accept native Apple signals (via lightning) anyway.
That is like buying a supercar (Hugo), and putting tractor tyres (E11) on it...As others have said, you're wasting 3/4 of the potential of the Hugo by double amping into the lowly E11 - You'd be much better off losing the Hugo completely, and running something like the CEntrance HiFi M8, which has adjustable bass boost (just a little hint, +3db iirc) but then you get cleaner amplification than you would with the E11 alone, or - depending on your gear, go for an FiiO X5 /...
Thanks for the opinion violencer Funnily, all those traits are what I'm looking for, so - might be spending some cash on this cable afterall
I wish I was a dab hand with a soldering iron, would love a right angled RCA to mono-jack cable - in the meantime I'm making do with the supplied FiiO cable, as below......Bit cumbersome with the big elbow adaptor, but best I can do BTW, cannot hear any difference in SQ between beta and 2.20 using digital out...